Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you! I’ll report in after I get home from surgery.

Is the plan to do this laproscopically? If so then the procedure has a much easier recovery than years ago. This should be a piece of cake compared to your knees.

• Like 9

Our cabin has finally been confirmed on our Spectrum cruise. It was the one which showed with the bar code hack. So thanks for the assistance with that. But what's annoyed me is that b4 it was 'revealed' the royalup to OV with large balcony started at £35pp. I put in a bid for £45pp. That bid has now been cancelled by RC due to 'a change in your reservation' and now starts at £70pp if I want to bid again. 

I'm happy enough with the room but a bit concerned it's connecting so there may be noise 

It's only a four night cruise. I've never done such a short one before.  Does anyone know if we can still bring our two bottles of wine and will we get diamond wifi for these short cruises?

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you! I’ll report in after I get home from surgery.

Wish you the best of luck, a safe surgery, a fast recovery and a happy Valentine's Day! Your two puppy nurses will be looking after you well.

How is Linda doing with her rehab?

• Like 6

Bought the Samsung Galaxy S23 at  Best Buy for  my Wife, rather then purchase those per say free phone offers, thought it was best to just buy the phone outright rather then change our Mobile Phone deal with Xfinity which we now currently have for 2 years, for $63.00 total for 2 phones, Unlimited Phone , Calls and Data.

Her new phone arrives tomorrow. I'm hoping the Geeks at Best Buy can get all the info off the old phone and transfer it to the new phone, even with it now not operating properly.

I will just keep my Samsung Galaxy S10 until it fails, I will most likely get the newer Samsung Galaxy S24 when the time comes.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm impressed and happy he knows your Sis Debbie.   I cannot wait to meet my BIL on the next Bella sailing😍

Yes, he says he is looking forward to meeting the blonde blue eyed sister of his brunette brown eyed wife too!😁
I am so glad I get to meet you on Bella 2 finally!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

Greg, I'll be thinking about your tomorrow.

Sending positive thoughts across the pond for a successful and painless surgery 🤞

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Everyone in our house will be thinking about you tomorrow. 

43 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Add me to the crowd wishing you the best tomorrow.  

35 minutes ago, sgmn said:

+1, good luck Greg 👍 

29 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is the plan to do this laproscopically? If so then the procedure has a much easier recovery than years ago. This should be a piece of cake compared to your knees.

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wish you the best of luck, a safe surgery, a fast recovery and a happy Valentine's Day! Your two puppy nurses will be looking after you well.

How is Linda doing with her rehab?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes before surgery tomorrow. I’m ready to get this hernia repaired as I have been uncomfortable for the last 4 months. I’m glad it’s going to be done laparoscopy with a faster recovery time. My only concern is that I hope I will not sneeze for several days. I remember after my first hernia and sneezing. Boy did that hurt!

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Our cabin has finally been confirmed on our Spectrum cruise. It was the one which showed with the bar code hack. So thanks for the assistance with that. But what's annoyed me is that b4 it was 'revealed' the royalup to OV with large balcony started at £35pp. I put in a bid for £45pp. That bid has now been cancelled by RC due to 'a change in your reservation' and now starts at £70pp if I want to bid again. 

I'm happy enough with the room but a bit concerned it's connecting so there may be noise 

It's only a four night cruise. I've never done such a short one before.  Does anyone know if we can still bring our two bottles of wine and will we get diamond wifi for these short cruises?

Have a wonderful cruise Sue and Gary! We hope to see some pictures.

I believe you will get the wifi. We did on a 4 night on the Independence last September.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

I don't think it is greedy to want to make as much as you can.  If the owners are willing to pay then why not take the money.  

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't look at it as them being greedy.  It's more like their business managers promoting and having them do more to make more.   

It is more likely a greedy manager.   

t get paid for their performances.  They view it as free marketing for the "stars" to perform.

That's the way I see it.  If someone is going to offer me $5 million per year to work for them, I'm not going to say "No thanks, I'm fine with minimum wage".

