Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks. In all honesty I’d miss it too.

After being at the cold arena at nights, after Owen’s practices, I will admit it makes crawling into bed a little nicer. The master and walk-in have heated floors too, which are an added bonus. Especially on long, cold, miserable days. 

Indeed a very, very luxurious bathroom!  😍 

Being deep into remodeling both of our bathrooms in this much smaller (retiree size) house....I sure wouldn't want to take that one on!! Whew...these both at once were bad enough!  

When we voluntarily self isolated back last March, I made the mistake of believing the media reports of how we were going to have food shortages.  I compounded this mistake by asking a prepper friend from Montana what food I should buy in the event of shortages.  As someone else posted, I will never need to buy any more dried beans, lentils or rice.  I also was talked into dried milk (maybe I can use that in baking), commercial size box of ramen (maybe I bought the wrong brand but one try was so disgusting I threw that all away.) 

Now the only thing I pay attention to is making sure my wine cache is well stocked.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

My avatar photo is very likely to disappear for a 2021 Shelby GT500.  I have been talking about it since last August but I decided to wait until this year. We were chatting about ordering time frame windows yesterday.  If ordered by late February, delivery should be late April/May just as the weather improves. 

They unfortunately stopped making the lime green colour for the 2021. It was a one year colour. I took a chance that it would still be available.  They do however make my second favourite colour for 2021.

Very nice.  I'll need to start paying attention to your avatar to see when it changes.  I used to work with a guy from Germany and we often parked near each other.  I drove a BMW and then a Mercedes.  I like German cars.  He drove a Shelby GT.  He likes American muscle. 

And if you can't get the color that you want, you can always wrap it:

image.thumb.png.85217d5b467f1377ef5a90c2ed2b3af2.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

When we voluntarily self isolated back last March, I made the mistake of believing the media reports of how we were going to have food shortages. 

Now the only thing I pay attention to is making sure my wine cache is well stocked.

That would be my first priority!!  😉 🍷

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

That is a sharp colour.  Are you allowed to have that deep a tint on the windows in Ontario?

There are rules, but I usually go to to the lighter side. There is also a practically clear tint that keeps out the a great amount of heat, and UV rays. You can get the same with tint as well. I have taken to applying that clear layer to the windshield, so when the car is outside in the summer it keeps it cooler. Did the glass on the sunroof as well. 

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very nice.  I'll need to start paying attention to your avatar to see when it changes.  I used to work with a guy from Germany and we often parked near each other.  I drove a BMW and then a Mercedes.  I like German cars.  He drove a Shelby GT.  He likes American muscle. 

And if you can't get the color that you want, you can always wrap it:

You would like the garage at my mom’s.😉 As for wrap, we clear bra the cars here with PPE.  Some have been wrapped 100% and some of the others have been wrapped 65% on leading edges and high contact areas.  IMO it is a wonderful thing. 

Got "cold" here in Florida again.  When it dips under 60...we are freezing...all that thin blood.  😉 

Sooo...time for a huge pot of homemade Chicken Veggie noodle soup.  Mmmm.....😋  Bucky has the wiring in the main bathroom done now, so it's back to drywall patching.  I picked out some paint at Lowe's yesterday.  Will make it all so fresh looking, then hanging those back lit mirrors (with multiple settings on light choices) will make it look much more updated. 

Cabinets that came in look really good, and the new tile we picked out on Wednesday will match it nicely.  I wanted the "in stock, cheaper wood look tile"...but oh no...Bucky had to have the special order wood look imported Italian tile $$.  😉  Bit more of a wait on that...but will look nice.  

Supposed to be in the 30s overnight on Tuesday, and not make it out of the 50s for a high.  Naturally the tourists will be in shorts and swimming in the ocean that day. But we will be dressed for the Klondike.  😄 😄 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Gave these a work out this morning. Even the plastic version you hold in your hand. It’s the one I try to avoid. 

F3E4DA09-D988-4002-B735-4A70A62BC186.thumb.jpeg.ec5299541c4390f8b62390b36aad9704.jpeg

Only 2 1/2 hours away from you and we've barely had dustings here.  The biggest was less than 10cm, not even enough to get the snowblower out.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

My avatar photo is very likely to disappear for a 2021 Shelby GT500.  I have been talking about it since last August but I decided to wait until this year. We were chatting about ordering time frame windows yesterday.  If ordered by late February, delivery should be late April/May just as the weather improves. 

They unfortunately stopped making the lime green colour for the 2021. It was a one year colour. I took a chance that it would still be available.  They do however make my second favourite colour for 2021.

EF3AB742-A179-48ED-88EE-CF7F05685F89.thumb.jpeg.228c1ed4a3d269f3ceb4d98e2e230c54.jpeg

Really nice looking car and the color is pretty.

38°F but dry all day after it rained all last night.

We have had a lazy day watching TV.

Long Island Medium Theresa has just finished.

Pauline has seen some excellent mediums so we enjoy watching Theresa.

We are watching Judge Judy now.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since we are waiting for the fresh "mud" on the drywall to dry...had a chance to take a long walk on our community's nature trail...gorgeous day for it.  Happy hour soon, then it's veggie burgers on the grill, and using my new air fryer for the french fries.  🙂 Love being able to sit outside in our courtyard (where the grill is) this time of the year.  Dry, sunny and cool.  🤗

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only 2 1/2 hours away from you and we've barely had dustings here.  The biggest was less than 10cm, not even enough to get the snowblower out.

