Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Time for everyone to get a bike.   Its always nice to see how bike friendly Amsterdam and other European cities are these days.

Has anyone watched "Ted Lasso" on Apple TV?  Great series, with only 3 Seasons (wish it wasn't over).  Anyway, one of the episodes took place in Amsterdam, which included characters on bikes.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Has anyone watched "Ted Lasso" on Apple TV?  Great series, with only 3 Seasons (wish it wasn't over).  Anyway, one of the episodes took place in Amsterdam, which included characters on bikes.  

I watched the first couple of episodes because it was free, need to get Apple since it doesn’t look like regular tv will have new episodes for a while because of the strike. We just finished Mrs Maisel which had 5 seasons and was fantastic on Amazon prime.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you so much. I did hear back from one company here is there reply. This may work out for us.

"We specialize in private charters with personalized service catering to guests that are looking for an amazing adventure out on the water and we would be happy to offer you a private charter to explore the BVI. The Captain will be with you the entire time and will give you a guided and personalized tour of your chosen destinations and the duration of our charters are 6 hours. We have a few options depending on the size of your group and budget ranging from a 23’ powerboat for up to 6 guests plus captain for $950, 28’ Cobia for up to 9 guests plus capt for $1,250, to our flagship 37’ Axopar for up to 11 guests for $1,750 , included in the price is the boat, capt, cruising permit fees, light refreshments, snorkel gear and cost of fuel. 

On board we provide VIP service and serve complementary water, soda and beer. We also have boarding ladders and freshwater shower for your convenience and all of the snorkel gear necessary. 

If you would like to reserve your charter please complete the attached booking form with credit card authorization and return to me.

If you choose to pay by credit card we would process your card 72 hours prior to your charter.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards,"

0?ui=2&ik=d38976de08&attid=0.0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1774324250755215074&th=189faa815aa02ee2&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ83CKXRRCqFTdyC3khuZQ2wX89D067jOpJkOgRzYD6j-v6CM7QkWbQpwD_aAI_SAAknYa2Td1wbghy1JuownqaMm5Gyuqa3PFlJTEiYPaJ7mNzgwAoVO0J85m0&disp=emb
Michelle 

Island Time Power Boat Rentals and Charters
Power Boat Rentals | Car Rental | Water Taxi | Adventure Tours
Nanny Cay Marina, Tortola, BVI

Mobile: 1 284-346-0356

Web: www.islandtimeltd.com

Email: reservations@islandtimeltd.com

That excursion is still listed online with a note that it is currently unavailable but they are working on it. If that actually means anything.  Same message for both my cruises that goes there. Given my current treatment, that excursion might be a bit too much sun exposure.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Some suggestions on this thread.

Thanks I saw that.

59 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That sounds like a good alternative.  Spread across several couples, it's not much more than the Royal excursion and ideally, will give you more time at JVD since you won't need to wait on others in the excursion.  I hope it works out for you!  

If my memory is correct, I think Andrew @A&L_Ont did a private excursion not too long ago.  Hopefully he'll jump in with the name of the company that he used.  

I made notes of it and that charter was out of St. Thomas.

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

That excursion is still listed online with a note that it is currently unavailable but they are working on it. If that actually means anything.  Same message for both my cruises that goes there. Given my current treatment, that excursion might be a bit too much sun exposure.

Yes agreed Fran. Better to be safe my friend.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Maryann.I do not know when her classes begin but she will be living off campus with 3 other girls and they are all arriving this week to get the house ready..Are they all in different colleges ? 

Lenny, our grandson is going into his Junior year at Villanova.  He will be living off-campus this year.  One of our granddaughters will be going to University of Maryland as a Freshman, and our other granddaughter will be starting her Freshman year at University of Rhode Island.  She is a surfer, and just asked our daughter if there'd be room in the truck to take her surfboard with her when she arrives on Campus.😊

16 hours ago, NHProud said:

@Luckynana Maryann , it’s Tuesday so it must be your BIG birthday !  Happiest of birthdays to you and keep on celebrating 🎂.  

Thank you son much, Judy!!

14 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Maryann @Luckynana Wishing you a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!  💐 🎂 🎈 🎉 🍹 I hope it’s a fantastic one!

From one Leo to another.  Thank you, Helen!  Bon Voyage(s) to you and Marty.  Enjoy!!!!!

