Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh man...now you are just bragging.  😉   Wow...how cool is that?!!  All within golf cart access...love it!!  Are you sure you are not in the "Villages"?   😮  

We're about 7% as big as the Villages

And there are a lot more places that I have no interest in or closed due to covid economy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There you go - time to open up a Bar!  

I need to research. 

Obviously the Mexican place and the high end pizza joint have bars, just no stand alone.

There is one between Lowes and SmallMart, but no cart access to that center

43 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We have children that live in Ruskin, on the west side of the state, south of Tampa. The route from here goes through Sun City, where residents range all over the place on their carts.

The cannot drive on the main roads,  but they do cross it at traffic signals.

We're not supposed to cross 200 or take the right of way sidewalks to the isolated shopping centers.

There are new things going in near Publix I understand

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

How about a recent M8 steak

FB_IMG_1612220137166.thumb.jpg.71b52bfdb154bb516d127d010cd86f9d.jpg

He's been doing lots of training work on his motorcycle, got moved into rental house, and finalized design center and pool design on the new house.

That's great to hear all is going well for him and his wife.    Meeting with design center and pool design is always fun!

Steak looks delicious, cooked perfect 😃Thank you for the update

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I need to research. 

Obviously the Mexican place and the high end pizza joint have bars, just no stand alone.

There is one between Lowes and SmallMart, but no cart access to that center

An outdoor stand alone bar where you drive up in your cart would be perfect

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Right now that sounds good to me. Just finished blowing out the driveway for the second time and the snow is still coming down. I'm in need of an RCI bartender.

I hear ya!    I did 1 round of snow blowing and will do the rest tomorrow morning.     We have well over a foot so far and the lastest news is saying we could reach 2 feet when this is done tomorrow.    I cannot remember the last time it snowed it for 3 days.   this started Sunday late morning/early afternoon and is expected to stop Tuesday afternoon.    I so wish I was a cruise in Caribbean or anywhere warm and sunny 😪

• Like 4

14 hours ago, island lady said:

Awww....drats. 🥺  I was supposed to be on the flight down there right now.  Was to stay at a one bedroom suite/apartment on the waterfront next to the pier for 4 nights on the harbor as well.  

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure after all this is over with you’ll get to do the TP. We had a blast both times. The SP islands are beautiful. I wouldn’t mind doing another one, but we had a great TA booked on the Brilliance with a 12 day Baltic that got cancelled. Stupid covid. 😡

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Loooong cruises to many different countries/ports appeal to me but not my wife.  We did a 5 night from NYC to Bermuda a few years ago and the seas were pretty rough both going and coming.  DW swore that she wouldn't sail in open ocean again.  I've convinced her to try a Vancouver to Hawaii TP but it took sailing in a GS and spending a week in Hawaii afterwards to convince her.  She's still worried about heavy seas.  

The best location for someone who might get sea sick would be the lower cabins and in the middle of the ship. I have been lucky that I haven’t gotten sea sick on a cruise yet. We did the TP both ways and in April and October and didn’t have rough seas. I always have candied ginger with me in case I start to feel bad. Ginger snaps are also good.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We did round 1 of snow blowing/shoveling this morning and will wait for round 2 when it stops tomorrow.     looks like we have at least 10 inches so far and it's really snowing fast and furious here in upper bucks county, pa.    It is beautiful.     Shame it's not a good packing snow for the neighborhood children to make a snowman as they always do across the street from me. 

We lived in Hatfield for 3 years when Mike was at Willow Grove. I hibernated for 3 months each year. 🥶

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Publix

Lowes

Tru Value

Aldi’s 

Rose's 

Post Office

Neighborhood Wal-Mart 

Nail places galore

Several Banks

Burger King

Mexican Restaurant 

High end pizza joint

Pizza Hut

Starbucks 

Dominos

Walgreens

Golf Cart store

Sushi

Chinese takeout

Urgent care 

Several banks

Cigar store

And then the rec facilites and a few dining venues within the gates

No bar to speak of from what I can tell other than the 19th hole

About what size area would that be in? A mile or so? That seems like a lot of businesses to be able to get to so easily. We need to find something like that.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Alexa and I discuss my purchases😉

Does she ever tell you no you can’t buy something? 🤣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

About what size area would that be in? A mile or so? That seems like a lot of businesses to be able to get to so easily. We need to find something like that.

Does she ever tell you no you can’t buy something? 🤣

From our place to any of those is about 3 miles. The distance from Lowes to Tru Value (farthest apart) is about 1.5 miles

You should visit Viera

Are you kidding.  She recommends things.🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery with your vitrectomy tomorrow 🌷.

Do u get to spend some time in the hospital, or "in and out"?

Thanks Dani.

I am booked in to the ward for 11.15am tomorrow and will have a local anaesthetic.

I've just rang and they said bring an overnight bag but the nurse said usually the consultant will send you home when he does his round later.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How about a recent M8 steak

FB_IMG_1612220137166.thumb.jpg.71b52bfdb154bb516d127d010cd86f9d.jpg

He's been doing lots of training work on his motorcycle, got moved into rental house, and finalized design center and pool design on the new house.

Please send him my best wishes.

Pleased to hear Rory and his wife are well.

Graham.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani.

I am booked in to the ward for 11.15am tomorrow and will have a local anaesthetic.

I've just rang and they said bring an overnight bag but the nurse said usually the consultant will send you home when he does his round later.

Best wishes for a successful procedure and hopefully they will release you to recuperate at home instead of an overnight at hospital.  Please let us know how you are doing, when able to.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woke up a bit ago and we have just under 2 feet of snow and it's still snowing!!!    Saying another 2 to 4 inches to fall this morning and storm should be out of here this afternoon.  

Enjoying my golden honeydew from honduras this morning, dreaming of being in the caribbean before I go out to shovel and snow blow.  

Eric feels terrible that he isnt allowed to help due to his broken humerus that is still healing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Best wishes for a successful procedure and hopefully they will release you to recuperate at home instead of an overnight at hospital.  Please let us know how you are doing, when able to.  😊

Thank you Sunshine.

I will post when I can.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woke up a bit ago and we have just under 2 feet of snow and it's still snowing!!!    Saying another 2 to 4 inches to fall this morning and storm should be out of here this afternoon.  

Enjoying my golden honeydew from honduras this morning, dreaming of being in the caribbean before I go out to shovel and snow blow.  

Eric feels terrible that he isnt allowed to help due to his broken humerus that is still healing.

Take care in the snow.

Graham.

• Like 1

Sunshine, we also have two feet of snow in Northern NJ and it is still snowing....  I will be out there shoveling soon.  Getting our cars (in the driveway) cleaned off might be the hardest part... very little room to negotiate with....

It is beautiful, however. ❄️

• Like 2

Graham

Best wishes.

Too all those battling snow and the amount, be careful, be safe.

Here in the snowbelt we managed to only get about 5 inches.

The DH plowed yesterday, and driveway is starting to look like we will see concrete soon.

Bitter cold to come next week, so I will say now  BRRRRRRRR

Be safe.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Graham

Best wishes.

Too all those battling snow and the amount, be careful, be safe.

Here in the snowbelt we managed to only get about 5 inches.

The DH plowed yesterday, and driveway is starting to look like we will see concrete soon.

Bitter cold to come next week, so I will say now  BRRRRRRRR

Be safe.

Thank you Lionesss.

Graham.