Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Miss our Golden.  We had to put Scarlett down 2 years ago.  She was a very good girl.  We keep going back and forth about getting another dog.  

Scarlett.thumb.jpg.f87b7cf939588a89e6a406ee8a7ce2a2.jpg

She was beautiful! I understand how you feel. We lost our Marley a little more than two years ago. He was our daughter's only "sibling" and they grew up together. Our house felt so empty without him, and she really pushed us to get another. My husband and I weren't ready to take the plunge quite yet. We had been looking into adopting a friend for Marley from a rescue before he passed away. After 6 months, we started our fostering journey with Golden Retriever Rescue Resource (from Ohio). We fostered 2 dogs and one puppy (oh my! I'm too old for that again!) before we got Ginny and Bo (mother and son). They were two of many surrendered by a breeder. They were in terrible shape. It took 6 months to get Ginny healthy enough to be spayed. By then, we were too attached. They were ours. We adopted them both. We've had them a little over a year now, and are so thankful to have had them with us through Covid. They make our home more fun for sure!

This was our Marley... he was such a wonderful boy!

IMG_1204.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rough night and will probably got tougher.  Yesterday afternoon Eric was diagnosed with a bad UTI and started an antibiotic around 2 pm.   Last night after Dinner Eric became lethargic and was flopping on sofa while watching tv.  I thought he was having a stroke so called 911.  They said he was dehydrated and very common to have this type of reaction with a bad UTI.

He was admitted to a room in middle of night and I just got notified by hospital he tested positive for Covid.

I'm scared to death what will happen since he is on anti rejection meds being a transplant recipient that is immuno compromised.   Waiting for his transplant doctor to call me back.  Please pray for him.

Oh no, I am praying for you both.  Stay strong,  you have both gone through so much, you can do it again.  I know the worry believe me👍
Marietta

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rough night and will probably got tougher.  Yesterday afternoon Eric was diagnosed with a bad UTI and started an antibiotic around 2 pm.   Last night after Dinner Eric became lethargic and was flopping on sofa while watching tv.  I thought he was having a stroke so called 911.  They said he was dehydrated and very common to have this type of reaction with a bad UTI.

He was admitted to a room in middle of night and I just got notified by hospital he tested positive for Covid.

I'm scared to death what will happen since he is on anti rejection meds being a transplant recipient that is immuno compromised.   Waiting for his transplant doctor to call me back.  Please pray for him.

Prayers for both of you 🙏

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Just catching up with the thread, not sure if this comment has been made - but sadly I cannot envision this sort of trip being made for a while.  

Small islands will not welcome day trippers bringing in potential new variant infections and overwhelming small health services.   Making so many different calls on one trip sounds risky.  

It does sound like the trip of a lifetime.  I cruise for the port days not the sea days so this looks like an amazing plan when I win the lottery.  Just not yet.  

My good news yesterday was that non-essential shops have opened.  My nails are finally back to their colourful selves.  

Our 2021 Aussie adventure on Serenade was cancelled weeks ago by RCI.   I know they are taking bookings for Australia for 2022, but I have no plans to try to rebook that early.  I will wait until 2023, probably for March of that year.  Then if things are still bad...can cancel at that time.  

19 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Do they really fall?

Yes.  

When we were in the Florida Keys a few years ago during a record cold snap...they were indeed falling out of the trees (mostly Mangrove bushes).   The ones that fell into the canals drowned.  There was one guy from the area we were in that thought the one he found was dead.  He put it in his trunk.  You can just imagine the shock he got when the thing regained consciousness...and was very upset and rowdy when he opened the trunk again!!  One upset lizard!! 🦎

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Keksie said:

A soft fall.  However they are an invasive species.  From Florida Fish and Wildlife:

Green iguanas are not protected in Florida except by anti-cruelty laws and can be humanely killed on private property year-round with landowner permission. The FWC encourages removal of green iguanas from private properties by landowners. Members of the public may also remove and kill iguanas from 25 Commission-managed public lands without a license or permit under Executive Order 20-17. Captured iguanas cannot be relocated and released at other locations in Florida. If you are not capable of safely removing iguanas from your property, please seek assistance from a professional nuisance wildlife trapper.

