Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Sunrise docking in Boston October 2019. Looking across harbor towards Logan airport. 

27726B3C-E5EA-411D-9295-E781BE64196B.jpeg

Beautiful colors and great shot.

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well if you go option 3 we can visit.  So, the weather summer thru September is not rainy.  Not saying it can’t but not for long.  

I can’t believe you go to the shows.  I have gone to several, but a week of them I would want to kill myself.

Do you play golf?  If so Branson is now a home run.  There is a newish park called Dogwood Canyon, and if you like to trout fish and see animals or ride bikes it is amazing.  We have an annual pass, I mostly go and ride my bike (road bicycle not motorcycle), several times a year.  It is beautiful. Tablerock Lake where my lake house is is really nice too in the summer early fall.  Then there is the sister park Wonders of Wildlife aka WOW which is an Aquarium and museum and the granddaddy of outdoor stores, the home office of Bass Pro Shops in Springfield.  Eureka Springs Arkansas is really nice about an hour and some change from Branson.  Then 2 hours, you can go to Rogers Arkansas (home to walmart) and Crystal Bridges a really nice art gallery from Walmart money.  Lots to do there.  

There is zero chance I would recommend #1 NYC is going to be a downer for a long time.  Nothing is open and it will feel like you are in east Berlin.  I like going to the city, but now, no way.

Obviously, Hawaii, always wins.  That said, there is a lot more to Branson than Branson.  Look beyond, and I could recommend it . 

@Tree_skier I was going to say Hawaii, but with the things xpcdoojk listed and the chance to meet another Bella fan I now vote for Branson. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks for this... I just nailed down a car rental for a week in HNL for ~$400 US for the week just in case.  Maybe it is going to just be one island, we'll see what I can come up with.

1464543201_ScreenShot2021-04-27at7_38_17PM.thumb.png.90e191851118699ec2269a5826c63e68.png

Good deal on the car. 

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Sadly, the zoo is closed and the aquarium no longer keeps any larger aquatic animals so Stanley Park is just a park now. A great park, but only a park.  Lynn Canyon has 4 plaques dedicated to people who died in the canyon.  Sadly, I was there for one and acquainted with another.  Yeah, I wish I had video from when we did all that. The bulk of my time doing that was go-pro and internet as well.

The aquarium sold last week or the week before to a US group. Here’ ,a story. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7759931/vancouver-aquarium-sold-us-company-tourism/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today one of our local news stations had a story on some of the new shortages that could occur in the next few weeks related to COVID. 
It dealt with more families are turning to gardening vegetables/herbs as a source of outdoor activities as well as reaping the harvest. The reporter went on to say expect shortages of vegetable plants due to surge of sales. 
So I grabbed my purse and headed off to the local nursery.  Upon arrival almost every parking spot was full. I’m thinking to myself. Damn everyone watched the news. I go in to the green house side. Tons of all varieties of tomatoes/peppers/cauliflower/. I spoke with the attendant and he informed me the rest of his order will be in Friday. I just want cucumbers/ zucchini and yellow squash. 

We usually plant 30 - 40 different vegetable plants. And of course my sunflowers. 

The DH Is filling the garden this week and we will

plant the week before memorial weekend. 

We  usually get a late frost. And want to protect the plants. So they are resting on the front porch. 

4279C386-5FE6-4C31-8E33-353B68228162.jpeg

I started my garden last week.  So far I have planted several varieties of sunflowers seeds, spaghetti squash by seed, cucumber and eggplant plants.I'm waiting for my burpee order of various peppers and tomatoes to arrive.   

Most of my herbs are showing signs of life in my herb bed.  Especially my mint leaves for Mojitos!!

Got our mulch delivery this week, 6 yards to wheel barrow around this weekend.

Plan on garden center tomorrow for my flowers for various planters.  Most of my ground plants are perennials.  Love my daisies!

This morning we are going to my neighbors funeral.  Will be a sad day but getting my flowers and garden planted will remind me to enjoy life.  She always loved my gardening and I used to take her cut flowers and veggies every week.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

the garage:

this is a hallway that holds the stairs and elevator and splits between the garage portion and open space portion

Wait...there’s a elevator in the house? This is the ultimate FL home.

You had me sold with just the garage. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wait...there’s a elevator in the house? This is the ultimate FL home.

You had me sold by the garage. 

The house must be pretty close to some water, garage under the living area. Flood potential.

