Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Today's temp will be either 111 or 108 depending on which weather source you choose.  Average temps of 105 for the coming week with humidity levels of mid 30 to mid 20%.  Hot but breathable.  I don't remember the last time it rained.  No rain in sight for the time being. I think we'll just relax at home today!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I hear ya...my BP is semi-controlled with weight loss and exercise but never gets quite low enough to get off at least a low dose of meds.  

My last year living in KC (1990) I was running 7 miles a day 6 days a week, and still had to take a low dose to keep it well within the "normal" range.

I may be in the same situation. My father had high blood pressure. I was skinny my whole life till I turned 40. Then my metabolism just decided to quit. I’ve lost 45 pounds but I would like to drop another 50. 

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow Greg...glad that you're OK.  Definitely time to see your doctor.  Everyone is different but I use a combo of Amlodipine and Losartan that does a great job of controlling my BP with almost no side effects.  I just need to careful about not getting out of bed too quickly in the middle of the night or I'll get dizzy.  

I'm always amazed about the topics that pop up in this thread. 🙂

I take Amlodipine and Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide. Both for my blood pressure. Yes I too pause after sitting up in bed.

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I'm so glad you're feeling better and I do remember that scary Galveston cruise episode!  Always remember to eat and drink sufficiently.  

I worry about Jack, who is a type 2 diabetic on Ozempic which kills his appetite.  I talk myself blue to get him to eat on a regular basis, so important for a diabetic.  BTW, he lost 20 pounds and looks and feels wonderful and has none of the stomach issues associated with the drug.  AND his lab #s are good!

Linda really thinks the Galveston episode and this past one are related to low potassium. It makes sense.

So happy that Jack has lost the weight and is feeling better. Please give him a hug and hello from Sea Dog!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear that you went and got checked out at the hospital and they were able to treat and send you home.

Not only do you feel better about it but I know Linda does too!   It's scary to see somewhere have an episode like that.  

I hope the injections the other day are alleviating your knee pain.

Thanks Debbie. I could see the look of fear on Linda’s face. Sure was very forceful in sending me in the ambulance to the ER. I didn’t want to burden the paramedics but she and them said you will get in the ER faster if we take you than your wife. Knee is feeling a lot better. The pain at the injection site is very minimal now.

• Like 14

@Sea Dog I‘m glad you are feeling better . It is always scary when your loved one faints . 

Has the Hall of Fame dinner taken place at your former place of employment? How was your speech honoring your friend? 

Take care of yourself, Greg   

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’m glad you are feeling better and hope some different medicine may prevent a recurrence.  But you need to be more mindful of listening to your wife.  If you had refused to go to the hospital can you imagine how worried she would have been for who knows how long?

Yes Helen Linda has had to deal with a lot of medical issues with her mom before she died and now her brother. She said she is not going to lose me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Our forecast is for 110 today , yesterday went to a new barbecue place because they had live music, guitar player singer was very good  but sang mostly country which is not our favorite, he asked us if we had a request and I asked if he knew any Dylan, he did a pretty good version of Knocking on heavens door and got a large ovation.

image.jpeg.67328ef9cee9f5e153ab6a4b645bff37.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 8

@Sea Dog

Greg happy to hear you are feeling better today after your episode. I can imagine how worried Linda must have been.
Just remember to keep going bananas 😁 every day. If you think you will forget, keep a post it "Go Bananas!" on your mirror.

I hope your knee is comfortable with the shots and Linda's hand is on the mend.

Stay well.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

@Sea Dog

Greg happy to hear you are feeling better today after your episode. I can imagine how worried Linda must have been.
Just remember to keep going bananas 😁 every day. If you think you will forget, keep a post it "Go Bananas!" on your mirror.

I hope your knee is comfortable with the shots and Linda's hand is on the mend.

Stay well.

Thank you! Yes Linda was extremely worried. I do like bananas I just don’t eat them often. I guess they will now be a part of my morning routine. Knee is better and Linda saw the hand doctor yesterday and he was quite pleased. She know doesn’t have to wear a brace and can start physical therapy in a couple of weeks.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Larry I’ve written this down and will talk to my doctor about it. In a perfect world after my knee replacement in November I’m going to get back into the gym and workout so I can lose even more weight and hopefully get off the blood pressure meds.

Glad you are feeling better,Greg.I took many blood pressure meds in my life but the past year I have been taking three that work great for me and no visible side effects.

At 7:30 AM I take 25MG of Metroprolol and 2.5 MG of Amlodipine Besylate.

At 5:15 PM I take 5 MG of Amlodipine Besylate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Glad you are feeling better,Greg.I took many blood pressure meds in my life but the past year I have been taking three that work great for me and no visible side effects.

At 7:30 AM I take 25MG of Metroprolol and 2.5 MG of Amlodipine Besylate.

At 5:15 PM I take 5 MG of Amlodipine Besylate.

Thanks Lenny. Right now I only take 5mg of the Amlodipine Besylate once per day.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm always amazed about the topics that pop up in this thread. 🙂

I have the feeling that in the last year, the "regulars" on this thread feel much more at ease to share their daily life and I'm so happy to see this.

Following on this "tread", after more than 5 months, our group of HS friends got together again, and the conversation flowed like it was yesterday we last spoke 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea419b500181d6576777f35b78ae767.jpeg

@Sea Dog  Greg, glad you're feeling better. Pls. eat those bananas, they're full of important vitamins and taste great to boot.

• Like 32

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I have the feeling that in the last year, the "regulars" on this thread feel much more at ease to share their daily life and I'm so happy to see this.

Following on this "tread", after more than 5 months, our group of HS friends got together again, and the conversation flowed like it was yesterday we last spoke 😁

@Sea Dog  Greg, glad you're feeling better. Pls. eat those bananas, they're full of important vitamins and taste great to boot.

Thanks Dani, I think bananas and a potassium vitamin may be a daily routine now. Great picture of you girls. That's the way my close high school friends are. We may only see each other once a year but pick it right up like time hasn't flown by at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Dani, I think bananas and a potassium vitamin may be a daily routine now. Great picture of you girls. That's the way my close high school friends are. We may only see each other once a year but pick it right up like time hasn't flown by at all.

I am in contact with people from every school I attended Earlier today a guy who I met in HS called me.On Labor Day Weekend a guy who I have been friends with since 1947 is coming to visit me and another school friend .He is coming in from Oregon.We are in contact by phone and e-mail but last saw each other in 2007.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Debbie. I could see the look of fear on Linda’s face. Sure was very forceful in sending me in the ambulance to the ER. I didn’t want to burden the paramedics but she and them said you will get in the ER faster if we take you than your wife. Knee is feeling a lot better. The pain at the injection site is very minimal now.

I'm pleased you are okay Greg and that Sue insisted you go to ER.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Nice photo Dani.

• Thanks 1