Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

She's the best. I am very lucky.

I feel the same about Bucky.  I told my Dad when I introduced him to Bucky... "Dad, one thing for sure...I will never be bored".  😉 

25th coming up on the first of June.  🥰

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Congratulations to you. Our Anniversary is in October and that's  when we usually cruise. Makes for a nice gift to yourselves.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Our anniversary is October 2nd when is yours?

Ours is the 18th of October. Perfect time of year to get married, not too hot , not too cold. On our Honeymoon cruise to the Greek Isles, the weather was perfect.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations to you. Our Anniversary is in October and that's  when we usually cruise. Makes for a nice gift to yourselves.

Yeah, we were all excited about doing the Allure for our anniversary (and my birthday four days later).  My sister and bro in law coming with us also.   The cruise was a replacement for the Hawaii trip.  Now they are both cancelled...sigh. 😞 

Bar Harbor Maine instead now.  

Have done Lift and Shift to same cabin, same time of year for next year.  Allure to Harmony on that one for 2022.  

Happy anniversary to you in October!  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

He is 70 years old, and still thinks he is an invincible young man.  Scares the crap out of me, and he is too stubborn to hire it out.  

He and my mother would make a heck of a team.  I cringe when I hear she was on a  8 foot ladder trying to clean a light in the living room

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Which did you like better?

Morton’s was the better in my opinion.  Sunday night they had a special, for $99.00 per couple they offered choice of salad or soup, filet plus lobster tail or scallops or crab cake, dessert and sides.

They gave us an anniversary menu and took a picture, it was really nice.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Morton’s was the better in my opinion.  Sunday night they had a special, for $99.00 per couple they offered choice of salad or soup, filet plus lobster tail or scallops or crab cake, dessert and sides.

They gave us an anniversary menu and took a picture, it was really nice.

One of the best steaks we had in New York was delmonico’s in lower Manhattan planning on visiting again on next trip. 

• Like 3

Planning a backup trip for a few days in Savannah in July for when our July cruise gets cancelled😇  Looks like 2 days in Savannah incl parking will be about the same as our 4 night soon to be cancelled cruise

Edited by molly361
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

That is what I have been enjoying doing for the last few years -until COVID caught up. Our anniversary is 2nd November and it is great doing the last or second to last Med cruise of the year.  We got storms a couple of years ago so Naples was cancelled, but it was not bad.  We much prefer to those blazing hot July cruises we did when DH was a school teacher.  

• Like 2

So tomorrow is a Bank Holiday in Gibraltar.  International Workers Day!  No one does anything.  Not even sure how many international workers we have in Gibraltar, but it is their day.  It is a nuisance because 2 days later it would make a great long weekend to go with May Day.  Sort of splits up the week in an inconvenient way as far as I am concerned, but I am coming up to retirement when it seems that everyday is a holiday.  So whatever.  

• Like 5

@h20skibumAfter reading your post I decided to check out the ipad to see if I could view videos there and surprisingly or not, Graham's videos which I can see fine on the Win 10 were an arrow like yours but I was able to click on both and see both.  Thanks!

That was some tree work! 

I also copied and pasted the hint, I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you get up when I do the Windjammer is quite pleasant for breakfast also.

We always get the hot breakfast room service and sit on our balcony to eat it.

We usually get the breakfast delivery between 7.30-8.00am.

• Like 1

Sounds like Bucky's Dad as well.  😉 

My dad was a maintenance electrician in a local shipyard and often went up to high area's in ships being built and crane's setting up the electrical lighting cables, welding cables etc.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, Sea Dog said:

Tonight we are going over to some dear friends of ours for dinner. The host is making carne asada tacos, with another couple making a ceviche salad. I decided to be a mad scientist a make some Mexican cheesy corn in a crock pot. I basically took parts of 3 different recipes to make this. It turned out really good. . 

79619371_MexicanCheeseyCorn.thumb.jpg.f698812e41450ea998beb107fb6ea32e.jpg

If your interested here's what I did.

Ingredients:

8 ounces bacon

2 pounds sweet corn, very well drained

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 bunch green onion, sliced

1/2  of each Red, Green and Yellow peppers diced

I 4oz can diced green chilies 

salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cayenne to taste

1 stick of butter

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 block cream cheese 8 oz

1/4 cup of sugar

2 ounces mozzarella cheese

4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, 

1. Cook 1/2 Bacon (Cut UP small cubes) to fry iron cask skillet do not fully crisp
  2. When bacon is almost done put 1/2 of your corn in to toast cook till golden brown
  3. add garlic, onion, diced peppers, green chilies, cook 3-4 minutes till veggies soften
  4. push to side and get rid of excess bacon grease with paper towel
  5. Add seasoning, salt, pepper, cayenne
  6. Transfer to croc pot with remaining other half of frozen sweet corn
  7. Add cubed stick of butter and cubed cream cheese
  8. Cook low 2 hours then add 1/4 cup of sugar or to taste
  9. Add cheese.

Waning this is very yummy but not low fat.

:

I was sold at bacon and corn

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am up on deck by 5AM. If I am having breakfast in the Windjammer I get there as it opens. If I am on an Oasis class ship it is usually the Solarium cafe for breakfast.

I remember years ago we didn't get to bed until 5am.😴🥴

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I feel the same about Bucky.  I told my Dad when I introduced him to Bucky... "Dad, one thing for sure...I will never be bored".  😉 

Congratulations in advance Pat.

40th on August 22nd for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I remember years ago we didn't get to bed until 5am.😴🥴

Reminds me of a dear friend of mine who was a sports broadcaster for a professional football team. He was known for his late nights staying up and drinking. When asked what time in the morning he gets up, he replied, "Hell I don't stop throwing up till 10am."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Reminds me of a dear friend of mine who was a sports broadcaster for a professional football team. He was known for his late nights staying up and drinking. When asked what time in the morning he gets up, he replied, "Hell I don't stop throwing up till 10am."

Now that you mention that.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2