Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

Jim got to do one of things he has wanted to do for a while today, fun, hot, glad we did it.

20230816_134631.thumb.jpg.9c58b6e2b46265e2ceb72ed39a5426c7.jpg

From inside the main stadium

20230816_151525.thumb.jpg.0536732d87bf1ed1f3dd23642e82022d.jpg

20230816_151545.thumb.jpg.b1fbd8df653c18f6192d1dcbffc5d9b3.jpg

Back towards stadium from the hill

20230816_161143.thumb.jpg.42f89f9bcd9053c15718d2b9509c30ab.jpg

This little guy was having a blast sliding down the muddy hill.  Fun watching all the kids, both on and around the field.

20230816_161059.thumb.jpg.02270d4610c39f6031c90f5161df5537.jpg

Nice photos.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, aussie!  I did!  

??? I am at a loss in trying to figure out how, or why, there is such a thing as a hog oiler🤔

I do apologize, but I am from up North..lol!

They are for farmers to fill the tank with oil and chemicals to kill parasites on hogs.  The wheels turn when the hog rubs against it dispersing the oil and chemical on the hog.  There are various designs and we have 2.  They started out rusty and dirty.  My husband cleaned them up and painted them.  At one tractor show there was a gentleman with a whole trailer full of restored ones for display.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Keksie said:

Back in the day on the farm when you had pigs you would fill it with oil and a chemical to kill lice.  The wheels are partly in the well with the chemical/oil mixture.  The pigs would rub against the wheels and get de-liced.  Of course they were not painted or clean.  There are a lot of different styles and we have 2 different ones.  My husband worked for awhile cleaning and painting them.  

Learnt something new. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday was our Unbirthday celebration for our grandson from California.  He will turn 11, a week from Friday, but he will be back in California by then.  

Our party size grew at the last minute, when my sister said her kids were going to be in town with their kids, so we added five more to our list and went to buy more steak and chicken.  That was one of my tasks, to grill all the meat.  

This was a first to grill for that many people.  Filled the grill twice to get it all cooked, but everything turned out perfect. 

IMG_8683.thumb.jpeg.85887f07b7d37df85f288ebfc943efb3.jpeg

I think I mentioned that this year’s theme would be Harry Potter.    I understand they do have Harry Potter bounce houses, but none are available for rent in our area, so we had a regular one. 

IMG_8664.thumb.jpeg.feebbe3025224b6ca013bdf94fe1941d.jpeg

The kids all had a blast on it. 

IMG_8670.thumb.jpeg.bb1cf943dd81930182a29d01b6f2816d.jpeg

We had a talking, sorting hat.  Our granddaughter had fun with it, finding everyone’s house. 

What would the party be without butter beer

IMG_8628.thumb.jpeg.73b9d0b541ee0f7d30f71fd62f622c6b.jpeg

And fishy green ale

IMG_8671.thumb.jpeg.bd4651b267feba0ab37127e5a6096a42.jpeg

We had our favorite bakery make some Potter cookies for the party

IMG_8681.thumb.jpeg.36aea8cc5265d4950ca352f175b013eb.jpeg

And our cake lady made a nice Potter theme cake. 

IMG_8680.thumb.jpeg.6795136805aec6ad313b5067c8955e31.jpeg

And finally, we had an Owlery, and all the kids at the party got to adopt an owl to take home.  

IMG_8675.thumb.jpeg.5614a57d4fc5f1c841da4ee65afffe7d.jpeg

I will say, even I still enjoy bouncing and sliding, and hope I never get too old for it. 

IMG_8674.thumb.jpeg.0c05b4f1f0abf86c1c2ef95eed431c35.jpeg

Susan did a fantastic job with all the other food prep for the party.  I think I will keep her around.  Sorry Tracy. 🤣

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I grew up on a dairy farm in Pa. Like a lot of farms, we also raised pigs.  We must have never had a problem requiring them, this is the first I have ever heard of them. There were worms that the pigs could get, which is why you always cooked the pork well done to eliminate the problem.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

Hopefully, it won’t be as bad for your second knee operation.  Now that my hubby has his knees taken care of he needs cataract surgery. 

He watched videos of knee replacement surgeries before he went under the knife . 

I tried to watch one of those videos but stopped as it was too gruesome 😜 Good luck with his cataract surgery.

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was our Unbirthday celebration for our grandson from California.  He will turn 11, a week from Friday, but he will be back in California by then.  

Our party size grew at the last minute, when my sister said her kids were going to be in town with their kids, so we added five more to our list and went to buy more steak and chicken.  That was one of my tasks, to grill all the meat.  