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday Maryann @Luckynana

happy-birthday-maryann-gif.gif

Thank you, Graham!  Your garden pictures are more than lovely.  They are gorgeous!

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@Luckynana Happiest of Birthdays wished to you Maryann! I hope your celebration of you is a greAt one!

Thank you, Greg!  How is Linda doing with her wrist?

9 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@LuckynanaHappy, happy birthday Maryann!!!  Have the best day ever and a blessed year ahead (especially when I see you in March '24)!🎂🍹

Thank you so much, Jennifer!

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Luckynana Maryann, happy birthday to you today. 

Thank you, Mark!  Have a great week with your grandchildren!  How is Susan doing?

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

@Luckynana Happy birthday!!

Thank you, Bethany!  Poor Andrew, he looks so sad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions on a charter to JVD and White Bay. Good new! I have sent in a booking form to Chillout Charters for a charter that will pick us up close to the cruise terminal and take us over to Jost Van Dyke, stay with us and bring us back by 2pm for a 3pm all aboard. The cost is obviously more expensive than the Royal excursion but split between 4 couples should be fine. Hoping everything goes smoothly as I usually don't book third party excursions but this had great reviews and they were close to the cruise ship.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Doing pretty good. She see's the doctor later this week and will get her brace shortened. She has had a little pain but not bad. Her wrist is better than my knee that's for sure. Getting it injected tomorrow so hopefully that will get me through the cruise in October.

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions on a charter to JVD and White Bay. Good new! I have sent in a booking form to Chillout Charters for a charter that will pick us up close to the cruise terminal and take us over to Jost Van Dyke, stay with us and bring us back by 2pm for a 3pm all aboard. The cost is obviously more expensive than the Royal excursion but split between 4 couples should be fine. Hoping everything goes smoothly as I usually don't book third party excursions but this had great reviews and they were close to the cruise ship.

Too bad you have such an early departure. Would be nice if you could stay later.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Lenny, our grandson is going into his Junior year at Villanova.  He will be living off-campus this year.  One of our granddaughters will be going to University of Maryland as a Freshman, and our other granddaughter will be starting her Freshman year at University of Rhode Island.  She is a surfer, and just asked our daughter if there'd be room in the truck to take her surfboard with her when she arrives on Campus.😊

Thank you son much, Judy!!

From one Leo to another.  Thank you, Helen!  Bon Voyage(s) to you and Marty.  Enjoy!!!!!

Thank you, Graham!  Your garden pictures are more than lovely.  They are gorgeous!

Thank you so much, Jennifer!

Thank you, Mark!  Have a great week with your grandchildren!  How is Susan doing?

Thank you, Bethany!  Poor Andrew, he looks so sad.

Thank you Maryann.

I hope you are having a fantastic birthday.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Luckynana Maryanne have a very wonderful birthday!🥰

Thank you, Arzeena!😍

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Luckynana  Maryann, happy birthday!! Today is your day. I hope you celebrate in style.  

Expanding on Van Gogh:  My daughter grew up with a copy of Girl With Watering Can hanging in her bedroom.  Both are blond cuties!

A Girl with a Watering Can - Wikipedia

Thank you, Bonnie!🥰

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Luckynana Wishing you the happiest of birthdays Maryann!!

Thank you, Deb!  Enjoy the Polynesian!

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

She looks good, and she still has a few more cycles of oral chemo to go, as long as her numbers permit.  They have been off. 

It is good that she is back to teaching full time.  It keeps her occupied. 

I didn't realize your daughter is a teacher!  It's good to hear that she is feeling better and able to return to work.🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Anything worth getting off the ship at Puerto Costa Maya , going in November and this is one port we haven’t visited yet ?

We were there last January on the Allure.  We met @brillohead Debbi on this cruise who ended up being a personal guide!  She took us to Maya Chan Beach.   It has high reviews on TripAdvisor.   I am sure Debbi will give you details.   We really enjoyed it.  The cost included food, drinks and a reserved area to hang out.  

With it now harder for me to get around I am not sure what we will do when we are there in October. 

I bet you would enjoy Maya Chan Beach. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

The wedding shawl is being blocked.  Check one thing off my list.  I will post a glamour shot when it is dry. It has silver lined clear beads that don't show up in the picture but make the shawl sparkle.

