Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am trying to catch up a little, because this is starting out as a really busy week for us. We have all three grandkids for the week.

@ReneeFLL Renee and @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen, enjoying your photos, and have a great cruise.  Looking forward to seeing more photos.

@dani negreanu Dani, it was good to hear the DS2 found a rental and that they are getting settled.

@TravelGirlinDallas Bethany, was sorry to read about Andrew’s broken finger.  Hope he will still be able to play. 

@harryfat1 Harry, love your pictures, as always.  I am watching for your review on the main boards.  It looks like a birthday was being celebrated on your cruise.

@lenquixote66 Lenny, happy birthday to your granddaughter 

@Momof3gurlz Deb, glad to hear you had a great time on the cruise with your grandsons.  I am jealous I haven’t been able to do that with ours, but I am still working on my daughter. Hopefully, next summer instead of Myrtle Beach. 

@DaniDanielle Marietta, happy birthday to your granddaughter this Friday

@Luckynana Maryann, happy birthday to you today. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Bethany, was sorry to read about Andrew’s broken finger.  Hope he will still be able to play.

Thanks! He got his cast yesterday. Today, we will start figuring out how to adapt so he can still play his French horn and participate in athletics. We’ve been in contact with his teachers.

All this for a pinky. ☹️IMG_7684.thumb.jpeg.6b324118cb654678e05c6eadf5a3da00.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 66°F and sunny here.

The rain we had for 24 hours finally stopped at 06.00am.

At least the rain was good for the garden.

IMG_20230815_113420.jpg

So beautiful! The landscape doesn't look like that here right now, for sure, with weeks and weeks of 100+. We could use the rain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This will be a crazy week for us, but it is the last week of our Summer of Fun 3.  

Yesterday, my daughter had an appointment with her oncologist, and it was the first day of her return to work full time. So we had her kids, plus our California grandson.  We had to get them out of the house, since my son had zoom meetings all day.  He is here till the end of the week, when he will take our grandson back to California. 

So we took all the grandkids on a hike (which they claim was 4 miles). 

I can get close enough to touch this turtle!

IMG_8634.thumb.jpeg.fea616eb6b68a7132eda98b45a924110.jpeg

When you find a down tree blocking the trail, it is a good place for a break. 

IMG_8639.thumb.jpeg.6f98e119aa5748990c88fe3e7f29143f.jpeg

Then, for some health food after.  

IMG_8643.thumb.jpeg.213eb2b81ba216b2e0836887df28ea25.jpeg

Today, I hope to enlist all of them to do some prep for tomorrow’s party.  Tomorrow, we are having an unbirthday celebration for our California grandson. His birthday is not until the 25th, but he will be gone by then.  This year’s theme will be, of course, Harry Potter. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

For dessert I got the Sesame balls with red bean paste.  I really like them but they are not for everyone.

My wife LOVES red bean paste sesame balls.  Every time we go to New York we find Chinese cafe/bakeries so she can grab some.  In fact, that's a pretty normal breakfast run for us there...she gets those and I'll get a couple egg tarts.

• Like 3

Booked the Symphony for Feb.
Still looking for Jan and March. Narrowed it to Explorer or Celebrity Reflection. I haven't been on the Explorer since the repositioning from NJ to Florida and the rogue wave. Don't know if it was refurbished/amped?

Beyond in April.

Equinox ABC Oct birthday cruise.

Silhouette in Nov.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thanks! He got his cast yesterday. Today, we will start figuring out how to adapt so he can still play his French horn and participate in athletics. We’ve been in contact with his teachers.

All this for a pinky. ☹️IMG_7684.thumb.jpeg.6b324118cb654678e05c6eadf5a3da00.jpeg

Oh, such a sad face!  So sorry about his broken finger.

• Thanks 1

Forgot to take pictures of our really fun Tiki Patio Party last Saturday night with 3 other neighborhood close couples. I did take a video of the outdoor lighting I did to enhance the mood.

