Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Furniture is slowly starting to trickle in at our new house.  My wife's "glam station" is now sitting in our bedroom.  It's a makeup desk that is a lot like the desk area in a Royal cabin.  Whenever we cruise, DW turns that space into her hair and makeup area.  Since our first Royal cruise, she has been saying that she wants a space like that in her house.  Check.

We've also received a couple of barstools for the kitchen island, a new TV/soundbar, and two office chairs.  Still (patiently??) waiting on the replacement beverage cabinet that arrived previously with a broken leg, two loveseats (should be here tomorrow!), a couple of rugs, kitchen dining chairs, and two beds.  Dining room table and chairs still TBD.  It seems like we get something small delivered from Amazon every couple of days.  Don't know what we'd do without them.

LOL...I think Amazon drivers have my house on permanent daily routing.  😉  

I am having trouble with my new sound bar.  It is a Sony, like the TV and the DVD player...but for some reason does not play audio on Blue Ray discs.  Must be a setting for it...but I can't figure it out yet.  Plays sound on everything else.  

Congrats on getting your furniture coming in!  I am still waiting on the love seat we ordered.  At least the new bathroom cabinets came in, and now waiting on the new tile.  

I need to order office chairs also...may see them sometime in 2023 at this rate.  😖

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am having trouble with my new sound bar.  It is a Sony, like the TV and the DVD player...but for some reason does not play audio on Blue Ray discs.  Must be a setting for it...but I can't figure it out yet.  Plays sound on everything else.  

Congrats on getting your furniture coming in!  I am still waiting on the love seat we ordered.  At least the new bathroom cabinets came in, and now waiting on the new tile.  

I need to order office chairs also...may see them sometime in 2023 at this rate.  😖

Wish I could help with the sound bar issue but I've got Sonos rather than Sony.  I believe that Blue Ray uses a higher quality sound format which could require either the right software settings or the right hardware/cable connection.  You likely just need to ensure that the audio output format on your DVD player matches what your sound bar thinks it's receiving.  

For info, we went with Steelcase Series 1 office chairs and ordered directly from Steelcase.  That allowed us to get hardwood floor casters where most other websites that sell Steelcase only had regular casters.  They were delivered in a couple of weeks.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wish I could help with the sound bar issue but I've got Sonos rather than Sony.  I believe that Blue Ray uses a higher quality sound format which could require either the right software settings or the right hardware/cable connection.  You likely just need to ensure that the audio output format on your DVD player matches what your sound bar thinks it's receiving.  

For info, we went with Steelcase Series 1 office chairs and ordered directly from Steelcase.  That allowed us to get hardwood floor casters where most other websites that sell Steelcase only had regular casters.  They were delivered in a couple of weeks.  

Thanks for the info!  🙂  I know I need to stop being lazy and delve into the problem.  Has to be a setting somehow.  The TV, Blue Ray disc. player, and the sound bar are all brand new (plus all being the same company).  So I must be missing something. 

We still have to pull carpet, and tile the office...plus order new office furniture.  Not going to tackle that until we finish the main bathroom.  But with the length of time to get the office chairs we want Bucky is spoiled and sold on Stressless (Ekorne)...probably need to order them soon anyway.  

I love Steel case office products!  Used to work for one of their divisions many...many years ago in Michigan!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Pat, when you find a free moment from all your DIY projects, are you using a HDMI cable or a optical cable from the sound bar to the DVD player? HDMI cable is better for higher resolution audio for blue ray formats. Another thing to check is make sure you've selected the correct input on the sound bar remote. Now back to work. 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Pat, when you find a free moment from all your DIY projects, are you using a HDMI cable or a optical cable from the sound bar to the DVD player? HDMI cable is better for higher resolution audio for blue ray formats. Another thing to check is make sure you've selected the correct input on the sound bar remote. Now back to work. 😉

LOL...Thanks Dave.  ☺️ Yes, HDMI cable.  I am quite sure you are right, and it's the remote I have to play with some more.  Need to get those Sony components talking to each other...they seem to be at odds with each right now....like pissy children I guess. 

"Movie night" is Friday night...will see what I can do then. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

...   On a more interesting note, since Owen is now back at school we are out for the sunrise.  Today was a good day for photos, while waiting for the bus. We had sun all day even though it was somewhat cold. ...

Those photos are really beautiful!   The snow even appears an icy blue color.   Thanks for sharing

21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:
21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Maintenance crew from our Condo is cleaning the snow off our walkway now.One of our son-in-laws is taking us and will clean the 

path for us.

Wonderful son-in-law!   Good luck, hope this second shot has no side effects for you!

39 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Well done 😁👍  How do u feel?

Good Thanks.

First they took a cataract off and put a new lens in then pealedt the Epiretinal Membrane off and put a stitch in.

The patch will come off tomorrow and I have an appointment in 3 weeks time.

I have 3 different eye drops to put in 4 times a day.

I do not have to posture my head in any way.

Graham.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, when you have a bad day in TX, head to FL and launch two rockets 4 hours apart. 😉 👍🚀 🛰 😎

Not sure why 18 goes before 17

Doubt I'll stay up late, or get up early

I try to watch the SpaceX launches.  I won't stay up late or get up early either...the replays are easy to watch on the SpaceX web site.

17 was originally scheduled for a few days ago.  Weather delays have pushed it back.  17 has an early morning launch window, 18 has an early AM launch window.

First time I've seen the Geoff Barrett web site.  Very nice.

I've been using spaceflightnow.com for the schedule.  And lately I've been using https://www.rocketlaunch.live/?filter=florida.  

Just now the Rocket Launch Live site was updated to show 17 has slipped another day, to Feb 05. But my other sites don't show that yet.

Rocket Launch Live has filters one can use to show launches for a particular area or for the entire country.

Edited by Paul from Maryland
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I try to watch the SpaceX launches.  I won't stay up late or get up early either...the replays are easy to watch on the SpaceX web site.

17 was originally scheduled for a few days ago.  Weather delays have pushed it back.  17 has an early morning launch window, 18 has an early AM launch window.

First time I've seen the Geoff Barrett web site.  Very nice.

I've been using spaceflightnow.com for the schedule.  And lately I've been using https://www.rocketlaunch.live/?filter=florida.  

Just now the Rocket Launch Live site was updated to show 17 has slipped another day, to Feb 05. But my other sites don't show that yet.

Rocket Launch Live has filters one can use to show launches for a particular area or for the entire country.

I miss watching them in person

Will be in town following week if any of these slip further 

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I miss watching them in person

Will be in town following week if any of these slip further 

I keep setting my alarm..only to find they have been cancelled...snore.  Makes me start my day early then. 

Will watch from back porch windows, whimpy me not feeling like stepping outside to watch.  😉 

• Like 1