We probably got 12” just on Friday. Fluffy and light, so when the wind picks up tomorrow the drifts will form. I’m ready for March weather. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We probably got 12” just on Friday. Fluffy and light, so when the wind picks up tomorrow the drifts will form. I’m ready for March weather. 

I was thinking along the lines of May or June. Thank you for the polar votex you sent our way. Never got above 15f here today and that isn't factoring the wind chill. Now I'm being told 6-8 inches of the white stuff beginning to arrive Monday afternoon.

And to top it all off I should have been spending this past week on Oasis. I guess I need not tell you how that went.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was thinking along the lines of May or June. Thank you for the polar votex you sent our way. Never got above 15f here today and that isn't factoring the wind chill. Now I'm being told 6-8 inches of the white stuff beginning to arrive Monday afternoon.

And to top it all off I should have been spending this past week on Oasis. I guess I need not tell you how that went.

That vortex came from Western Canada.😉 I saw it on the weather network the other day, a double low. It’s quite the front, and I’m not looking forward to it. 

69B65C33-186F-4E44-9836-AA557B590006.jpeg.04bcaa1e9d535f336feac70194b28acd.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, definitely reason to be sad about the Oasis.  We would be getting home this weekend from a b2b2b for western and southern caribbean.  Miss my tan!

Yesterday we had the nasty wind and a high in the teens.  Today little warmer in the 30s, lots of sunshine 

We are to get snow monday too.  Different stations saying anywhere from 3 to 10 inches.  Snowblower ready to launch, if needed.

• Like 2

Since mom is home this winter and not in Sarasota, a first in decades, I put out her bird feeder.  At one point today there were 6 male Cardinals and a few Blue Jays. 

4D67B553-3CDB-46F5-8CB1-BD667FA77C4E.thumb.jpeg.53d57b987e041edcbca30a8309f5fbe4.jpeg

Group shot. 

7FF9185D-3D2B-4ACF-ACDD-68BCF071B0DA.thumb.jpeg.7f16c32220a3b567f5c6f006ebf10843.jpeg

There were some females too. 

E6D5C4C7-F9C8-447E-A263-5910EF7436A3.thumb.jpeg.b9bf71e5cc2cddab27587419fa6fddf8.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Since mom is home this winter and not in Sarasota, a first in decades, I put out her bird feeder.  At one point today there were 6 male Cardinals and a few Blue Jays. 

Group shot. 

There were some females too. 

I love Cardinals. They are just beautiful and striking looking birds.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love Cardinals. They are just beautiful and striking looking birds.

I do too! :classic_biggrin: They are so cool looking and we don't have them here. It would be so neat to have them at our birdfeeder. (without the snow part :classic_wink:) We mostly have fiches, titmouse's, juncos and one woodpecker this time of year. 

• Like 1

Just got back from having my second COVID jab.  Three more weeks to wait and then I will hopefully be invincible.  

We have had such a terrible death toll over the past two months as the virus has ripped through the elderly residential setting it has been awful.  We are all hoping that things will get better.  Non-essential businesses open again tomorrow so nails and lashes can get done.  That will make a lot of people happy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

That vortex came from Western Canada.😉 I saw it on the weather network the other day, a double low. It’s quite the front, and I’m not looking forward to it. 

69B65C33-186F-4E44-9836-AA557B590006.jpeg.04bcaa1e9d535f336feac70194b28acd.jpeg

Andrew, your description of the weather station on your kitchen counter prompted me to do a little research.  I've always wanted a personal weather station and I was blown away by the technology in these things today.  No wires to run at all!

I ended up purchasing a model from Ambient Weather.  Outside unit is solar powered with battery backup.  Inside display shows wind (speed/direction/gusts), rain accumulation, outdoor and indoor (temp and humidity), barometric pressure, UVI and light indexes and phases of the moon.  This model also makes it very easy to share your weather data on the web.  Mine is sharing data to the Ambient Weather site, Weather Underground, PWS Weather and Weathercloud.

Here's a pic of mine after set up:

IMG_5411.thumb.jpeg.cf03a3dad78711b2ece4613ee4b138ff.jpeg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

38°F but dry all day after it rained all last night.

We have had a lazy day watching TV.

Long Island Medium Theresa has just finished.

Pauline has seen some excellent mediums so we enjoy watching Theresa.

We are watching Judge Judy now.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

My wife enjoys the Long Island Medium, and any ghost show that she can find on TV.  She says that the ghost shows now aren't as good as the older ones.  She liked the older version of Ghost Hunters the best.  To put it politely, I'll find something else to do while she watches. 

She also enjoys ghost tours.  We've done them in San Diego (Whaley House), Charleston (Old Jail), Savannah, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Gettysburg, Cincinnati, and York (England).  I'm probably missing one or 2 that weren't memorable.  As a good husband, I do the ghost tours with her and bite my tongue (sometimes really hard) so that I don't say something to spoil the fun.  If you have a good tour guide, they can at least be entertaining and sometimes historical.

• Like 3