This was a first to grill for that many people.  Filled the grill twice to get it all cooked, but everything turned out perfect. 

IMG_8683.thumb.jpeg.85887f07b7d37df85f288ebfc943efb3.jpeg

I think I mentioned that this year’s theme would be Harry Potter.    I understand they do have Harry Potter bounce houses, but none are available for rent in our area, so we had a regular one. 

IMG_8664.thumb.jpeg.feebbe3025224b6ca013bdf94fe1941d.jpeg

The kids all had a blast on it. 

We had a talking, sorting hat.  Our granddaughter had fun with it, finding everyone’s house. 

What would the party be without butter beer

IMG_8628.thumb.jpeg.73b9d0b541ee0f7d30f71fd62f622c6b.jpeg

And fishy green ale

IMG_8671.thumb.jpeg.bd4651b267feba0ab37127e5a6096a42.jpeg

We had our favorite bakery make some Potter cookies for the party

IMG_8681.thumb.jpeg.36aea8cc5265d4950ca352f175b013eb.jpeg

And our cake lady made a nice Potter theme cake. 

IMG_8680.thumb.jpeg.6795136805aec6ad313b5067c8955e31.jpeg

And finally, we had an Owlery, and all the kids at the party got to adopt an owl to take home.  

IMG_8675.thumb.jpeg.5614a57d4fc5f1c841da4ee65afffe7d.jpeg

I will say, even I still enjoy bouncing and sliding, and hope I never get too old for it. 

IMG_8674.thumb.jpeg.0c05b4f1f0abf86c1c2ef95eed431c35.jpeg

Susan did a fantastic job with all the other food prep for the party.  I think I will keep her around.  Sorry Tracy. 🤣

Looks like fantastic celebration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum

+ 1 Mark, and lucky, nowadays, with the weather 👍

Pity about Tracy, though....😉

Our forecast had called for sunny skies, but the bounce house was delivered the night before, and it rained overnight and in the early morning.  We had to dry everything off, but weather was perfect by party time.  

The next few days will be very nice in our area. 

IMG_8708.thumb.jpeg.4b0c54fad5261efd1925bd6020e1c716.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Also some more good news to share. After having my Jost Van Dyke excursion cancelled by the vendor. Myself and CC Friends of Bella members @jmh2006, @Momof3gurlz and @Husky1987 are joining together to charter a boat to take us White Bay and Jost Van Dyke for a fun excursion. Just got the confirmation booking so I hope to go into a lot of detail on my review about this one. Stay tuned. 

So glad you will still get to see JVD!! Hope your knee will feel much better in a couple of days, too.

• Like 2

Just now, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So glad you will still get to see JVD!! Hope your knee will feel much better in a couple of days, too.

I am so excited. Ended up offsetting the increased cost of the charter boat today with a sale with our Southwest Airlines tickets. The reduced fare saved us $500. Woot woot!

The knee is rebelling today after the injection. So sore and painful I can barely walk. Research shows this is common for the first 48 hours. Took a hydrocodone last night and it did nothing for the pain.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am so excited. Ended up offsetting the increased cost of the charter boat today with a sale with our Southwest Airlines tickets. The reduced fare saved us $500. Woot woot!

The knee is rebelling today after the injection. So sore and painful I can barely walk. Research shows this is common for the first 48 hours. Took a hydrocodone last night and it did nothing for the pain.

Glad to see your visit to JVD is working out ok.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My GI guy scheduled me into out patient surgery to put the PEG tube in. That is a feeding tube to the stomach in case the cancer enlarges during treatment preventing swallowing of food.

After the surgery, it was kind of painful, and he came into recovery and said he was going to admit me  for the night.  He asked if it hurt, I said yes.  The pain med of choice in this situation ( I still had an IV) was Morphine. I don't know what is so great about that stuff. It still hurt. Of coarse I have no idea what it feel like if they hadn't given it to me. I had had Morphine once before, when I was in the ambulance on the way to the ER with my broken ribs, I had the same opinion.

During recovery from the ribs, I had Percocet , and that really helped. Only problem was, he prescribed the max number that he thought he could get away with. See, we were scheduled on the repo cruise on Explorer from Bayonne to PC, which of course meant we had to go to the ABC  for the PVSA, a 2 week cruise.

That injury had also resulted in a punctured lung, so I had had a chest tube in the hospital, and there was a stitch involved when it was removed. that had become infected, so the ship Dr, gave us antibiotics to deal with that, so when we went back and told him i had run out of pain meds, he gave us enough for the rest of the cruise. 

