Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

No. She wants Harry to be King.

I thought Meghan didn't really want much to do with them since they weren't nice to her because of her race? It's really sad they let her be treated that way. I think her mix is part of her beauty.

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very nice sunset from our backyard last night.  Would have been spectacular if we had just marsh behind us rather than houses.

sunset.thumb.JPG.910644d87afccd617fe17302e7c20a78.JPG

Beautiful colors.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

?????  Why??????

Looks like @CVS33 was ended. 👍

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Boy, those were the days, sailing at reduced capacity was something we will probably never experience again.

I really miss those days and would love to have reduced capacity again, or at least not as full are they now. Unfortunately, it's not in the cruise lines best interest.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Did a trial loading on Sunday of the truck that I am taking to the Concours this weekend. It is a new truck and trailer combo, and the first time the old truck has been on it. It’s a 1972 Ford 4X4 and I’m the second owner.  I know the original family that owned it.  It didn’t start this way though.

6067F0D4-3276-485C-B86C-A6758B66C7D7.thumb.jpeg.fcfdc0837ecb18d92486fbc880735730.jpeg

This is how it looked when I bought it in their farm auction in Western Canada in the fall of 2004.

F5537BFB-06A5-4C74-B65D-78F7CD527969.thumb.jpeg.a2a71489334ce3ad7435f3e877675eb6.jpeg

This is how it was used on their 10,000 acre ranch. Yes, the tractor’s tires are in the air. Tony has passed along as his wife but he saw photos post restoration.  He always rides with me, as his funeral program is in the glove box. 

9E5F8B45-E466-4EA9-9B01-18CD98D0D857.thumb.jpeg.20a2b713c305ddd242ad4946f39df600.jpeg

Very nice restoration and keeping his funeral program is very thoughtful.

Is Concours a car show or a leisure location?

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

How many bowls does it make?

We had 4 bowls, plus froze two 1 qt containers, plus another 1 qt. went into the fridge to have tonight.  

So I would say the recipe makes little over 4 qts in total.

Having a bowl right now, earlier made Chicken Caesar  Salad so  a little hungry right now. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

If you are booked directly with Hilton, they send you an email to update your credit card. :classic_smile:

I normally book directly with Hilton, I have a diamond status and normally pay with Hilton points from credit card, I had some problems in past with dealing with third party but none with. Hilton.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I think you should book another hotel and not stress yourselves further . You haven’t paid yet . Are you planning on showing up at the hotel without getting this resolved first ? Bad idea !   Booking with a discount booking agency is great until there is a problem . 

We already have a new booking with the Hilton Miami Downtown

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you cancel the hilton will you be charged a cancellation fee?

If not, then I would just cancel and book at one of the other suggestions on this thread.   Why start off a wonderful vacation having to argue with front desk mgr at the hilton.

We did not get charged a cancellation fee.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

If you are booked directly with Hilton, they send you an email to update your credit card. :classic_smile:

You would think that would be the case but no they did not. Right now they are blaming each other. Hilton says Booking dot com cancelled it and Booking dot com says Hilton cancelled it. Somebody screwed up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You would think that would be the case but no they did not. Right now they are blaming each other. Hilton says Booking dot com cancelled it and Booking dot com says Hilton cancelled it. Somebody screwed up.

If you read Chris Elliot (travel troubleshooter) 3rd party websites sometimes cause problems. And don't like to take responsibility, even though they are technically your "travel agent" on the booking. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

If you read Chris Elliot (travel troubleshooter) 3rd party websites sometimes cause problems. And don't like to take responsibility, even though they are technically your "travel agent" on the booking. 

We've learned our lesson always now book direct with the hotel.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ozark_Kid & @Jimbo Superb haul from your gardens!  What are your fav dishes using them?  For me it would be in stir fry’s mainly.  Do you stuff or roast them?

Bell Peppers  for me is for stuffing ground beef in them, stir fry's and salads.

Banana Peppers, mostly like them in Scrambled Eggs and Potatoes, or in an Omelet with Vidalia Onions and Mozzarella 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I like stuffed bell peppers with homemade sauce from tomatoes.   Do you?

Not sure if I have tried it.  For lunch I   sauteed them with onions, and put them on a egg, bacon and cheddar sandwich.   I believe awhile ago I have had them stuffed with sausage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ozark_Kid & @Jimbo Superb haul from your gardens!  What are your fav dishes using them?  For me it would be in stir fry’s mainly.  Do you stuff or roast them?

I was growing the Jalapenos mainly for my SIL but now that I've pick 200 I have learned to love Jalapeno poppers.   I sometimes roast the Bell peppers with other veggies,  saute to mix with eggs or put them on pizza.  Until this year I did not know that peppers are in high in vitamin C and other.

I need to look up some recipes on stuffing peppers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well it's always something!! Linda just got notified by email from Booking.com that our hotel reservation in Miami at the Hilton Downtown was cancelled due to invalid credit card number.