Weddingshawl.thumb.jpeg.cac193d68eb7829158cef2e9908a3411.jpeg

Beautiful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 66°F and sunny here.

The rain we had for 24 hours finally stopped at 06.00am.

At least the rain was good for the garden.

IMG_20230815_113420.jpg

Graham @grapau27, your garden is gorgeous.  Do you do your own gardening or do you have a gardener?  I love the gladiolus.  Looks like they will open soon.

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Keksie @FromSea2ShiningSea  I'm thinking for the 2 of us and share.

PORK GYOZA DUMPLING

SHRIMP FIRECRACKER SPRING ROLL

SPICY CRISPY SHRIMP ROLL

CHAMPAGNE LOBSTER ROLL

TRUFFLED CREAMY LOBSTER TEMPURA ROLL*

YAKI UDON (Beef)

Good choice!  I hope the chef does a good job for you.  What will you choose for dessert?

9 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks! He got his cast yesterday. Today, we will start figuring out how to adapt so he can still play his French horn and participate in athletics. We’ve been in contact with his teachers.

All this for a pinky. ☹️IMG_7684.thumb.jpeg.6b324118cb654678e05c6eadf5a3da00.jpeg

My son fractured his thumb one time when he was in high school.  He was long boarding with some friends and slid off when he went too fast at a sloppy section near our house.  He fractured his thumb.  He had to have a cast put on for that injury.  Thank goodness I think it wasn’t marching band season.  It would’ve been hard to play the trumpet.

9 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

My wife LOVES red bean paste sesame balls.  Every time we go to New York we find Chinese cafe/bakeries so she can grab some.  In fact, that's a pretty normal breakfast run for us there...she gets those and I'll get a couple egg tarts.

Those are good.  But by the time you’ve finished dinner, you’re too full for dessert.  You’re pretty close to Vancouver.  You can bring home some sesame balls from the Chinese Restaurants there.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.a6c17e3538cf3396e4ae9602ddfba5ee.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Doing pretty good. She see's the doctor later this week and will get her brace shortened. She has had a little pain but not bad. Her wrist is better than my knee that's for sure. Getting it injected tomorrow so hopefully that will get me through the cruise in October.

Good luck with the injection tomorrow. I hope it will give you some relief. I’m happy Linda’s wrist is better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Is Tortola a tender or docking port?  Either way, you'll probably have a nice sightseeing cruise to White Bay and back plus 3-4 hours of beach and Painkillers, with plenty of time before all aboard.  Sounds like a great day!

We almost always book 3rd party excursions and have never had a problem getting back to the ship with time to spare.  While that's not guaranteed and things can go wrong, the reputation of these companies is dependent on getting passengers back to their ship on time.  If they strand people a few times, word gets around quickly and their business dries up.  They therefore do everything possible, including working with other excursion companies if needed, to get you back on time.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is Tortola a tender or docking port?  Either way, you'll probably have a nice sightseeing cruise to White Bay and back plus 3-4 hours of beach and Painkillers, with plenty of time before all aboard.  Sounds like a great day!

We almost always book 3rd party excursions and have never had a problem getting back to the ship with time to spare.  While that's not guaranteed and things can go wrong, the reputation of these companies is dependent on getting passengers back to their ship on time.  If they strand people a few times, word gets around quickly and their business dries up.  They therefore do everything possible, including working with other excursion companies if needed, to get you back on time.

They dock at Road Town and the charter boat will be at the marina next to it. They say a 3-5 minute walk. I need to double check the time going from Tortola to JVD but I think it’s about 45 minutes. We are chartering with Chillout Charters.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

They dock at Road Town and the charter boat will be at the marina next to it. They say a 3-5 minute walk. I need to double check the time going from Tortola to JVD but I think it’s about 45 minutes. We are chartering with Chillout Charters.

I checked and Soggy Dollar is open from 8 AM to 6:30 PM daily.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie's mom had a large order of flowers today!

IMG_5265.thumb.jpeg.8be17359ad7851ca85bae85d07f4f87a.jpeg

Speaking of Kenzie,  she came over today!

20230815_172411.thumb.jpg.9e381c6d7d94b5822516ac79e50bbc1c.jpg

She loves that outfit.

Beautiful flowers. 

Is she ever unhappy?  She is just adorable along with her siblings and cousin. 

I hope you are doing well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1