My sister gave Bucky an Iguana cookbook for Christmas.  (A Joke to mess with him!)...but some other countries/islands actually DO eat them.  Yuck!!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Prayers for you both.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

37f and cloudy this morning.

So far I have had very little discomfort from my eye.

it is 9am here and I am having breakfast watching TV in bed 

After breakfast Pauline is going to take my eye patch off and clean around the eye then I will start my 4 weeks course of eye drops.

Thank you to everyone for all your good wishes messages.

Graham.

Graham pleased to hear surgery went well.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Keksie said:

It isn't just Florida that has invasive species.  Texas has a big problem with feral hogs.  An invasive species can do a lot of damage to a native population since a lot of times the native animals do not have protection from the invasive species.  

We have feral hogs all over the place here in "the swamp".  😮  They dig up yards...and sometimes the golf course.  They are after grubs, bugs...etc.  Our yard was dug up one night...looked like someone hit it with a rototiller!!  😮   And yes...there are hunters here outside our community in the St. John's water management area to our west (mostly in air boats) that hunt them.  Bring on the BBQ sauce!  😉 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't think I could kill an iguana. They are too neat looking. Pythons, feral hogs yes; but not iguanas or Myna birds. :classic_biggrin: What is funny, is that invasive species were a large part of my career in the agriculture dept., but we mostly dealt with invasive insects and plant species, not something you are likely to get attached to. :classic_biggrin: The animals were Fish & Wildlife's problem. 

The Iguanas in the Florida Keys are killing off native species, and eating all flowing plants.  Their poop is really disgusting and smelly.  They are trying to get rid of them down there...but are losing the battle.  

We enjoy watching them...but they really are gross.  We have a bad invasion of Pythons in the Florida everglades as well.  

• Thanks 1

OH no!!  That's terrible!!  I am sooo sorry to hear that.  All the best wishes for speedy recovery for him.  It must be so hard on you both.  Sending well wishes and hugs.  

• Like 1

Oh this is so terrible for you Sunshine... Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Like 2

A bit of "divergence" amid @Sunshine3601 worrying news -- 

Doing our best to "entertain" our 4.5 and 2.5 grandkids, while DS is trying to work from our living room (no kindergartens for the last 6 weeks)

Yoga from TV

PHOTO-2021-02-04-13-42-27.jpg

The youngest "doing his best" to rearrange the pantry cum utility room

PHOTO-2021-02-04-13-42-34.jpg

and the "end result" in the living room....

PHOTO-2021-02-04-16-27-22.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

She was beautiful! I understand how you feel. We lost our Marley a little more than two years ago. He was our daughter's only "sibling" and they grew up together. Our house felt so empty without him, and she really pushed us to get another. My husband and I weren't ready to take the plunge quite yet. We had been looking into adopting a friend for Marley from a rescue before he passed away. After 6 months, we started our fostering journey with Golden Retriever Rescue Resource (from Ohio). We fostered 2 dogs and one puppy (oh my! I'm too old for that again!) before we got Ginny and Bo (mother and son). They were two of many surrendered by a breeder. They were in terrible shape. It took 6 months to get Ginny healthy enough to be spayed. By then, we were too attached. They were ours. We adopted them both. We've had them a little over a year now, and are so thankful to have had them with us through Covid. They make our home more fun for sure!

This was our Marley... he was such a wonderful boy!

IMG_1204.jpeg

Marley looks friendly and sweet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Doing our best to "entertain" our 4.5 and 2.5 grandkids, while DS is trying to work from our living room (no kindergartens for the last 6 weeks)

Yoga from TV

You have lovely grandchildren.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Yoga from TV

Beautiful grandkids Dani.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1