Now grant you I called the Hilton last Friday to confirm our reservation and they said it was good. And we have not paid for the room yet anyway. Upon further inspection it appears that Linda gave Booking.com the wrong expiration date on the credit card. She typed in 04/22 back in January when we booked it and the actual date is 04/23.

So our bad but when we go to rebook through Hilton our same room is now $200 higher at over $400 for one night. We asked if we could have the same price and they refused.

Right now Linda is trying to get Booking.com to correct the issue and get us our original room rate. I do not have very much hope. She started to try and find a cheaper hotel but I said stay with Hilton because it's close to the terminal and I have shots of it in my pre cruise video for my review. Sucks that our mistake is costing us big time.

Ugh. I know that feeling. I once made reservations for a flight home that took off before the ship even docked. Cost me an extra $500.

I hope you can get your original price back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I really miss those days and would love to have reduced capacity again, or at least not as full are they now. Unfortunately, it's not in the cruise lines best interest.

Our cruises in Jan and April on Allure had the perfect number of people aboard.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We already have a new booking with the Hilton Miami Downtown

Great!   Happy to hear you booked with another hotel and won't start off your trip frustrated😀

Years ago we had issues with a booking made thru expedia travel site and the hotel not honoring the price of our booking and costing us something like $250 more for a weekend trip.  

After that mess we almost always book direct with hotels except for when I use credit card points and book thru them.

Hilton does have a nice honors program. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Bell Peppers  for me is for stuffing ground beef in them, stir fry's and salads.

Banana Peppers, mostly like them in Scrambled Eggs and Potatoes, or in an Omelet with Vidalia Onions and Mozzarella 

Have you ever pickled your banana peppers?   I have done that in the past and sometimes add a bit of hot peppers for a little kick.   Then we use for cheesesteaks, hoagies, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was growing the Jalapenos mainly for my SIL but now that I've pick 200 I have learned to love Jalapeno poppers.   I sometimes roast the Bell peppers with other veggies,  saute to mix with eggs or put them on pizza.  Until this year I did not know that peppers are in high in vitamin C and other.

I need to look up some recipes on stuffing peppers. 

I also slice up my bell peppers and put into food saver bags then freeze and use for various dishes in the winter like sausage, meatballs with peppers and onions or chop up the peppers and put with hash browns when I make Sunday breakfast.   Also great for shakshuka.   

Great, now I'm hungry😃

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not sure if I have tried it.  For lunch I   sauteed them with onions, and put them on a egg, bacon and cheddar sandwich.   I believe awhile ago I have had them stuffed with sausage. 

My stuff peppers...I parboil the peppers after cutting off stem and gutting them.

I saute onions, brown beef and add my homemade tomato sauce and either white or brown rice.   Then I stuff the peppers with this mixture and add a little sauce over top them put in convection oven for approx. 25 to 30 minutes.  Then put mozzarella cheese on top let that melt.  Then eat😀

They also freeze well.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I need to grow some Banana Peppers next year.  I think I would like them like that.

Very easy to grow, never have had a failed crop in all the years I have planted them. Zucchini are always the first thing to be harvested in my garden followed by Banana Peppers and the Banana Peppers are the last thing to be harvest right up to the first frost. If you can cover them when you know frost is coming you can easily extend the growing season for them too.

You don't need to plant a lot of them either because you will get a lot even from  5 or 6 plants.  Half a dozen plants are plenty to plant.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you ever pickled your banana peppers?   I have done that in the past and sometimes add a bit of hot peppers for a little kick.   Then we use for cheesesteaks, hoagies, etc.

Have never pickled them, we do however freeze some in vacuum sealed plastic bags for use later in the winter and spring.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We had 4 bowls, plus froze two 1 qt containers, plus another 1 qt. went into the fridge to have tonight.  

So I would say the recipe makes little over 4 qts in total.

Having a bowl right now, earlier made Chicken Caesar  Salad so  a little hungry right now. 🙂

4 qts is a bit much but cutting it in half will cut the pasta to only 4 oz.  I think I'll put in less crushed tomatoes and broth.  If it looks like it needs more liquid, I'll add as needed.  I like to idea of using a slow cooker.  I don't know the size, but it seems substantial. I especially love the liners which make clean up so easy.

I can't wait to make this soup.  It's got all the ingredients I will use, except for the tabasco. 😏

Recipe is printed out and ready for my upcoming shopping trip. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

That is very sad, but a very nice tribute to Her Majesty's popularity. I would guess the florists are sad about the reason but also overjoyed. The flowers are lovely. The flowers can be composted, but there really should be another plan for all of that cellophane. It is just a California thing, and a long career looking at flowers. 

Apparently in St James Park they had a tent set up to encourage people to take off the cellophane before placing flowers 

• Like 6