Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Personally I think it needs snipping. He's three in April and it's never been cut. I'm forever tucking it behind his ears or pushing it out if his eyes.  Tempted to send him home with it pulled into a pony tail 🤔 

My son's first haircut was around 15-18 months as I recall.  My MIL saved some of the curls, she was so sad to see them go!  

It's amazing how just a simple haircut can change them from "baby" to "toddler" in just a matter of minutes!

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@akcruz I'm also interested in what you liked most about your trip.  We're still relative newcomers to Florida and are always looking for someplace that we can visit for a long weekend.  

If you are ever in the Panhandle visit Pensacola.  There is Fort Pickens, Pensacola Beach, downtown Pensacola, Fort Barrancas and the naval air museum located within NAS Pensacola.  Close  by is the Blackwater River park system and Navarre Beach.  Big fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Are you really this close to the ships, Arzeena?  Thank you for sharing the pictures of the ships as they pass by!

I am on Fort Lauderdale Beach at the Conrad. And my cellphone camera is excellent. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Meet Kelly (as in Clarkson).  She showed up on the back porch, starving yesterday morning.  I will call the vet tomorrow morning and get her in for a complete check up asap.  

20240203_073545.thumb.jpg.4d75eb7bcf770e9851a18ca6fef8215a.jpg

What a sweet face!!  How lucky she is!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Crazy Weather, watching the weather channel......Tornado Warning in Miami, Florida

The storm should be there in the next 10 minutes.

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

Look at the heavy traffic going into the port!!

Looks like 7 ships presently in port right now.

Can't see a single thing right now on the cam, all the ships have disappeared!!

at 11:21am  Eastern Time  Complete White Out!!

Edited by Jimbo

Good morning!  We finally had two great, sunny pool days on both Friday and Saturday.  This morning, we pulled our hurricane shutters down while the rain pounded our area, along with a Tornado watch.  All is good now, we're just expecting rain for the rest of today, as well as tomorrow.  In all of our years since coming here (since 2001), we have never had as much rain and cool to cold weather in the month of January as we've experienced this year.  Again,  I'm not complaining...we'd much rather be here for the Winter as opposed to being back up North.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

If you are ever in the Panhandle visit Pensacola.  There is Fort Pickens, Pensacola Beach, downtown Pensacola, Fort Barrancas and the naval air museum located within NAS Pensacola.  Close  by is the Blackwater River park system and Navarre Beach.  Big fun!

Thanks for the suggestion.  Sounds like several interesting things to do there.  We don't think about visiting the panhandle as much as we should.  Pensacola is only about 5.5 hours away taking I-10, which also happens to be the name of my current favorite IPA. 😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

In all of our years since coming here (since 2001), we have never had as much rain

The last time we had 14 days of continuous rain was .... 1992. Usually we have a couple of days and then sunshine.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Meet Kelly (as in Clarkson).  She showed up on the back porch, starving yesterday morning.  I will call the vet tomorrow morning and get her in for a complete check up asap.  

20240203_073545.thumb.jpg.4d75eb7bcf770e9851a18ca6fef8215a.jpg

She looks like she can’t believe her luck. Will you adopt her? I’m sure you will at least foster her until she gets her forever home.

• Like 5

Our grandson and granddaughter stayed overnight at our house Friday night.  They wanted to go to a really expensive restaurant for breakfast on Saturday morning, so we found them this one.   

IMG_0621.thumb.jpeg.b3f419b46a714ecbfe3bbc96c06a9a48.jpeg

We got lucky, because the meals they ordered were less than $899.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Sounds like several interesting things to do there.  We don't think about visiting the panhandle as much as we should.  Pensacola is only about 5.5 hours away taking I-10, which also happens to be the name of my current favorite IPA. 😁

It does get colder here but spring and fall are lovely times to visit.  It takes awhile in the spring for the gulf to warm up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

She looks like she can’t believe her luck. Will you adopt her? I’m sure you will at least foster her until she gets her forever home.

She is a keeper.  So sweet and loving.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

I honestly don't know why I like to torture myself. My legs still feel numb. They aren't adjusting to the water temp. It's freezing. 🥶  It's not crowded like it usually is. I'm sure the weather is keeping people out. At least I'm getting to use some of my Icon swag. To top it off I had to order a frozen drink. The waterproof bag works. I didn't trust it with my phone, so I only put some tip money in it.

20240204_124100.thumb.jpg.07875895cdf19076a067675ff5b97259.jpg

• Like 13

43 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Oh my gosh, she's adorable. She found her new home. 😻

• Like 7

We were pulling into our driveway after breakfast, and the grandkids saw a large bird in one of the trees in our front yard.  I look at it, and I say “that is a Cooper’s Hawk”

Our granddaughter says “Cooper’s **** !”  (Although what she said was not hawk, but something that rhymes with it.).  Of course, our grandson starts laughing, and he tries to correct her.  She tries again, and it she repeats several times “cooper’s ****, cooper’s ****”.  By now, Susan and I are laughing along with our grandson. 

Finally, our grandson says “stop it, the way you are saying it is a bad word.” 

I guess they haven’t taught that word in 3rd grade yet.  I won’t put the word there, because I want to pass GO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

31 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I honestly don't know why I like to torture myself. My legs still feel numb. They aren't adjusting to the water temp. It's freezing. 🥶  It's not crowded like it usually is. I'm sure the weather is keeping people out. At least I'm getting to use some of my Icon swag. To top it off I had to order a frozen drink. The waterproof bag works. I didn't trust it with my phone, so I only put some tip money in it.

20240204_124100.thumb.jpg.07875895cdf19076a067675ff5b97259.jpg

Poor dear. 🤪

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good morning!  We finally had two great, sunny pool days on both Friday and Saturday.  This morning, we pulled our hurricane shutters down while the rain pounded our area, along with a Tornado watch.  All is good now, we're just expecting rain for the rest of today, as well as tomorrow.  In all of our years since coming here (since 2001), we have never had as much rain and cool to cold weather in the month of January as we've experienced this year.  Again,  I'm not complaining...we'd much rather be here for the Winter as opposed to being back up North.

Maryann, please get that FL weather straightened out before we get there Feb 21st!

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The last time we had 14 days of continuous rain was .... 1992. Usually we have a couple of days and then sunshine.

Dani - how are you and your DH doing?

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Our grandson and granddaughter stayed overnight at our house Friday night.  They wanted to go to a really expensive restaurant for breakfast on Saturday morning, so we found them this one.   

Yum. Bob Evans was a regular stop for us on our many trips to WVU.  We have none around here. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Ohh The ever-important decimal point strikes again!  😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Ahh, the poor baby.      She Definitely found the right house for help🥰

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Today we are dealing with a clogged shower drain.    It had been slow the last couple of days and I had put some baking soda and vinegar in the drain yesterday hoping that would help but Nope.   Today the shower floor overflowed into the bathroom floor while I was showering and we had a "rain shower" in the basement.    Thankful our master bedroom/bathroom is on the first floor and we don't have to deal with any leakage from a 2nd floor bathroom.    We have extra ceiling tile for the basement we can pop in after everything is dried.

Eric went out and bought a drum auger and is going to try now.  If that doesn't work we will call a plumber tomorrow.    Homeownership is always fun!

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think it still is just a joke, and they are being funny...Not an actual advertisement for swinging. 😄

I think it’s a joke, but also an invitation.  

I guess we have to wait to see what color loofa they hang on their door handle. The following is the golf cart loofa guide. 

IMG_3363.thumb.jpeg.04e706b960fa253d8ec7db8e1dfccd22.jpeg

• Haha 11