That was enough,  I did not need anymore after that. 

At the end of my hospital stay, I told the Dr's my travel plans, and they not only blessed them, but gave us their personal cell phone numbers with instructions to have the ship call at any time if there was a problem. Never used that number. And that turned out to be an interesting cruise, getting hit by a roque wave early on , that took out one of the promenade doors, and shut down the aft elevators for a time. 

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 15

26 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

My GI guy scheduled me into out patient surgery to put the PEG tube in. That is a feeding tube to the stomach in case the cancer enlarges during treatment preventing swallowing of food.

After the surgery, it was kind of painful, and he came into recovery and said he was going to admit me  for the night.  He asked if it hurt, I said yes.  The pain med of choice in this situation ( I still had an IV) was Morphine. I don't know what is so great about that stuff. It still hurt. Of coarse I have no idea what it feel like if they hadn't given it to me. I had had Morphine once before, when I was in the ambulance on the way to the ER with my broken ribs, I had the same opinion.

During recovery from the ribs, I had Percocet , and that really helped. Only problem was, he prescribed the max number that he thought he could get away with. See, we were scheduled on the repo cruise on Explorer from Bayonne to PC, which of course meant we had to go to the ABC  for the PVSA, a 2 week cruise.

That injury had also resulted in a punctured lung, so I had had a chest tube in the hospital, and there was a stitch involved when it was removed. that had become infected, so the ship Dr, gave us antibiotics to deal with that, so when we went back and told him i had run out of pain meds, he gave us enough for the rest of the cruise. 

That was enough,  I did not need anymore after that. 

At the end of my hospital stay, I told the Dr's my travel plans, and they not only blessed them, but gave us their personal cell phone numbers with instructions to have the ship call at any time if there was a problem. Never used that number. And that turned out to be an interesting cruise, getting hit by a roque wave early on , that took out one of the promenade doors, and shut down the aft elevators for a time. 

Thanks for the update. I would do whatever pain med gives you relief. I've had them all. Great that your doctors have been so accommodating. When I had my knee replacement I had morphine and a bunch of other drugs. The only thing it did was make me so drowsy I went to sleep but did not do a lot for pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for the update. I would do whatever pain med gives you relief. I've had them all. Great that your doctors have been so accommodating. When I had my knee replacement I had morphine and a bunch of other drugs. The only thing it did was make me so drowsy I went to sleep but did not do a lot for pain.

I suspect the ambulance had prepared syringes of morphine of fairly small quantities, just for the trip, which for my was just a couple of miles. Not enough to make it a worthwhile target for someone to try to steal. I was surprised that the paramedic said that was what they were giving me. I don't know what they gave me in the ICU.  I know that they would wake me every couple of hours for vital signs, but towards the end of my stay, he admitted that I was finally sleeping so well, ne skipped the tests. Cf course, that was after they realized I had a punctured lung, and had to have 2 units of blood.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

This is awesome. 

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hopefully over the day it will improve. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

IMG_4224.thumb.jpeg.2c718e9e9deb8fc8ef2ff0e72aacb7c5.jpegNice day for a round of golf.  We always support and play in the annual Association of Women in the Metal Industries tournament to help raise $$$ for them.  

Wow beautiful course.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You are quite the entertainer, Mark.  What a great party you've thrown to celebrate Lucas' Birthday!  The kids, as usual, have been having a wonderful time.  They all are adorable, but I must say, your granddaughter is gorgeous!

Well done!!

• Like 5

For some reason I have been having vivid dreams this week.   A post here influenced last nights  dream.

I dreamt that we had a hole in our fence and the pigs from our neighbour’s property wandered over and they were eating their food at the same time as Max was eating his.

And no, our neighbour definitely does not have pigs.  But I did learn about a hog oiler this week courtesy of Keksie.

Hoping tonight I dream of Harry Potter’s owls courtesy of @h20skibum fabulous birthday party photos.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Just now, aussielozzie18 said:

Speaking of pain meds, last night I watched several episodes of Painkiller - a drama series on Netflix about OxyContin.

@Sea Dog hope you start to feel the positive effects of the injection asap.

Thank you! I want to watch that series. When I had my first knee replacement I was very concerned about getting hooked on pain meds. I was relieved in that I felt like I wanted to get off pain meds more than stay on them. I did not like the drugged out feeling they gave me. I would almost want to deal with more pain than feel out of it. I like control of my senses.

• Like 10