Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

If Leonard sees a closed door within the house, he let it be known he's displeased.  Either by trying to push the door open or by meowing until someone opens it for him.  Often time, he'll just peak in and then move on so it's not that he wants to go into that room, he just wants the option to maybe go into that room sometime in the future.

Same thing in my house with three cats.   My problem is the closet door for the walk in closet in the Master bedroom.   I like to keep it closed so they don't sleep on clothes and get hair on everything. 

1 of our 3 cats (Eva) knows how to open doors but rarely shows her Brothers.  Its odd as she knows how to open the door from the outside but she doesn't try to open it when she gets shut in there by mistake.   Instead she just sits there meowing while the paw comes sliding out the bottom door gap

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

He is so hard to get a picture of.  He is completely black and my floors are dark.  When he is asleep and his eyes are closed it shows as just a black blob.  Here is an ok picture of him awake and at warp speed.  

Coal2.thumb.jpeg.fd923d09828968e7e7ea1cdf24eddd5c.jpeg

Have the same issue with Max.  He sleeps outside on the deck.  The only way we can see where he is without the light on, is when he moves his blanky around.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

We have been so very busy at work these past couple of weeks then add on the fact we have various staff on vacation every week makes it even crazier.    

I don't even what to think about the fact our fiscal year ends on 8/31.    I cannot wait till we board Serenade for 12 nights in September.    This will be our first official cruise with no laptops to work remotely.     Yippee!!!     I will periodically check my work emails on my phone but that's nothing compared to actually working.

• Like 13

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my injection today. Just got back and I'm very sore. They ended up poking me with 3 needles. One for deadening, hurt a little, one for taking fluid off my knee a longer needle that hurt more  ( they got 8ml of fluid out)  and then finally the hylauronic acid ""Monovisc" which really hurt as he got that needle deep into the joint. It will take a few days to a week for it to take affect.

Let's hope this get's me through my Adventure cruise so I can have a great time because a week after I get back I go under the knife for total knee replacement and then it will be a year of rehab, pain and struggle but I am determined and look forward to cruises in April and next October.

Cheers!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Also some more good news to share. After having my Jost Van Dyke excursion cancelled by the vendor. Myself and CC Friends of Bella members @jmh2006, @Momof3gurlz and @Husky1987 are joining together to charter a boat to take us White Bay and Jost Van Dyke for a fun excursion. Just got the confirmation booking so I hope to go into a lot of detail on my review about this one. Stay tuned. 

• Like 31

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my injection today. Just got back and I'm very sore. They ended up poking me with 3 needles. One for deadening, hurt a little, one for taking fluid off my knee a longer needle that hurt more  ( they got 8ml of fluid out)  and then finally the hylauronic acid ""Monovisc" which really hurt as he got that needle deep into the joint. It will take a few days to a week for it to take affect.

Let's hope this get's me through my Adventure cruise so I can have a great time because a week after I get back I go under the knife for total knee replacement and then it will be a year of rehab, pain and struggle but I am determined and look forward to cruises in April and next October.

Cheers!

3 needles - OUCH!!!     Fingers and toes crossed you have relief in the coming days.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Luckynana Hope you had a lovely birthday

Thank you, aussie!  I did!  

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

For those that are curious behind Coal is a hog oiler.  

??? I am at a loss in trying to figure out how, or why, there is such a thing as a hog oiler🤔

I do apologize, but I am from up North..lol!

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am do alright.  I know I am slowly getting weaker.  Last week was hard pace for me.  I had several family members that wanted to spend time with me.  About midweek I would take a nap and it helped.

I got in a good workout at the PT today.  It was my 1st workout day there.  I think I may of mentioned it, before we left for Lakeside I made my 1st visit to this PT.  After the evaluation I was leaving and the PT said, Have a great trip! 😆 I stopped and replied,  really, my new PT wants me to have a good trip?  Later I told my girls and they said, see ya next fall!  😆 

During the evaluation the PT tested my grip strength.   My right was 40, left 75.  I  am guessing top is 100.  Nevertheless it's apparent that my left is almost twice as stronge.

I feel like I am already recovered from last week's trip.  Much faster than when we got back from Hawaii.   I am curious how the 5 day cruise in October will go.  I think much better. 

I am in the process of getting a 3rd ALS medicine approved.  Insurance likes to slow it all down.  

Thanks for checking. 

Thanks. I hope the medicine gets approved rapidly. One day at a time, good idea taking naps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Sea Dog

WOW. This should help you get relief for awhile. 
@mo&fran I am sure many are giving you tons of helpful hints an if I may add mine. 
Try to stay hydrated as best you can. Pedialyte Gatorade Gingerale. What ever  hits the spot. 

One day I will catch up and really read the last 150 pages. 
Hopefully soon. 

To all take care. 

Sue 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am just so overwhelmed by what the people of Maui are going through. 
 Currently watching the news conference on a major news channel. Every speaker is so kind and their statements share the impact on so many ways to all survivors. 

Such a massive destruction. 

Somehow I just noticed the misspelling of the word.    
   “ WILDIRES” in the story line. 
I only focused on it when I had to regroup my thoughts and compose myself. 

Yes it is WILDFIRES. 

And the spelling means nothing 

But. To me I was able to realize the impact has affected all in so many ways. 

God bless this news station for broadcasting this tragedy so  professionally. 

We all have personal battles. 

I can only pray for healing. As well as massive assistance. 

IMG_1847.thumb.jpeg.5aef2e53908df033c2f02a57309e732f.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers!

It’s so hard not to at least whimper when they stick that needle in and move it around!You can’t just lie back and think of England!

You’ll get through it, though. 
Determination will keep you going!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

The first date I picked for our wedding was a date in mid May.  My father said he was sure it would be a lovely event and to take lots of pictures; he’d be at The Masters.  I changed the date…

We got married the end of October, who would have guessed it would be game 7 of the world series that day.  Thankfully where we had the reception they had abar with tvs, many wandered back and forth all night.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Jim got to do one of things he has wanted to do for a while today, fun, hot, glad we did it.

20230816_134631.thumb.jpg.9c58b6e2b46265e2ceb72ed39a5426c7.jpg

From inside the main stadium

20230816_151525.thumb.jpg.0536732d87bf1ed1f3dd23642e82022d.jpg

20230816_151545.thumb.jpg.b1fbd8df653c18f6192d1dcbffc5d9b3.jpg

Back towards stadium from the hill

20230816_161143.thumb.jpg.42f89f9bcd9053c15718d2b9509c30ab.jpg

This little guy was having a blast sliding down the muddy hill.  Fun watching all the kids, both on and around the field.

20230816_161059.thumb.jpg.02270d4610c39f6031c90f5161df5537.jpg

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Jim got to do one of things he has wanted to do for a while today, fun, hot, glad we did it.

This little guy was having a blast sliding down the muddy hill.  Fun watching all the kids, both on and around the field.

Was this the Little League World Series at Williamsport??

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Will you be there Sunday Night, Philadelphia Phillies are playing the Washington Nationals there in Williamsport.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Will you be there Sunday Night, Philadelphia Phillies are playing the Washington Nationals there in Williamsport.

No unfortunately,  this is about 2 hrs from our home in the Poconos, will be heading back south.  Took the opportunity to go while we could.  Its a small town in the middle of corn fields, lots of traffic coming in as we left, can't imagine how crowded it would be then, or for the final of the little league games.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Cheers!

Hopefully, it won’t be as bad for your second knee operation.  Now that my hubby has his knees taken care of he needs cataract surgery. 

He watched videos of knee replacement surgeries before he went under the knife . 

• Like 1