Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just took a walk through some shops. I can believe how over priced the Logo Shop is. They are selling ship models for $70. Sorry but there is no value there at all. I'm glad I bought one last year. I love them but I'd be very conflicted about buying at this price. Combo cap and t-shirt are selling at $45. Last year in Aruba I got a combo for around $12. RCI is really getting out of hand with their pricing on many different levels.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just took a walk through some shops. I can believe how over priced the Logo Shop is. They are selling ship models for $70. Sorry but there is no value there at all. I'm glad I bought one last year. I love them but I'd be very conflicted about buying at this price. Combo cap and t-shirt are selling at $45. Last year in Aruba I got a combo for around $12. RCI is really getting out of hand with their pricing on many different levels.

Yeah, I bought one of those Odyssey combo cap and shirt a couple years ago.  I think it was closer to $30 then.  

I saw Jason Liberty on tv the other day, and he was saying how everything on their ships is still a bargain.  Not sure I drink the same kool-aid as he does.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We All Love you and are here to help you at least try to escape reality for a little bit everyday.  ((((((💖))))))

@Sunshine3601

It helps a lot. That's my favorite place to be on those days - speaking of or virtually taking a cruise.

Pic below, taken during our flight to Amsterdam, kind of reflects our mood. This huge blanket of dark clouds. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8df4ae3b781a652f4e9d278bf0b87e32.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to read all of this. I feel badly to be writing about what's happening on a cruise ship when you are dealing with such issues.😐

Please, please don't feel bad.

That's life and one of the main reasons I'm trying to very much limit speaking of my "tale"... Don't want to be a "party pooper" due to events beyond mine and every body's else control.

Enjoy every minute of your cruise, and I'm so glad that CC "smiled" to you 😘

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601

It helps a lot. That's my favorite place to be on those days - speaking of or virtually taking a cruise.

Pic below, taken during our flight to Amsterdam, kind of reflects our mood. This huge blanket of dark clouds. 

That's life and one of the main reasons I'm trying to very much limit speaking of my "tale"... Don't want to be a "party pooper" due to events beyond mine and every body's else control.

You are never a party pooper. We want you to share. It will lighten your heart. You and us.....we are all like family.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601

You are not a party pooper. It is actually amazing to have the perspective of someone living through this instead of just the spin that TV news chooses to give to us. You bring reality to this mess.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm always a little disappointed when I don't get whistled at.

You're not trying hard enough. 😜

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure if there is enough alcohol on this ship for that to happen.😊

Again, you're not trying hard enough. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I bought a tank top in harmony logo in December for 6 dollars 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If anyone has any questions about Coco Cay I'd be glad to try to help. I was thinking about maybe starting a thread comparing CC with Labadee. Maybe it will happen... maybe not.

20240204_160944.thumb.jpg.59cf001270717f730911cefa7f76cf53.jpg

OB, During your Coco Cay exploration, did you make it all the way to South Beach?  There used to be an area on the right of South Beach called Cove Beach, and that was often reserved for a crew area, But I heard that they were developing another area for the crew.  I'm wondering if you noticed if this "Cove Beach"  was still a crew only area or if it was now public?  How quiet was that area?

Thanks, and great pics so far!!!

dp

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@dani negreanu

Just to repeat what others have said, you are not a "party pooper" so please, please, please do not limit your speaking of your "tale".   We care and are concerned for you and want to know what it going on in your life, the good, the bad and the ugly. So share as much as you'd like. I'm always glad to see a post from you, no matter the subject.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, dpostman said:

OB, During your Coco Cay exploration, did you make it all the way to South Beach?  There used to be an area on the right of South Beach called Cove Beach, and that was often reserved for a crew area, But I heard that they were developing another area for the crew.  I'm wondering if you noticed if this "Cove Beach"  was still a crew only area or if it was now public?  How quiet was that area?

Thanks, and great pics so far!!!

dp

Yes, I did go out to South Beach (I think this area is most like the Labadee experience.... very quiet) and the Cove is right after that. The Cove is available to use and it is as far as you can go. Beyond that area the are working on something but I don't know what it is to become.

20240204_091335.thumb.jpg.bb7761fdf773a0be9276f38eaaafff9e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@dani negreanu

Just to repeat what others have said, you are not a "party pooper" so please, please, please do not limit your speaking of your "tale".   We care and are concerned for you and want to know what it going on in your life, the good, the bad and the ugly. So share as much as you'd like. I'm always glad to see a post from you, no matter the subject.

@HBE4  HB, you have no idea how much your kind and reassuring words, and all the others' -- too many to quote -- are encouraging and heart warming. A BIG thank you to everyone of you.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3