Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

56 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That would be one kid in a cabin, don’t think that is allowed.

I meant if you book 2 adults and 2 children in same cabin then have 2nd adult be a no show.  A couple cabins for 4 people keep popping up but disappear quick.

Maybe Eric and I adopt one of the children and put on our booking for suite then they could sleep in their moms cabin. 😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

East to Florida.  All the good things about Texas but with rain and lower temps!

We have friends who were snowbirds but loved Fla so much that they moved there.This past February the high school that I went to in NY had a reunion in Florida because there were more alum living there than NY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughters call me every day to find out how I am feeling.

The older daughter called first and told me that she has Covid.

Everyone else in her family is find.

Sorry to hear your older daughter has Covid Lenny.

Our Sarah tested positive again today but she said she is feeling a lot better.

Graham.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I guess once I eat "The Sandwich" at boarding,  Park Café is forgotten.   I forget to go there for bags of chips too.

Sharon loves the Indian food too.  One cruise She asked about curry food in the MDR the first day.  After that, no matter what she ordered, they would also bring a curry dish out too.

I am amazed, with all the food I eat on a cruise, how good those bags of chips are!

I never buy potato chips at home, but those  Lay’s Classic chips on a cruise are wonderful. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The English muffins in WJ are the same as MDR.  Nothing like Thomas English muffins.   I think they make more of the true English style muffin.

But in Coastal Kitchen you can cut them with a fork.   

• Like 3

For all of those in Texas complaining about 100 deg heat,  my step son lives in San Antonio , and he is seeing the same heat.

Here is south Florida,  we have been seeing 90 deg heat.  However we are both seeing similar "feels like"  often just a couple of degrees apart, since he has 30% humidity while we have 75%.   Thankfully. my AC only has to deal with actual temperature.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Although it shows more days, it seems like it is showing menus for a 7 day cruise.  You probably already know but in your app you can look at any ship.  Our Allure cruise is October 15.  It shows menus for an 8 day cruise if you want to compare.  Now if Our port days are different, things will be different such as when some places are open for lunch. 

Last night, when I looked up the menu for you,  I spent a bunch of time checking out different stuff.  I am looking forward to trying out the Samba Grill for the 1st time.  We might try 150 too.  We are trying the UDP for the first time.

No, I didn’t know I can look at any ship!

I tried before, and decided it’s not programmed to see any except those booked. 
So how do I do it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I am amazed, with all the food I eat on a cruise, how good those bags of chips are!

I never buy potato chips at home, but those  Lay’s Classic chips on a cruise are wonderful. 

I agree .I cannot recall the last time we bought chips.

This week, our town is holding its annual "Extravaganza" with rides, food trucks, concerts and vendors.

Last night was "Craft Beer" tasting. I got lots of compliments on my TSOTD which read in bold letters:

IN MY DEFENSE

I WAS LEFT

UNSUPERVISED

For tonights Fireworks show, my TSOTD is  "Your Killing Me Smalls" from the movie, The Sandlot. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

44 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Our favorite restaurant has that are there bar menu , homemade chips half are sweet potato with a really good dipping sauce. We both got second Covid booster today , heard we can still get a third when new shots come out in October.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

East to Florida.  All the good things about Texas but with rain and lower temps!

My step-daughter, who lived in Texas for the past 5 years and moved back to NY to stay with me "for a bit" last December would like to move to the east coast of Florida by winter.

Sure,  the warm temps and much lower cost of living are all well and good but I think it's the fact several of her single gal pals are living it up on the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale that's the draw.

My take? It'll be nice to have some place to stay for free pre- and post- cruise. 😁

50 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For the person who asked about the Rise of Gru, it was pretty good for for the 4th movie in the series. 

Thank you. I wasn't the one that asked but same step-daughter actually asked me today if I'd go see that movie with her. Which means, none of her friends wanted to go or have already seen it. 😆

But I'm told I should see the Despicable Me movies first. All 3 + Minions. I guess I know what I'm doing with my Saturday night! LOL

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Our favorite restaurant has that are there bar menu , homemade chips half are sweet potato with a really good dipping sauce. We both got second Covid booster today , heard we can still get a third when new shots come out in October.

