Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

50 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I did not know Windjammer did  eggs Benedict. 
In the MDR the English muffins need a saw to cut them up. 
I’ll definitely check them out in WJ next month. 

The English muffins in WJ are the same as MDR.  Nothing like Thomas English muffins.   I think they make more of the true English style muffin.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

@DaniDanielle  Marietta, there are also multiple sets of connecting balconies available all over the ship.  I wonder if they would let her get a connecting pair of balconies with a child solo in the cabin since it has the interior connecting door.  It might be too expensive though since they are balconies.

The usually won't let a minor be in room by themselves when booking.

I've found an OVB #7718 (5745$ including grats), and it disappeared moments later....

BUT, I think that 2 adults + 2 kids in one room, and having the 2nd adult as "no show" opens up much more possibilities than finding a cabin for 3.

I'll keep looking for this configuration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The usually won't let a minor be in room by themselves when booking.

You have been denied booking this way then?  I haven't, which is why I said I wonder if they will let her book this way since there is nothing that will sleep 3.  

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

You have been denied booking this way then?  I haven't, which is why I said I wonder if they will let her book this way since there is nothing that will sleep 3.  

No, I don't have any children that young anymore.  Just saying from other threads that say they couldn't book a child in cabin by themselves.    Never hurts to try.

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've found an OVB #7718 (5745$ including grats), and it disappeared moments later....

BUT, I think that 2 adults + 2 kids in one room, and having the 2nd adult as "no show" opens up much more possibilities than finding a cabin for 3.

I'll keep looking for this configuration.

I have been seeing cabins pop in and out too, so it could be Royal Ups being assigned and then cabins being grabbed quickly.  Prices are high though for balconies.  I just hope they can figure something out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have been seeing cabins pop in and out too, so it could be Royal Ups being assigned and then cabins being grabbed quickly.  Prices are high though for balconies.  I just hope they can figure something out.

Yes cabin 11606 that was available a couple minutes ago has now disappeared too.

Marietta maybe call royal and ask to be placed on a waiting list.

Or Eric and I have a suite booked for this sailing 😃

Edited by Sunshine3601

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric is not diabetic either but maybe I should check out diabetic socks and see if available in ankle or crew style then he would probably wear them.       Thanks Lenny and take care.

The brand I use comes in white,black and beige .The brand is Trufit.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, when we were kids we didn't suffer from cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, adult onset diabetes, etc., etc.  We just weren't concerned at the negative outcome back then.

I'm getting tired of our seemingly non stop 100+ degree temps in the Dallas area.  Going to reach 105 later in the week.  I don't know how many days of 100+ temps we had in a row but it's a lot!  No rain in sight.

Perhaps you should move back East😀.

Yesterday we had friends visit.It was the first time they were in my house in 5 years.They are Florida snowbirds but lately have been staying in Fla 9 months.They cruise often out of Fla.I was telling them about CC and specifically the people who post on this thread including those living in NY and or formerly in NY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eric used to row in college meets on the Charles River.    His crew won Head of Charles 2 years in a row.     We haven't been there since the early 90's.    Hope to get back some day soon.   I keep looking at cruises out of Boston.

Voyager repo to San Juan on October 30 😉?!

14 hours ago, George C said:

When I was a kid my dad delivered milk to supermarkets in Manhattan also ice cream mix to caravels ,once a summer I joined him and when we delivered to a carvel owner gave me anything I wanted. Loved carvel ice cream. 

There was a Carvel across the street from the Junior High I attended.On a warm day it was eating “food” in the school cafeteria or going to Carvel .

FYI for the readers here, I stopped in at Barnes & Noble to browse around. They currently have Buy  One Get One 50% off  on all hardcover books (a/k/a 25% off two LOL).  

Our closest friends just won a free NCL cruise from their gambling at Foxwoods.  They’ve never cruised before and asked me to research the options from a list they were given.  They also want us to go along, probably sometime next year in late spring or early summer.  So that’s what I’m doing today-cruise research. Not a bad way to spend the day!

• Like 10

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of my favorite cities, although I'm a little biased because I was born there.

Two of my friends went to college in Boston and did not come back to NY.A cousin of mine was the Curator of a museum there.I have been to Boston several times.

Eric used to row in college meets on the Charles River.    His crew won Head of Charles 2 years in a row.     We haven't been there since the early 90's.    Hope to get back some day soon.   I keep looking at cruises out of Boston.

We were there for the first time in 1973.We went to a movie theater that featured movies from the 1940’s.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Enjoy!!!  I love Boston. We'll be there in Oct during our NE cruise☺️ Our daughter and grandchildren visit frequently, since they live in CT.

I posted this before.The last time we were in Boston was 2015.We went for a weekend with two other couples,one from SI and the other from LI .My late friend Tony,a huge Yankees fan brought only Yankee jerseys ,hats and jackets.Tony was a big guy and had no fears .When we arrived at the hotel an employee suggested that Tony wear something else .

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

FYI for the readers here, I stopped in at Barnes & Noble to browse around. They currently have Buy  One Get One 50% off  on all hardcover books (a/k/a 25% off two LOL).  

Our closest friends just won a free NCL cruise from their gambling at Foxwoods.  They’ve never cruised before and asked me to research the options from a list they were given.  They also want us to go along, probably sometime next year in late spring or early summer.  So that’s what I’m doing today-cruise research. Not a bad way to spend the day!

A great way to spend a day. I used to love shopping at Barnes and Noble.I had a job for 6 years that was across the street from a B&N and on the same block as a B&N used book store.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughters call me every day to find out how I am feeling.

The older daughter called first and told me that she has Covid.

Everyone else in her family is find.

Ugghh, hopefully her symptoms remain mild and she has full recovery soon💐

• Like 2