You can’t hear it well but I did have a tiki music playlist playing exotica from Martin Denny and Les Baxter. Also not seen was a tv that was playing a 3 hour video loop of famous tiki bars, and Polynesian pop images. Here is the video. You can skip around as the first two images are very long.

I also made up a batch of a tiki cocktail called the Monkey’s Eyebrow in my new Sea Dog Tiki Bar engraved bottle. It has a mermaid on the front with lettering on the back that says Sea Dog Tiki Bar.

IMG_1947.thumb.jpeg.6415fb5e89a4e95f5eed33816e8247d8.jpeg

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

@Keksie @FromSea2ShiningSea  I'm thinking for the 2 of us and share.

PORK GYOZA DUMPLING

SHRIMP FIRECRACKER SPRING ROLL

SPICY CRISPY SHRIMP ROLL

CHAMPAGNE LOBSTER ROLL

TRUFFLED CREAMY LOBSTER TEMPURA ROLL*

YAKI UDON (Beef)

That sounds yummy and now I want to be on a cruise eating at Izumi tonight.  LOL

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Forgot to take pictures of our really fun Tiki Patio Party last Saturday night with 3 other neighborhood close couples. I did take a video of the outdoor lighting I did to enhance the mood.

You can’t hear it well but I did have a tiki music playlist playing exotica from Martin Denny and Les Baxter. Also not seen was a tv that was playing a 3 hour video loop of famous tiki bars, and Polynesian pop images. Here is the video. You can skip around as the first two images are very long.

I also made up a batch of a tiki cocktail called the Monkey’s Eyebrow in my new Sea Dog Tiki Bar engraved bottle. It has a mermaid on the front with lettering on the back that says Sea Dog Tiki Bar.

IMG_1947.thumb.jpeg.6415fb5e89a4e95f5eed33816e8247d8.jpeg

I want to be your neighbor.  

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Ok, I cut up that large tomato. Alot of green throughout. It taste good but not much you can do with it.

The green pics were taken on July 27th.

20230727_192938.jpg

20230815_091305.jpg

20230727_192917.jpg

20230815_091358.jpg

20230727_192909.jpg

20230815_091445.jpg

20230727_192903.jpg

20230815_091632.jpg

It was kind of like 2 tomatoes  growing together I think.

20230815_091655.jpg

20230815_091942.jpg

20230815_092016.jpg

20230815_092101.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Booked the Symphony for Feb.
Still looking for Jan and March. Narrowed it to Explorer or Celebrity Reflection. I haven't been on the Explorer since the repositioning from NJ to Florida and the rogue wave. Don't know if it was refurbished/amped?

Beyond in April.

Equinox ABC Oct birthday cruise.

Silhouette in Nov.

Explorer in March is one of the possibilities for our free Prime cruise in March.  We haven’t sailed her since 2014 so I’m sure she’s been refurbished since then.  
Waiting until we get home to research further, but if you end up on Explorer perhaps we’ll see you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Momof3gurlz Deb, glad to hear you had a great time on the cruise with your grandsons.  I am jealous I haven’t been able to do that with ours, but I am still working on my daughter. Hopefully, next summer instead of Myrtle Beach. 

@DaniDanielle

Maybe you can convince her to try a 3 or 4 nighter to give it another go, and combine it with a land vacation. 

(Sorry, Marietta, I didn’t mean to quote you but couldn’t remove it!)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I've never before seen a picture of him looking so unhappy!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've never before seen a picture of him looking so unhappy!

He's pretty bummed about starting the school year this way. I'm pretty sad for him, too. Hopefully, it won't be as bad as it seems. And 4 weeks in the cast is shorter than I expected (it was 6 weeks last time he broke this same finger).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I hope this means she is doing well!!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum

Mark, hoping for good news 🤞

She looks good, and she still has a few more cycles of oral chemo to go, as long as her numbers permit.  They have been off. 

It is good that she is back to teaching full time.  It keeps her occupied. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I had the same type of protective covering when I broke a finger in a freak accident.I hope he gets better very soon.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Wrap it up and let him play.

Kentucky has 2 linebackers playing with GIANT CLUB broken ...

• Like 2