Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday wishes to your granddaughter, Lenny.  I'm sorry to hear that she broke a wrist while playing Tennis.  I do hope she's not hurting too badly.

Wow..your oldest granddaughter is heading back to College already?  Our grandson heads back on the 20th, one of our granddaughters will be heading to College as an incoming Freshman on the 24th, and our other granddaughter will be heading to College as an incoming Freshman on September 1st.

Thanks,Maryann.I do not know when her classes begin but she will be living off campus with 3 other girls and they are all arriving this week to get the house ready..Are they all in different colleges ? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you remember what the names of these are? We are going there next month and not sure what to order?

The top one is Champagne Lobster Roll.  Second one is Truffled Creamy Lobster Tempura Roll.

These plates were from Navigator Izumi from January 2022.  Note:  Not all Izumi’s are created equal.  Quality will vary depending on ship and chef.  Navigator was excellent.  Allure & Odyssey were mediocre to me.

From Navigator- Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura

IMG_0107.thumb.jpeg.07309e3e3915ded2482e04c6647f2af8.jpeg

Assorted Sashima (They ran out of shrimp so they substituted yellowtail)

IMG_0110.thumb.jpeg.4b50288d88f353757d58013eb81477cc.jpeg

Truffled Creamy Lobster Tempura Roll - Now you only get 4 pieces

IMG_0108.thumb.jpeg.59d90536bd584c9bf3ebd0c9aa8cc005.jpeg

Izumi Ryu Futomaki Roll

IMG_0357.thumb.jpeg.fd2db97169a4dd9ecde345478a3b715a.jpeg

Chicken Teriyaki 

IMG_0111.thumb.jpeg.065e63420b44336d99610874ed29b9fc.jpeg

Yaki Udon with Grilled Beef

IMG_0356.thumb.jpeg.1730ffbad0cefbe7f2d363f77037a313.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This time tomorrow night the Lionesses (England) will be playing the Matildas (Australia) in the semi-final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.  The support that our National Women’s Team has been receiving here is phenomenal.  Pretty sure most of Australia will be glued to their screens tomorrow night.

Should the Matildas progress through to the final and win the Cup, our State Premier has said we will have a public holiday to celebrate and a ticket-tape parade in Sydney.  

To our English friends here - may the best team win 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇦🇺

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

The top one is Champagne Lobster Roll.  Second one is Truffled Creamy Lobster Tempura Roll.

These plates were from Navigator Izumi from January 2022.  Note:  Not all Izumi’s are created equal.  Quality will vary depending on ship and chef.  Navigator was excellent.  Allure & Odyssey were mediocre to me.

From Navigator- Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura

IMG_0107.thumb.jpeg.07309e3e3915ded2482e04c6647f2af8.jpeg

Assorted Sashima (They ran out of shrimp so they substituted yellowtail)

IMG_0110.thumb.jpeg.4b50288d88f353757d58013eb81477cc.jpeg

Truffled Creamy Lobster Tempura Roll - Now you only get 4 pieces

IMG_0108.thumb.jpeg.59d90536bd584c9bf3ebd0c9aa8cc005.jpeg

Izumi Ryu Futomaki Roll

IMG_0357.thumb.jpeg.fd2db97169a4dd9ecde345478a3b715a.jpeg

Chicken Teriyaki 

IMG_0111.thumb.jpeg.065e63420b44336d99610874ed29b9fc.jpeg

Yaki Udon with Grilled Beef

IMG_0356.thumb.jpeg.1730ffbad0cefbe7f2d363f77037a313.jpeg

Food looks amazing.

33 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This time tomorrow night the Lionesses (England) will be playing the Matildas (Australia) in the semi-final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.  The support that our National Women’s Team has been receiving here is phenomenal.  Pretty sure most of Australia will be glued to their screens tomorrow night.

Should the Matildas progress through to the final and win the Cup, our State Premier has said we will have a public holiday to celebrate and a ticket-tape parade in Sydney.  

There's not much that I can add to this. 😒  Good Luck to both teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Spain are the opponents in the final.

I agree I hope the best team on the day wins.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 66°F and sunny here.

The rain we had for 24 hours finally stopped at 06.00am.

At least the rain was good for the garden.

IMG_20230815_113420.jpg

Your garden is beautiful Graham.  

We could do with a good soaking here - it’s been a very dry winter.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you remember what the names of these are? We are going there next month and not sure what to order?

Champagne Lobster Roll is the first one.  It has been my go to at Izumi all along.  Yummy.  I think the other roll is the Lobster Tempura Roll or something like that.  It was really good too.  For dessert I got the Sesame balls with red bean paste.  I really like them but they are not for everyone.  Izumi is my favorite specialty restaurant on the ships.

• Like 4