Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.     I wish they could find a treatment for his orthostatic issue.     That drives him nuts.      The best solution so far has been drinking plenty of fluids and doing regular exercises but somedays you just never know.   It happens out of the blue.   Sometimes he goes to stand up after a meal and he gets lightheaded and has to sit back down.   When he wakes up in middle of night to go to bathroom he tries to sit on the bed and wiggle his legs around to get blood flowing to increase his pressures after being laying down position but sometimes you got to go when you got to go.   

There is no treatment for it. The barro receptors in the neck become more sluggish with age to sensing the change in postion and boosting pressure to get blood to the head. He has to learn to get up slowly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So sorry Debbie this happened to Eric. I hope he recovers quickly. I always thought the Sacrum was called the "Tailbone."

The coccyx is the tail bone. It is attached to the bottom of the sacrum.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Now this is Weird? I just got an email from Cruise Critic saying my rank has increased.

21824864_ScreenShot2022-07-15at4_47_26PM.thumb.png.c0b27c392192c1aa0b063be0e4a6651f.png

But if you look at my profile pic of one of my posts it says I have 4.7K posts. Kinda late don't you think???😉

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 4.47.05 PM.png

I am not sure how they figure your rank. 

I have 5,400, and it says I am at the 3,000+ rank with 701 points to go.  

C158C32F-55B2-4953-8E81-61C883414909.thumb.jpeg.a02ceded1e15ddabaa18c2e24d62d46e.jpeg

By my math, it should be at 5,000+

Maybe they have the Royal team doing math for them. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They said not much can be done but I just set up appt. to see the ortho doc on Monday afternoon.     Primary said to avoid any excessive/stressful activities and ortho will probably recommend some PT to start in a week or two.      For now, he is to take tylenol.   He's not in a lot of pain so that's good.   The only time he really feels the pain is in bed especially if he tries to turn from back to side.    

I'm so sorry to hear about Eric's fall and his fractured sacrum.  Thank God he didn't hit his head in the process.  Physical Therapists are worth their weight in gold.   I'm glad that Eric isn't in too much pain and that the tylenol is helping.  I sure hope he feels better quickly.  🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We will soon be heading out to a wedding on our SIL side of the familyCorrie had this to say....

I will be the flower girl and Zander will be the reindeer......  😆 

Zander is going to be the ring bearer.  😆 

Love it!  I love when kids come out with things like Corrie just did.😊  Have a great time at the Wedding!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is no treatment for it. The barro receptors in the neck become more sluggish with age to sensing the change in postion and boosting pressure to get blood to the head. He has to learn to get up slowly.

Thank you for sharing this explanation.  One of the great things about our thread.😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric had a fall last weekend in our master bathroom.   He is orthostatic and if he gets up to quick his blood pressure can drop into the 60/40 range.     I guess this happened the other night when he went to go.      He was in some pain but said nothing was broken just twisted himself when he went to fall and wanting to avoid hitting his head on vanity and/or tile floor. 

While after 2 days of pain this week I called primary and he went for x-rays Wednesday afternoon.    They called this morning and said he has a fracture of his sacrum.     They said not much can be done but I just set up appt. to see the ortho doc on Monday afternoon.     Primary said to avoid any excessive/stressful activities and ortho will probably recommend some PT to start in a week or two.      For now, he is to take tylenol.   He's not in a lot of pain so that's good.   The only time he really feels the pain is in bed especially if he tries to turn from back to side.    

For anyone unsure where the sacrum is, here is an image I found online:

image.png.ea55859e6ad121151b71efb9745b7f09.png

Oh, what a shame! I just did something similar when we were in Lake Tahoe, earlier in the week. I tripped and torqued my knee. And then when I tried to get up, found out my knee was sprained and went down again on my butt. So, my sacrum is bruised or injured, too. 

Did they give him a donut pillow? It takes the pressure off. You can also use an airline pillow, with the open end at the back, if it is not a really thick one. I hope he feels better soon. I am temporarily using my cane. :classic_sad: But both are feeling better for me, since it has been a few days. 

• Like 10

I see there has been some discussion about ice cream.  I said that Skyline Chili was the thing that I missed the second most about Cincinnati behind my daughters.  The thing I miss the third most is Graeter's Ice Cream.  It's easily the best ice cream that I've ever had...especially their flavors with chocolate chip in them as the chocolate chip is actually huge chunks of high quality chocolate.  Oprah said that it was the best ice cream that she's had (or something to that effect) on her show a few years ago and there was a tremendous amount of ice cream ordered online the next day.  Well worth ordering an admittedly expensive dry ice packed shipment of 6 pints (for $80 shipped) if you're an ice cream afficionado.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry this happened to Eric.  Hoping he has a full recovery!

