Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Finally got caught up with everyone's "goings on"!  First of all, I am in awe of the many Birthday wishes  from you all.  It is so appreciated, and I love you all!  Thank you so much, @Ocean Boy, @BonTexasNYBonnie, @Sea DogGreg, @jagsfanMimi, @Arzeena, @Ozark_KidJohn,  Happy 1st Birthday to beautiful baby Finnley, @Sunshine3601Debbie, @DaniDanielleMarietta, @lenquixote66Lenny, thank you for your beautiful words, @jmh2006Jennifer, and @ReneeFLLbeautiful pictures of Amsterdam;  enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanuI am so glad to hear your DS2 and his family have found a rental so quickly!  What a relief for them, and one more stressor out of the way for them, as well as for you. 😊   Have your grandsons started school yet?  I'm happy that you will now be able to visit them soon!🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Rows 50J & 51F.  Both aisle seats.  I need an  aisle seat because of my left leg that I need to straighten out and stretch once in awhile.  

The flight attendants were serving dinner and the options were vegetables with noodles or chicken.  When this one lady attendant who was very serious and no smiles came around to our row, she said, “vegetables with noodles or chicken?”  I said “I’d like the filet mignon please”.  She said okay.  I then ordered the Chicken.  Then she had to search her cart for the chicken tray, I said, “Now I can get the filet mignon.”  She was amused and smiled!

I just booked two aisle seats for Jim and I when we fly to and from Arizona next week.  Any time we fly (which isn't often) if we aren't on a plane with the two seats, we book the aisle, this way we can get up without bothering anyone.  Jim sits on the left side of the aisle due to his right knee issues.

Of course you got the flight attendant to smile.  You are such a warm and cheerful person, you can even get a "grump" to smile!

Enjoy your many cruises, Helen!  "Hi" to Marty.  Enjoy!!!🥰🚢

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had some nasty thunder storms early this morning. Lightning must have hit something close. Several circuit breakers in the house tripped. Happened right after some thunder sound like it was right over the house. It even triggered the front door bell to chime.

Glad to hear you didn't lose electric.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We have great news -- the "kids" were very lucky in finding a rental. The Israeli "networking" at its best -- someone heard from someone, etc. that a house for rent is about to "hit" the market, and asked the owner to grant them a "preview". Turns out the owner took a shine on my family. DS2 also offered an additional 50 Euro per month and advance pay of one year, and the house didn't even reach the market, saving them the "bidding wars...".

So, first thing we booked a flight to Amsterdam, to spend with them the Jewish New Year and the following Yom Kippur. We hope that DS1 will join us during the Yom Kippur. 

@dani negreanu Dani, so pleased to read that DS2 and his family have found a house to rent!! 🥳 😅

It’s even more wonderful that you will be able to reunite and stay with them for the High Holy Days!!😁

I am also hoping that DS1 will be able to join all of you for Yom Kippur. 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 8:13 PM, Ocean Boy said:

They make an "X". I suspect most just scan their smart phones that are linked to a credit card. Might as well teach them to live off of credit early.

My two year old g/son knows to tap my debit card on the payment machine when we stop for coffee in the cafe. I wonder if this generation will be completely cashless 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

My two year old g/son knows to tap my debit card on the payment machine when we stop for coffee in the cafe. I wonder if this generation will be completely cashless 

That could be dangerous.......

• Like 2

Was our first weekend camping in our motor home. 
We traveled to Loundonville Ohio to, get this. WALLY WORLD. No kidding. 

I was totally impressed and pleased with our experience. 

The only down fall there was when the monsoon hit yesterday . Thunder lightning. And then to top it off the Hail and tornado warning. 
We did not have time to evacuate to the shelter………there facilities ——-shower/bathrooms. 
So we grabbed our valuables and sat up front in the cab part of motor home. High winds. Monsoon continued. Flooding. 
Thankfully no tornado touched down. Must have only been on radar in our area. 

Today.   Our drive home was longer than expected per GPS. Bridge out. Ramps closed.   Safely home. RV cleaned out and cleaned up. 
BBQ TIME. 