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

ROTFL

Now that would be an interesting trip if we could go back in time.  You make a good case for Branson.  I think the boss really wants Hawaii.  Branson will come in '22. I'll be in the midwest Feb thru May.  We'll squeeze it in then. I'd love to meet up.  How close to Branson are you?

40 miles north. AKA Springfield, SE side

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I still use my Galaxy S8. Thinking about getting an S21 only because my battery is getting weaker.

My battery is getting a little weak, not to bad. My issue is I need more phone memory for my plethora of apps. Never would have thought that 64GB wouldn't be enough🤣🤣

Just now, John&LaLa said:

My battery is getting a little weak, not to bad. My issue is I need more phone memory for my plethora of apps. Never would have thought that 64GB wouldn't be enough🤣🤣

The S9 has a expandable memory though, right? I have a 128GB SD card in my phone. That is one of my concerns with upgrading. Samsung has eliminated the expandable memory. I have my music and photos on the card. I still take photos with a regular camera when it is with me but more and more I depend on my phone. My I-Pod also gets very little use these days.

I have read reviews that say the S8-10 phones are actually better from a hardware perspective than the S21 but the software is lagging way behind now. But this phone still does everything I need it to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

The S9 has a expandable memory though, right? I have a 128GB SD card in my phone. That is one of my concerns with upgrading. Samsung has eliminated the expandable memory. I have my music and photos on the card. I still take photos with a regular camera when it is with me but more and more I depend on my phone. My I-Pod also gets very little use these days.

I have read reviews that say the S8-10 phones are actually better from a hardware perspective than the S21 but the software is lagging way behind now. But this phone still does everything I need it to do.

You have to keep apps on the main phone, not on the micro SD. Happy with the overall phone, just need to clean it up I guess. 

One solution to your battery issue is a battery case. I got one for Laura's phone. It's a little bulky, but that is driven by capacity. 

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a s8 or s9 and like having the micro sd card, I have no desire to store stuff on the cloud. 

I recently cleaned up apps that I really dont need. 

Making sure I dont have a bunch of stuff running behind scenes definitely helps with battery.  Right now my battery lasts a full day.    

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

I know people have been posting photos of their plants. My joy is growing peonies. This particular variety has a presidential backstory. I received this plant (tuber) from local a grower 20+ years ago. Ever since Jimmy Carter was president, they have been the official peony provider to the White House Florist. They are used in arrangements for state dinners and White House decor. 

Peonies2.JPG

Peonies4.JPG

Beautiful!!!  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm only going tube able to squeeze a week out of the schedule.  Would you still do both?

Since you live in CA, you don't have to suffer as long a flight to get to Hawaii.  I would vote for that.  Would vote for Hawaii anyway, but you have an advantage there.  🙂  Plus you mentioned only having a week...I would think Hawaii then would be the most "bang for the buck".  Enjoy!!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

hahaha Nate too...He picked the house 🙂

I've grown to love it, though. The master suite is it's own floor on the top level....and I've wanted a white kitchen for a long time.

Sounds like the Jefferson's   lol

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You would have to know the person. He is very funny. Meant as a joke he wasn't serious. Lighten up please.

Many years ago we were enjoying blue claw crabs with friends in baltimore harbor and we had several pitches of beer while enjoying a couple dozen crabs.  When done they asked if we wanted to be dropped off at our hotel.  Eric said No, I only like to pass out once a day so we moved onto another bar.  

That comment has stuck with us for many years, always a good laugh.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like the Jefferson's   lol

This is a thread that we have friendly conversations of our day to day life.  It was brought to us by our lovely host Dani.  We have been enjoying it for months now.  If you would like to contribute about your life, we would love to hear about it.  Otherwise:  

What is another word for naysayer?
cynic doubter
misanthrope pessimist
killjoy defeatist
complainer downer
gloomy sourpuss

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Having the elevator will be sweet when bringing your luggage down to ground level for your cruises😀

Yes. this is needed in every cruise household that isn't single level living.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

This is a thread that we have friendly conversations of our day to day life.  It was brought to us by our lovely host Dani.  We have been enjoying it for months now.  If you would like to contribute about your life, we would love to hear about it.  Otherwise:  

What is another word for naysayer?
cynic doubter
misanthrope pessimist
killjoy defeatist
complainer downer
gloomy sourpuss

If you were referring to me, you are way off base with that comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1