Goodness, any pizza is better than Costco's.  Quite a few years ago it was much better than it is now.  I used to eat their hot dogs until I found out one has 1,000 mg sodium. No thanks.

I eat one hot dog every two years.When I was in my teens I ate a lot in Nathan’s in Coney Island.

When we were young we ate every kind of junk food that now is supposedly not healthy ,yet when we were kids nobody got sick from all these foods.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been away a couple of days and missed a lot.  Rather than reading it all, I'll just post this meme that's used when people post long messages on Twitter.  I don't intend it with as much snark as it has on Twitter.

I Ain't Reading All That | Know Your Meme

That remind me, my TSOD has the simple caption: "I'm just going to nod and pretend I'm listening".

Same thought as your twitter post. 😄

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

How do you even begin to eat/drink that?  I'd need a lobster bib, otherwise I would be wearing half of it.

You noticed there is a plate under the Mason Jar to catch anything that slides off of it..........What is also nice they have  a  Large like Laundry Sink up front near where you pick up your order where you can wash up and clean your Mason Jar , you get to keep the Jars. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

My friend who lives closer to the coast then we do sent me this picture yesterday.  The bear walked between her house and her neighbor's house and then across the street.  They are more common in her area then in mine.  I would love to see a bear in my yard!

Resized_20220714_123858.thumb.jpeg.f619c7cea4952d0c3a8dc9ac50c5bd99.jpeg

We have bear in our neighborhood from time to time.  Haven't seen them myself but have seen them on our neighbors security camera, they back up to woods.  One was hit on the road a few years ago.  We never thought there would be so much wildlife hereby the beach.  Of course, with all the building going on they are getting chased out, nowhere to go.

As for Crazy Mason, the ice cream place Jimbo mentioned, we have a location up here in N Myrtle.  Haven't been just don't think I could eat that much, maybe when we have visitors will go sometime, nit a day to day place for us.  Yes they do get a lot of business.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The problem started right before he had his transplant in 2017.   He's been told compression socks may help but he doesn't want to wear them especially in the summer.   So he tries to manage as best as he can but every now and then, usually after eating a big meal or middle of night is when it tends to be a problem.

His transplant doc asked him if he wanted to be part of a case study another Doc is holding at Penn Medicine but he didn't want to go into Philadelphia 2 to 3 times a week.    We see his transplant doc in mid August will ask how the study is going.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Oh, what a shame! I just did something similar when we were in Lake Tahoe, earlier in the week. I tripped and torqued my knee. And then when I tried to get up, found out my knee was sprained and went down again on my butt. So, my sacrum is bruised or injured, too. 

Did they give him a donut pillow? It takes the pressure off. You can also use an airline pillow, with the open end at the back, if it is not a really thick one. I hope he feels better soon. I am temporarily using my cane. :classic_sad: But both are feeling better for me, since it has been a few days. 

Sorry to hear about your fall and injury.

We only had a phone conversation with the primary doc with xray results.   We see the ortho doc on Monday.

He's a stubborn bugger.  I suggested he use a cane or walker that we have from his Dad.

I have learned just bring it out and eventually he may use it.

That is a great idea about airplane pillow.   We do have them and will suggest he give it a try.  Thank you.

Love this thread and all the helpful caring people💕

I hope your sprain and sacrum feel better soon.😍

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You noticed there is a plate under the Mason Jar to catch anything that slides off of it..........What is also nice they have  a  Large like Laundry Sink up front near where you pick up your order where you can wash up and clean your Mason Jar , you get to keep the Jars. 🙂

I thought you were going to say you get to spot wash your shirt when done😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I thought you were going to say you get to spot wash your shirt when done😁

For the little kids, you could actually pick them up and put them in the sink and spray them down and wash them off .. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

It hasn't been a good couple of days in our house.

After the AC fiasco a few weeks ago we thought we were done with big fixes. Nope.

Wed night John thought the computer was running slow. He took it out to the garage to blow out the dust. Has done it many times. Tjus time when he hooked it back up, trouble. DEAD AS A DOORNAIL.

Did some looking around...it might be this, or this, or a new computer. He got ahold of a computer place that had done some work for his boss and took it over there. Just a dead power supply. They had one in stock and now we're up and running.

Then, I noticed the ice maker wasn't making ice. Oh boy. It could be this, or this, or new unit. He bought a new filter, punched some buttons (why not?) and whew! it's making ice again.

Oh, but we're not done yet spending money. He came up from the basement today and the dehumidifier was not working. The compressor was running way too hot so he couldn't fix this one. It's kind of important that it gets replaced ASAP as we have a LOT of magazines in the basement that we sell in our shop and for some silly reason people don't like to buy moldy paper. So new dehumidifier is now humming away in the basement.

What do they say about things in three's? I'd say we're done! 

• Like 17