I think I am going to hold out for my 2nd booster until the new one gets released this fall.   

I hope you both avoid any side effects😃

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, George C said:

I am contacting my PCP about the second booster next week to see whether I should take it or not.  I have read lots of conflicting information about vaccinations after having covid and what is considered "symptom free" to get the booster.  Not sure I qualify yet anyway.

Did you get Moderna or Pfizer?  Family members who have had the second Pfizer booster have had no side effects.  None have gotten Moderna booster yet though, which is what I would get.

I hope you have no side effects.  Keep us posted. 🙂 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My step-daughter, who lived in Texas for the past 5 years and moved back to NY to stay with me "for a bit" last December would like to move to the east coast of Florida by winter.

Sure,  the warm temps and much lower cost of living are all well and good but I think it's the fact several of her single gal pals are living it up on the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale that's the draw.

My take? It'll be nice to have some place to stay for free pre- and post- cruise. 😁

Thank you. I wasn't the one that asked but same step-daughter actually asked me today if I'd go see that movie with her. Which means, none of her friends wanted to go or have already seen it. 😆

But I'm told I should see the Despicable Me movies first. All 3 + Minions. I guess I know what I'm doing with my Saturday night! LOL

You’re going to miss her!

She’s going to miss you, too!

Thank goodness for FaceTime!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

No, I didn’t know I can look at any ship!

I tried before, and decided it’s not programmed to see any except those booked. 
So how do I do it? 

Open the app and click the middle.

image.thumb.png.7f2f3be5597ca2706b834c38431d78e4.png

Nexr page go to the bottom and click Change ship.

image.thumb.png.65c94acff0e264c723c5c1b7e5502cfa.png

On the next page go again to the bottom and click Get more details on ships we support. 

image.thumb.png.0d0c4cc111c81fd5ea65ccfd3bff817a.png

On the next page click on a ship you want to see.

image.thumb.png.ea4aa4fc1ee4b5c556f33153c09ffc21.png

Next page click the date you want.

image.thumb.png.289f1f7d4b18cbf4a602f0294acb259c.png

And there you are!  Nice way to see what each ship is offering or to follow others.

image.thumb.png.f5ac406e766b956e12467b2df917e8b6.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think I am going to hold out for my 2nd booster until the new one gets released this fall.   

I hope you both avoid any side effects😃

We had zero well, almost zero side effects. Arm a little sore at the site for a couple of days. Then we forgot to keep pressing on it!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Open the app and click the middle.

image.thumb.png.7f2f3be5597ca2706b834c38431d78e4.png

Nexr page go to the bottom and click Change ship.

image.thumb.png.65c94acff0e264c723c5c1b7e5502cfa.png

On the next page go again to the bottom and click Get more details on ships we support. 

image.thumb.png.0d0c4cc111c81fd5ea65ccfd3bff817a.png

On the next page click on a ship you want to see.

image.thumb.png.ea4aa4fc1ee4b5c556f33153c09ffc21.png

Next page click the date you want.

image.thumb.png.289f1f7d4b18cbf4a602f0294acb259c.png

And there you are!  Nice way to see what each ship is offering or to follow others.

image.thumb.png.f5ac406e766b956e12467b2df917e8b6.png

It all worked. Almost 

I asked for Allure Oct 15. Looked at the menu for day 8 and again it was only breakfast!

So I can see the itinerary, but not that darned 8th day menu!

I've got a couple of social media recommendations.  First, since there are many animal lovers here, is a Twitter account from the Netherlands called Buitengebieden (which Google Translate tells me means Outsiders in English).  It's a bunch of cute/funny videos of animals.  I get a laugh from this account almost daily.

The second is a YouTube channel of a guy who owns a landscaping business.  Once a week, he transforms a completely overgrown landscape of a house where the owner has died, moved away, or is otherwise not capable, and no one is taking care of the yard.  There's not much talking...just 30+ minutes of sped up video showing him cutting everything in fast motion.  It's very strangely addicting to watch.  Here's one of his more popular videos if you're looking to kill an hour. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2