IMG_1813.thumb.jpeg.689f08b8c2ee0ef4b8ff6d3c31d604bb.jpeg

IMG_1814.thumb.jpeg.1951944d60d5c530384b9be4b12eaeac.jpeg

IMG_1815.thumb.jpeg.e0e4bfbb1cc6b172cdc7fbf20d3480b1.jpeg

Be safe. 

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Was our first weekend camping in our motor home. 
We traveled to Loundonville Ohio to, get this. WALLY WORLD. No kidding. 

I was totally impressed and pleased with our experience. 

The only down fall there was when the monsoon hit yesterday . Thunder lightning. And then to top it off the Hail and tornado warning. 
We did not have time to evacuate to the shelter………there facilities ——-shower/bathrooms. 
So we grabbed our valuables and sat up front in the cab part of motor home. High winds. Monsoon continued. Flooding. 
Thankfully no tornado touched down. Must have only been on radar in our area. 

Today.   Our drive home was longer than expected per GPS. Bridge out. Ramps closed.   Safely home. RV cleaned out and cleaned up. 
BBQ TIME. 

IMG_1813.thumb.jpeg.689f08b8c2ee0ef4b8ff6d3c31d604bb.jpeg

IMG_1814.thumb.jpeg.1951944d60d5c530384b9be4b12eaeac.jpeg

IMG_1815.thumb.jpeg.e0e4bfbb1cc6b172cdc7fbf20d3480b1.jpeg

Be safe. 

Was Wally World open when you got there?

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had some nasty thunder storms early this morning. Lightning must have hit something close. Several circuit breakers in the house tripped. Happened right after some thunder sound like it was right over the house. It even triggered the front door bell to chime.

That must have been freaky!! 👀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We have great news -- the "kids" were very lucky in finding a rental. The Israeli "networking" at its best -- someone heard from someone, etc. that a house for rent is about to "hit" the market, and asked the owner to grant them a "preview". Turns out the owner took a shine on my family. DS2 also offered an additional 50 Euro per month and advance pay of one year, and the house didn't even reach the market, saving them the "bidding wars..."

So happy to hear the good news!,

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1  Helen & Marty, Renee & Mike

@FromSea2ShiningSea     @ReneeFLL

Same here, we don't mind where we sit, as long as we can be only the 2 of us. Just grabbed those seats on our return flight from Amsterdam [see below]. Being the rush travel of the Jewish holidays, El Al allocated a Dreamliner for this itinerary, lucky us...

Thank you, Nancy.

We have great news -- the "kids" were very lucky in finding a rental. The Israeli "networking" at its best -- someone heard from someone, etc. that a house for rent is about to "hit" the market, and asked the owner to grant them a "preview". Turns out the owner took a shine on my family. DS2 also offered an additional 50 Euro per month and advance pay of one year, and the house didn't even reach the market, saving them the "bidding wars...".

So, first thing we booked a flight to Amsterdam, to spend with them the Jewish New Year and the following Yom Kippur. We hope that DS1 will join us during the Yom Kippur. Of course the flights are scarce (during Yom Kippur the airport and practically all the country are closed) and the prices are through the roof. Luckily, I've used points about to expire to "soften the blow"...

Personally, we don't like the house at all, it is not practical for hosting, but, given the scarcity of rentals, they could not be picky. There is only one toilet at the ground floor (with a work/guest room 20 meters from it....), and another one in the only bathroom on the 1st floor. There is a nice guest room on the 2nd floor, but without any amenities.

We'll see how it goes....

+ 1  Bethany  @TravelGirlinDallas

+ 1, keep them coming, pls.  @ReneeFLL 

When we lived in Brussels, we used to visit quite a lot, and eat at Cafe de Klos, if you're into ribs... The "catch" is that they don't take bookings.

If you're into shopping, Peek & Cloppenburg have nice and affordable merchandise. De Bijenkorf is more upscale.

That is fabulous news they were able to find permanent housing for their family.   One bathroom may not be ideal but it sure beats moving every couple of weeks, especially with the boys.     

