Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie's mom had a large order of flowers today!

IMG_5265.thumb.jpeg.8be17359ad7851ca85bae85d07f4f87a.jpeg

Speaking of Kenzie,  she came over today!

20230815_172411.thumb.jpg.9e381c6d7d94b5822516ac79e50bbc1c.jpg

She loves that outfit.

What can I say about Kenzie? Indescribably gorgeous and what a fashionista she is!  You need this picture framed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@harryfat1 Harry, love your pictures, as always.  I am watching for your review on the main boards.  It looks like a birthday was being celebrated on your cruise.

Thanks for the compliment. 

Sorry, the trip report is a few days behind the intended schedule - maybe not until Friday.  A nasty thing called "work" gets in the way of getting one off the ground but I have downloaded all the pictures into the laptop so it's just a matter of looking through the pictures and trying to sound coherent in my introduction pages.

Yeah, it was my wife's birthday as well as my father in law.  I haven't cruised with RCI for almost 6 years.  Didn't realize housekeeping tracks people's birthdays and gives out towel birthday cakes without me ever telling them.  We were surprised to come back to the cabin with the ballons and a towel cake with self contained LED lights...

20230810_151814.thumb.jpg.52b1a3dad7350c74be29294846ecc2b6.jpg

20230810_213113.thumb.jpg.c181907d5c5cc1b468710a072dd4ca8a.jpg

• Like 21

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!   Gorgeous shawl.  

You sure do some beautiful work.   

How do you do this with cats in the house?

I block it in the guest bedroom which is a no cat zone.  For some reason none of the cats bother my yarn while I am knitting.  My craft room is also a no cat room unless I am in there.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I block it in the guest bedroom which is a no cat zone.  For some reason none of the cats bother my yarn while I am knitting.  My craft room is also a no cat room unless I am in there.

We have never had a no cat zone since we got our first kitty about 35 years ago 😢😢😢

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Forgot to take pictures of our really fun Tiki Patio Party last Saturday night with 3 other neighborhood close couples. I did take a video of the outdoor lighting I did to enhance the mood.

You can’t hear it well but I did have a tiki music playlist playing exotica from Martin Denny and Les Baxter. Also not seen was a tv that was playing a 3 hour video loop of famous tiki bars, and Polynesian pop images. Here is the video. You can skip around as the first two images are very long.

I also made up a batch of a tiki cocktail called the Monkey’s Eyebrow in my new Sea Dog Tiki Bar engraved bottle. It has a mermaid on the front with lettering on the back that says Sea Dog Tiki Bar.

IMG_1947.thumb.jpeg.6415fb5e89a4e95f5eed33816e8247d8.jpeg

I moved down the street from you. Don't forget my invitation next time. 😉

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions on a charter to JVD and White Bay. Good new! I have sent in a booking form to Chillout Charters for a charter that will pick us up close to the cruise terminal and take us over to Jost Van Dyke, stay with us and bring us back by 2pm for a 3pm all aboard. The cost is obviously more expensive than the Royal excursion but split between 4 couples should be fine. Hoping everything goes smoothly as I usually don't book third party excursions but this had great reviews and they were close to the cruise ship.

Glad this all worked out for you. I'm sure you will all have a great time. Cheers!

• Like 4

On 8/14/2023 at 10:25 PM, bobmacliberty said:

The York Minster is a great place to visit.  If you're able to handle a lot of stairs, I recommend going up to the roof.  There's also a fantastic set of roman ruins under the Minster.

_CM_8553.thumb.jpg.a5f4a97d10f5e99691673ba7d8299d69.jpg

_CM_8554.thumb.jpg.9ebd650a82734db90c3d226196b18e05.jpg

_CM_8563.thumb.jpg.05eacb92d59c9251cfa42b29b70d7b37.jpg

_CM_8569.thumb.jpg.e0e9e8ebbaa48851011f4eb25d2553dd.jpg

_CM_8576.thumb.jpg.ff41ddba3f3826627825950932ea3946.jpg

_CM_8577.thumb.jpg.7d521dc3442561148364bc4c0ccabb5f.jpg

_CM_8579.thumb.jpg.b77ae49134196e2dfff23c3dd012f2ed.jpg

_CM_8582.thumb.jpg.7661784993ae82666b55bd6d723d0c7f.jpg

Oh wow, what amazing views. We won't have a lot of time for sightseeing but will definitely visit the Minster and the shambles area 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This time tomorrow night the Lionesses (England) will be playing the Matildas (Australia) in the semi-final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.  The support that our National Women’s Team has been receiving here is phenomenal.  Pretty sure most of Australia will be glued to their screens tomorrow night.

Should the Matildas progress through to the final and win the Cup, our State Premier has said we will have a public holiday to celebrate and a ticket-tape parade in Sydney.  

To our English friends here - may the best team win 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇦🇺

Lots in our news too about the game. With a big Aussie contingent in London,  there's lots of places for fans to come together to watch 

The girls game is so big now in UK.  Great role models 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Graham @grapau27, your garden is gorgeous.  Do you do your own gardening or do you have a gardener?  I love the gladiolus.  Looks like they will open soon.

Good choice!  I hope the chef does a good job for you.  What will you choose for dessert?

