Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Evie doesn't look too happy here, nor too sure about wearing her new hat indoors.

My daughter just ordered a bright pink thundershirt for Lola.  She shakes so hard it feels like her heart's going to come right out of her little body!  We sure hope it works for her the next time we get thunder and/or storms.

Have you asked the vet about Xanax?  I've been using it with Dexter (photo included for reference, because everyone else is posting cute pet photos!) for a decade now, it really helps him calm down. 

I was so mad at myself yesterday when I was at work -- I didn't know we were forecast for a thunderstorm, so I hadn't medicated Dexy before I left, and he was home alone during the storm.  Fortunately the storm only lasted about an hour, but I still felt like a bad mommy.  

IMG_20230626_125716953.thumb.jpg.99df900de7bd46f75d54065e47fe145c.jpg

• Like 16

On 8/15/2023 at 5:20 PM, George C said:

Anything worth getting off the ship at Puerto Costa Maya , going in November and this is one port we haven’t visited yet ?

As @Ozark_Kid said, if you like an uncrowded, relaxing day with your own palapa and a freshly grilled taco buffet with never-ending drinks delivered chairside, poolside, or even out in the water if you're floating in a tube, I highly recommend Maya Chan.  

• Like 5

On 8/15/2023 at 10:16 PM, George C said:

Thanks everyone, I like the idea of hanging around the port area . Might just stay on ship in Roatan and hit our favorite bars and restaurants in Cozumel which we have been to about 20 times . 

This made my snorkel-loving heart sad.... Roatan is one of my favorite stops for all-day snorkeling right off the beach at West Bay!!!!  Twenty bucks for round trip transportation and I can snorkel to my heart's content.

• Like 8

So, the latest job update for me -- I've decided to switch from the Emergency Department to the inpatient part of the hospital.  

I tried to make it work in Emergency, but I just can't turn off the part of my personality that takes the time to talk with my patient and establish a rapport with them before I start stabbing them with needles and taking their blood, etc.  And in the Emergency Department, it's all about "treat 'em and street 'em" -- there's no time to take the time to get to know your patient or set them at ease.  

I oriented on the inpatient unit this week on day shift, and I go to night shift (where I belong!!!!) next week.  I'll likely be off orientation by the end of my second week (compared to 90+ days of orientation in Emergency)... this is just a better fit for my nursing skillset.  I'm very happy with the move!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:35 AM, h20skibum said:

@harryfat1 Harry, love your pictures, as always.  I am watching for your review on the main boards.  It looks like a birthday was being celebrated on your cruise.

Hi, I just posted the first few introductory thoughts on the main board.

Here is the link: 

Everyone please free to drop by and say hi and talk about cruise ship toilet papers...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

On 8/16/2023 at 2:06 AM, jagsfan said:

@Luckynana I hope you’re having/had a wonderful birthday. We only get one a year, so they should be great ones!

@grapau27 If you lived in a US neighborhood, your garden would have a permanent “Yard of the month” sign. 
it is a pleasure to look at. 

Thank you Mimi that is nice of you to say.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the photos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

This made my snorkel-loving heart sad.... Roatan is one of my favorite stops for all-day snorkeling right off the beach at West Bay!!!!  Twenty bucks for round trip transportation and I can snorkel to my heart's content.

I don’t snorkel and can not swim love to spend time on the ship when it’s not that crowded, wife may override this decision. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I don’t snorkel and can not swim love to spend time on the ship when it’s not that crowded, wife may override this decision. 

I don't snorkel either, but that 100 Shades of Blue water is just too gorgeous. Try Infinity Bay, stay in their pool and just stare at the water. It is very relaxing.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Some might remember pics I posted a couple years ago of a chest of drawers I built.  After building it I decided to modify the plans and build a TV stand.

While on the Hawaii cruise I mentioned to one of our friends that I started a TV stand and had never finished it. When we got back home he asked to finish it for us.  Today he delivered it! So nice.  He did a great job! 

20230818_210911.thumb.jpg.5ce7173e616d4348bf3bea369fb0ab78.jpg

That looks really nice!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

As @Ozark_Kid said, if you like an uncrowded, relaxing day with your own palapa and a freshly grilled taco buffet with never-ending drinks delivered chairside, poolside, or even out in the water if you're floating in a tube, I highly recommend Maya Chan.  

The never ending drink part caught my attention....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2