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We made it here in Amsterdam.  Checked into hotel the Doubletree,  We got a room with a view.  
IMG_6812.thumb.jpeg.39293b4f8f292acedb5eeb239282caf3.jpeg

The sights on our walk to the Anne Frank Huis.  We had a 4:00PM reservation.  It was cloudy and dreary.  It started to drizzle and rain while we walked there.

IMG_6845.thumb.jpeg.db4666c105f71c7c0cfdb421fabe8866.jpeg

We had to go over several canals

IMG_6856.thumb.jpeg.45f1c59bb22e9a5e8f0f8fe1bace6155.jpeg

This is the front of the Anne Frank Huis.  It was a very moving tour to actually be where she and her family hid for two years and then what happened to them in the end. We got to learn and understand more about the history of the Jews in Germany and the Netherlands.

IMG_6858.thumb.jpeg.30f92a410498a7b051032d918a8ab8e6.jpeg

When we came out, the sun was shining.  More canals. 

IMG_6870.thumb.jpeg.0e4a5fe85b87dec5b8e2e681f46f10ab.jpeg

Got ducks?  The owner knows about hiding ducks on cruise ships.  
IMG_6872.thumb.jpeg.6b7a1871fa357515bfb3d6845521a313.jpeg

IMG_6874.thumb.jpeg.588d38e22e1d9146c59cf8455b7d6e7d.jpeg

Looks like a fun duck pool party here.

IMG_6875.thumb.jpeg.56d30e2299f61917c8a8e9124797b11f.jpeg

IMG_6876.thumb.jpeg.879ffed6426630ff8d33ec0d60b4b927.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

These were the seats we were in. We were in the same exact airplane that had a wing tip damaged the week before. After Mike landed in SA last week another AA 777 hit its wing causing damage. They were supposed to fly back home that night, but had to wait until next day for a replacement aircraft. Thanks Mike for telling me this just as we were taking off. 😁

We were in 21 J & L.

They are staying at the Doubletree near the port. We're in the same hotel and arrived yesterday.

Thanks. Good info. Your pics are great!

9 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We made it here in Amsterdam.  Checked into hotel the Doubletree,  We got a room with a view.  
IMG_6812.thumb.jpeg.39293b4f8f292acedb5eeb239282caf3.jpeg

The sights on our walk to the Anne Frank Huis.  We had a 4:00PM reservation.  It was cloudy and dreary.  It started to drizzle and rain while we walked there.

IMG_6845.thumb.jpeg.db4666c105f71c7c0cfdb421fabe8866.jpeg

We had to go over several canals

IMG_6856.thumb.jpeg.45f1c59bb22e9a5e8f0f8fe1bace6155.jpeg

This is the front of the Anne Frank Huis.  It was a very moving tour to actually be where she and her family hid for two years and then what happened to them in the end. We got to learn and understand more about the history of the Jews in Germany and the Netherlands.

IMG_6858.thumb.jpeg.30f92a410498a7b051032d918a8ab8e6.jpeg

When we came out, the sun was shining.  More canals. 

IMG_6870.thumb.jpeg.0e4a5fe85b87dec5b8e2e681f46f10ab.jpeg

Got ducks?  The owner knows about hiding ducks on cruise ships.  
IMG_6872.thumb.jpeg.6b7a1871fa357515bfb3d6845521a313.jpeg

IMG_6874.thumb.jpeg.588d38e22e1d9146c59cf8455b7d6e7d.jpeg

Looks like a fun duck pool party here.

IMG_6875.thumb.jpeg.56d30e2299f61917c8a8e9124797b11f.jpeg

IMG_6876.thumb.jpeg.879ffed6426630ff8d33ec0d60b4b927.jpeg

Oh Helen, I love the pictures!  Dave and I were supposed to stay at the Doubletree hotel in Amsterdam in August 2020 before our 12 night Baltic Sea cruise which never happened 😪.  Keep the pictures coming!!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Nancy.

What a relief. While it may not be perfect at least they have a home for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

@dani negreanu Dani, so pleased to read that DS2 and his family have found a house to rent!! 🥳 😅

It’s even more wonderful that you will be able to reunite and stay with them for the High Holy Days!!😁

I am also hoping that DS1 will be able to join all of you for Yom Kippur. 🥰

@dani negreanu + 1 😊 

• Thanks 1