My son fractured his thumb one time when he was in high school.  He was long boarding with some friends and slid off when he went too fast at a sloppy section near our house.  He fractured his thumb.  He had to have a cast put on for that injury.  Thank goodness I think it wasn’t marching band season.  It would’ve been hard to play the trumpet.

Those are good.  But by the time you’ve finished dinner, you’re too full for dessert.  You’re pretty close to Vancouver.  You can bring home some sesame balls from the Chinese Restaurants there.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.a6c17e3538cf3396e4ae9602ddfba5ee.jpeg

Good luck with the injection tomorrow. I hope it will give you some relief. I’m happy Linda’s wrist is better.

Thank you.

My severe arthritis prevents me now but Pauline has looked after the garden since my heart attack nearly 4 years ago.

When I worked full time up to 7 years ago I paid Pauline's sister who lives next door around £40. $56 per week to keep our gardens tidy.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

59 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Lots in our news too about the game. With a big Aussie contingent in London,  there's lots of places for fans to come together to watch 

The girls game is so big now in UK.  Great role models 

The girls certainly are great role models and great to finally see women’s sports teams get the media coverage and support they deserve.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, George C said:

We have never had a no cat zone since we got our first kitty about 35 years ago 😢😢😢

We were at Costa Maya on February 3rd while on Oasis.

Nice port area close to the ship as well as swimming with the dolphins.

IMG_20230203_102608.jpg

IMG_20230203_111954.jpg

IMG_20230203_104141.jpg

IMG_20230203_105558.jpg

IMG_20230203_111847.jpg

IMG_20230203_113454.jpg

IMG_20230203_102047.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

@dani negreanu pleased you are able to visit your son’s family in Amersterdam soon.

@TravelGirlinDallas poor Andrew.  Hope he finds a way to do most activities even with his cast.

@Sea Dog  Hope the injection eases your awful knee pain.  Love your tiki night garden lights.

@Luckynana Hope you had a lovely birthday.

@h20skibum Good news that your daughter feels well enough to return to work.

Apologies, if I missed anyone’s recent news.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Thanks for the compliment. 

Sorry, the trip report is a few days behind the intended schedule - maybe not until Friday.  A nasty thing called "work" gets in the way of getting one off the ground but I have downloaded all the pictures into the laptop so it's just a matter of looking through the pictures and trying to sound coherent in my introduction pages.

Yeah, it was my wife's birthday as well as my father in law.  I haven't cruised with RCI for almost 6 years.  Didn't realize housekeeping tracks people's birthdays and gives out towel birthday cakes without me ever telling them.  We were surprised to come back to the cabin with the ballons and a towel cake with self contained LED lights...

20230810_151814.thumb.jpg.52b1a3dad7350c74be29294846ecc2b6.jpg

20230810_213113.thumb.jpg.c181907d5c5cc1b468710a072dd4ca8a.jpg

I have never seen a towel cake like this one.   They did a fabulous job.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, George C said:

We have always closed the guest bedrooms off.  It helps keep them clean.  My sewing room is closed for their safety and my sanity.  

• Like 11

9 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks everyone, I like the idea of hanging around the port area . Might just stay on ship in Roatan and hit our favorite bars and restaurants in Cozumel which we have been to about 20 times . 

We've also visited the Chacchoben Mayan ruins while at Costa Maya.  We used The Native Choice for the excursion and I'd recommend them.  It's about an hour drive each way.  We had plenty of time when we got back to wander around the port area a bit, but that will depend on how long you're there.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Fantastic ladies world cup semi final football match.

England 3 Australia 1.

Commiserations to Australia.

Great match - the only thing is now they have to face Spain.  Spain and Gibraltar do not have good relations.  I almost wanted them to lose.  If I had known about the State holiday for Auzzielozzie I think I might have been cheering more for the Matildas.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I moved down the street from you. Don't forget my invitation next time. 😉

Come on over neighbor!!

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Glad this all worked out for you. I'm sure you will all have a great time. Cheers!

Thanks, never chartered before so it will be a learning experience.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck with the injection Greg.

Thank you Graham, fingers are crossed.

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@dani negreanu pleased you are able to visit your son’s family in Amersterdam soon.

@TravelGirlinDallas poor Andrew.  Hope he finds a way to do most activities even with his cast.

@Sea Dog  Hope the injection eases your awful knee pain.  Love your tiki night garden lights.

@Luckynana Hope you had a lovely birthday.

@h20skibum Good news that your daughter feels well enough to return to work.

Apologies, if I missed anyone’s recent news.

Thank you so much!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Great match - the only thing is now they have to face Spain.  Spain and Gibraltar do not have good relations.  I almost wanted them to lose.  If I had known about the State holiday for Auzzielozzie I think I might have been cheering more for the Matildas.  

A lot of Brits on holiday in Spain during the world cup final too . But it's women's  football so hopefully everyone will be civilised and concentrate on having a good time and enjoying some good football

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Our guest bedroom is the same. We keep the door closed. Sometimes our guests let them in, though. 😂

Our house sitters end up with Rocco, Elmer, and Coal sleeping with them.  After they leave the pets keep looking down the hall for them.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3