Especially if the person hiring me is going to make $100 million off my work in the form of ticket sales, TV rights, merchandising, etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Amy wife has left the living room and gone upstairs to clean before because the game was nerve wracking. I completely understand. Last night we rewatched the game so we could de-stress and enjoy the game.

Chiefs win & you have a clean upstairs. Sounds like a win-win!

Good luck tomorrow.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Bought the Samsung Galaxy S23 at  Best Buy for  my Wife, rather then purchase those per say free phone offers, thought it was best to just buy the phone outright rather then change our Mobile Phone deal with Xfinity which we now currently have for 2 years, for $63.00 total for 2 phones, Unlimited Phone , Calls and Data.

Her new phone arrives tomorrow. I'm hoping the Geeks at Best Buy can get all the info off the old phone and transfer it to the new phone, even with it now not operating properly.

I will just keep my Samsung Galaxy S10 until it fails, I will most likely get the newer Samsung Galaxy S24 when the time comes.

Let me know how she likes her new phone. I also have the Galaxy S10(e) which is slightly smaller than the regular S10. I love it & it's the perfect size. However,  I keep getting tempting offers from Verizon (my current carrier) and T-Mobile via AAA and AARP discounts.  Since the S24 just came out, they are still charging top dollar.  I'll probably wait until summer when they are giving it away.

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes before surgery tomorrow. I’m ready to get this hernia repaired as I have been uncomfortable for the last 4 months. I’m glad it’s going to be done laparoscopy with a faster recovery time. My only concern is that I hope I will not sneeze for several days. I remember after my first hernia and sneezing. Boy did that hurt!

Add our wish’s for a smooth surgery and fast recovery and hopefully you can enjoy your parade , although taping it is a good idea. 

• Like 2

Just now, George C said:

Add our wish’s for a smooth surgery and fast recovery and hopefully you can enjoy your parade , although taping it is a good idea. 

Thanks George! They have closed most of the schools for the day. Should be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up. The weather looks like it will be good. Last year’s  parade was freezing cold.

• Like 3

So far about 10 inches of snow has fallen with another 3 hours to go. 

Its coming down fast & furious.  Plow went by about 20 minutes ago & the road is completely covered.  Look closely and you may see a hint of blacktop.

20240213_092406.thumb.jpg.08946e1bb04db6f5bc7ca6a77c1680c4.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm not sure if different rules apply for Singapore sailing and carrying on wine.    But you should be fine with your diamond wifi.   We've done 5 day cruises to Bermuda and we're able to get our free wifi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Add to me to the list of well wishers.   You've got this😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just cancelled the office for today. The relaxed feeling that I had from last week at least lasted half way through yesterday.🙄

Did it start snowing there?    I attempted to get to work.  Roads got bad quick around me.  I got stuck ontop of buckingham mountain and ended up sliding down the hill and hit a street sign pole and mailbox.   My passenger side mirror now hanging off.   

Made it home slowly.  Will check out damage when it stops snowing.  Tomorrow I'll stop by the mailbox house.   From what I saw my car got the worst of it.  Their box was still standing.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Let me know how she likes her new phone. I also have the Galaxy S10(e) which is slightly smaller than the regular S10. I love it & it's the perfect size. However,  I keep getting tempting offers from Verizon (my current carrier) and T-Mobile via AAA and AARP discounts.  Since the S24 just came out, they are still charging top dollar.  I'll probably wait until summer when they are giving it away.

Found the S24 for $689 which includes tax unlocked brand new.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't look at it as them being greedy.  It's more like their business managers promoting and having them do more to make more.   

It is more likely a greedy manager.   

I was surprised to learn that half-time stars do not get paid for their performances.  They view it as free marketing for the "stars" to perform.

I read that Taylor Swift refuses to perform half-time.  If there is one performer who does NOT need marketing, it's her.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Let me add my and Jack's well wishes for a successful surgery and swift recovery.  You've got this.  No more pain!

• Like 4