Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I have the same "specimen" (only he's 71 😉) and same stubbornness....

May be we can "sell" them -- 2 for the price of one 😁

At least he has "golden hands" and saves us tons of moneys in terms of skipping handymen .... 

Oh yeah, he is a handy man alright.  But some of his projects he was always able to do, he thinks he can still do, and I worry that the body and mind are not matching up sometimes..  "Specimen" is right.  😄   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Oh yeah, he is a handy man alright.  But some of his projects he was always able to do, he thinks he can still do, and I worry that the body and mind are not matching up sometimes..  "Specimen" is right.  😄   

Hey, I resemble those comments. 🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hey you wanted me to prove what I was saying with a picture.  I already posted that my feelings of being scared of him doing that.  You should have seen him climb all over our old screen enclosed pool area at the old house!!  😮  Fortunately he is finished, and the panel is replaced with a new one now, so he is off the roof.  😳

Open the windows to the screens???   This is a screen enclosed outside courtyard.   Perhaps you are not familiar with those?  Much like the screen enclosed pool areas at many houses here in Florida.  

image.jpeg.1330af3df169d0a76a0a203612c116de.jpegimage.jpeg.fb31039907fab801d942fbe5a1f73227.jpeg

I don't like heights and I wouldn't have been up there Pat so Respect to Bucky but can understand your worries.

Nice building and garden.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't like heights and I wouldn't have been up there Pat so Respect to Bucky but can understand your worries.

Nice building and garden.

Thanks!  Oh yeah, he knows I worry.  😉  But, damn...he is just too old to spank!  😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Oh yeah, he knows I worry.  😉  But, damn...he is just too old to spank!  😄 

My late dad when he was in his 80s would climb all over their house roof but he was a lot lighter and nimbler than me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am still trying to "re-train" Bucky...but it's a tough job.  😉 

Us guys can be stubborn. My wife tells me after I complain about my knee's hurting after mowing the lawn that I should hire some kid to do it. I say I'm cheap and don't want to pay for something I can do myself. She replies, "It's your knees, not mine."😁

• Like 3

I have a neighbor in his 90’s, and he still climbs up on his second story roof a couple times a year.  Some of us neighbors try to watch out for him, and do what he needs done.  

Sad thing is, none of us are getting any younger either. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We have never tried the WJ for dinner so we will have to try it. I think the way to do it is to eat like you do at 8pm after the rush. We tried WJ one time at breakfast  and it was a zoo. We couldn't find a vacant table. people were crowding at the food counters. It was quite the mess.

If you get up when I do the Windjammer is quite pleasant for breakfast also.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

This is a screen enclosed outside courtyard. 

Nice pool, Pat. Like it -- I could "squeeze" in some laps 😁 

My cousin in Germany has an indoor heated pool of ~49 feet. I'm swimming "diagonally" and manage to "get in" 5 laps 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Us guys can be stubborn. My wife tells me after I complain about my knee's hurting after mowing the lawn that I should hire some kid to do it. I say I'm cheap and don't want to pay for something I can do myself. She replies, "It's your knees, not mine."😁

LOL...you married a "keeper".  😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you get up when I do the Windjammer is quite pleasant for breakfast also.

I am a "morning person" as well, and like the quiet early mornings.  I leave the cabin to get some coffee in our travel mugs, get back to wake "sleeping beauty", then we walk around the deck to watch the sunrise. 

Nice to go to breakfast after that.  Most times they don't open in time before my tummy growls.  😉  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I remember you be an early riser. What time do you usually go?

I am up on deck by 5AM. If I am having breakfast in the Windjammer I get there as it opens. If I am on an Oasis class ship it is usually the Solarium cafe for breakfast.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Nice pool, Pat. Like it -- I could "squeeze" in some laps 😁 

My cousin in Germany has an indoor heated pool of ~49 feet. I'm swimming "diagonally" and manage to "get in" 5 laps 😉

LOL...no that's not my pool. I found those pictures off the web to show as an example of what I was talking about.  😊

Actually the screen enclosed pool we had at the old house 6 years ago was bigger, with an outdoor kitchen and hot tub.  😉  I don't miss it, was too much to worry about when we traveled.   

• Haha 1