Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

One of the shows was speculating it is bladder cancer, because it was something they may see when he was in for his prostate. 

I had not thought of that one.  I was speculating more towards Colorectal.

dp

• Like 1

For some reason I was never a big fan of Bolaro's but I have found it a nice quiet place in the late afternoon. I've also discovered the Hotel Nacional. No you cannot book a room like at the Hotel California.

20240206_153345.thumb.jpg.f449a71791b41a84c341fde0d9ca9347.jpg

20240206_151936.thumb.jpg.f2e4bb4c0828d5e4db471f2ade29bc3f.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

One of the shows was speculating it is bladder cancer, because it was something they may see when he was in for his prostate. 

Well, often when cancers are found "by accident" when looking at other issues, and before there are any symptoms, is when treatment is most effective and the best outcomes are achieved.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The news about Toby Keith had not made it to me yet. Sorry to hear that. I liked some of his songs. I don't like country music that has a lot of "twange" to it.

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

My husband and I went to 4 or 5 Toby Keith concerts.  Fun and entertaining singer. Sad. 🎵  💙 

My DW was a country music fan and introduced me to Toby Keith's music with this song. Said it reminded her of us. 😃  I was hooked & became a big fan.

I have fond memories of the 5 or 6 TK concerts I've gone to so this news hits a little close to the heart.  Always wanted to take Little HBE4 to one of his concerts so she could experience what her mom did. I guess I'll need to take her to a Garth Brooks show, which was DW true country music love. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My DW was a country music fan and introduced me to Toby Keith's music with this song. Said it reminded her of us. 😃  I was hooked & became a big fan.

I have fond memories of the 5 or 6 TK concerts I've gone to so this hits a little close to the heart.  Always wanted to take Little HBE4 to one of his concerts so she could experience what her mom did. I guess I'll need to take her to a Garth Brooks show, which was DW true country music love. 🙂

Should Have Been A Cowboy is the ring tone on my phone.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had a pretty angry ocean on Odyssey last night and the sun deck was closed due to wind.

Captain announced that the ocean will be angry this evening and tonight, so the ship will sail slow and steady, and we will reach Jamaica one hour later than scheduled. And will stay an extra hour. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Captain announced that the ocean will be angry this evening and tonight, so the ship will sail slow and steady, and we will reach Jamaica one hour later than scheduled. And will stay an extra hour. 

We are in totally flat ocean now. There was zero breeze going across the ship and it got VERY hot in the sun. However, we are a lot further south than you, well below Jamaica.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

For some reason I was never a big fan of Bolaro's but I have found it a nice quiet place in the late afternoon. I've also discovered the Hotel Nacional.

Bolaro’s was my favorite place to get a Hurricane.  

Come to think of it, I think I have a favorite drink at each bar.

• Like 4

We are on Oasis and are currently “stuck “ at Coco Cay. Weather wasn’t great, but sun had begun to shine when about 12:30 they announced they were closing Coco Cay and return to the ship immediately.  The waves were very big and we got drenched on the pier.  About 1:30 the captain announced we were leaving as soon as Freedom was away.  They left (they were on the leeward side).  It’s now 5:00 and we’re still here.  Rumor has it that the thrusters couldn’t move us away from the pier.  Not sure what happens now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, ATG said:

We are on Oasis and are currently “stuck “ at Coco Cay. Weather wasn’t great, but sun had begun to shine when about 12:30 they announced they were closing Coco Cay and return to the ship immediately.  The waves were very big and we got drenched on the pier.  About 1:30 the captain announced we were leaving as soon as Freedom was away.  They left (they were on the leeward side).  It’s now 5:00 and we’re still here.  Rumor has it that the thrusters couldn’t move us away from the pier.  Not sure what happens now.

WEather station on Coco Cay indicates 50mph wind out of the NW, gusts at 55mph.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IBERRY34

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

One thing I know about VV is they don’t have announcements all throughout the day like we are accustomed to on Royal.  15 days to my first hand experience 😃

VV don’t have a cruise director either.  8 days for me 🥂Was only going to post photos here of my private day tour in Burnie, Tasmania  but if anyone wants photos from the cruise itself posted here, let me know.  (This is a Royal thread after all)598E05C0-717F-4914-B1C7-4AA9A3D7143F.thumb.jpeg.7f07613adf8e86995d88276f8988baae.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ATG said:

I could not imagine how you’d feel after your adventures today. It tells you the strength of the wind and waves, if the power of Oasis can’t beat the force against the side of the ship.  Granted, it is a small building.  Hopefully the winds will let up and you can soon be on your way. I guess it could be a wavy night for you all as well. 

I found this photo on-line and thanks goes out to Tim.

IMG_3367.thumb.jpeg.2c0e693d08f90e1848187410b1be1a7b.jpeg

• Like 11

On 2/1/2024 at 5:53 PM, Jimbo said:

Probably get you a game or 2 of Monopoly too, take it from someone who knows...............

Are you getting close to taking that month long vacation or not yet?

• Haha 2

On 2/1/2024 at 9:19 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!   Congratulations🤩

Thanks, I had to book an extra cruise this past November to have the correct points. We met a lady that had to do the same thing to get her 1400 points block and stratum.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I played golf this morning in very windy conditions.  Pretty consistently more than 20 mph and often gusting even higher.  I took this quick video of the ocean.  The sea was angry that day, my friends. 

George Costanza Marine Biologist.  If you know, you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6