Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for your input. I am figuring 45 minutes to return. They say the walk from the marina to the ship 3-5 minutes. I am a cautious person so I imagine we will be ready to leave white bay at 1pm.

I can already see a few Painkillers being purchased at 12:55, including mine!!!!

• Like 3

We had a TA TPA to AMS in 2019.  I detail I forgot the AMS was below sea level and we would have to got through a lock to enter the harbor. Only after we had docked did I realized what I had missed.  Sometimes you sleep through the best parts. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This may be of interest to someone. A friend of mine has 2 tickets for the Final on Sunday ️. He paid £300 each but he didn't realise when he bought them months ago that it was going to be the same day as his wedding! If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place!! It's at Burnley Registry Office, at 4pm. The bride's name is Tracy

Keeping my options open.  Please send photo of Tracy.  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

This may be of interest to someone. A friend of mine has 2 tickets for the Final on Sunday ️. He paid £300 each but he didn't realise when he bought them months ago that it was going to be the same day as his wedding! If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place!! It's at Burnley Registry Office, at 4pm. The bride's name is Tracy

I confess it took me a few secs.... 😉

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Keeping my options open.  Please send photo of Tracy.  🤣🤣🤣

Good thing Susan's isn't into CC....

• Haha 8

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I confess it took me a few secs.... 😉

Good thing Susan's isn't into CC....

That was a good  clue, but I had to ask anyway. I had just returned from chemo (830 am to 1PM) , and left 1/2 hr early for radiation , the afternoon thunderstorms were brewing. Made it without getting wet, and they had passed by the time I was done. I was luck, those storms can move real slow and dump a couple of inches of rain. Not today. You never know.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 18

5 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

That was a good  clue, but I had to ask anyway. I had just returned from chemo (830 am to 1PM) , and left 1/2 hr early for radiation , the afternoon thunderstorms were brewing. Made it without getting wet, and they had passed by the time I was done. I was luck, those storms can move real slow and dump a couple of inches of rain. Not today. You never know.

I hope everything went well today for you.

prayer-for.gif

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

https://www.portofamsterdam.com/en/discover/experience-port/webcam-amsterdam

It's acting weird.   Not stable getting it on my phone.   It is working fine on my MacBook Pro.   

Screenshot_20230816_090509_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8d92888df825776f726e3e2bfbc72794.jpg

Photos from the Mac are better too.

Screenshot2023-08-16at10_10_44AM.thumb.png.7d742284631356cb82811f5dcc75b122.png

Guess I missed it..............Here is schedules for the next arrivals and departures.

https://cruisedig.com/ports/amsterdam-holland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

So is this week 2? Wishing you all the best and thinking of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:49 AM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks! He got his cast yesterday. Today, we will start figuring out how to adapt so he can still play his French horn and participate in athletics. We’ve been in contact with his teachers.

All this for a pinky. ☹️IMG_7684.thumb.jpeg.6b324118cb654678e05c6eadf5a3da00.jpeg

I hope Andrew gets through this as quickly and as best as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope everything went well today for you.

prayer-for.gif

Thanks. So far, so good.  And I have lots of support, both from my friends here on CC and our local medical community here in Palm Beach Gardens.

And I have to add cruising friends we have met on past cruises who we stay in touch with.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Thanks. So far, so good.  And I have lots of support, both from my friends here on CC and our local medical community here in Palm Beach Gardens.

And I have to add cruising friends we have met on past cruises who we stay in touch with.

Good to hear that things are going well so far.  I hope it continues that way.  Did you get a port put in for the infusions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess I missed it..............Here is schedules for the next arrivals and departures.

https://cruisedig.com/ports/amsterdam-holland

When I saw @ReneeFLL post they were going through the locks it was several minutes after the post so I looked up the location of Jewel on cruisemapper dot com.  I then saw that they were out to sea and tried to find a webcam.  I used one from Ijmuiden.

If Gangwaze is correct they will be at Sea tomorrow and at Inverness Scotland Friday.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good to hear that things are going well so far.  I hope it continues that way.  Did you get a port put in for the infusions?

No the infusions are only once a week, so they decided to start a new IV each time. 

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Okay I will bite, what is a hog oiler and what does it do? Is it for the cats?

Back in the day on the farm when you had pigs you would fill it with oil and a chemical to kill lice.  The wheels are partly in the well with the chemical/oil mixture.  The pigs would rub against the wheels and get de-liced.  Of course they were not painted or clean.  There are a lot of different styles and we have 2 different ones.  My husband worked for awhile cleaning and painting them.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5