Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Welcome to Dani's refuge of solitude and peace.  All acrimony and angst must be left at the door. Don't miss the 10:45 am sinigng of Kum by ya.

Ooohhhmmm.... Oooohhmmm....find your center, discover your peace.  ✌️☮️ 😁

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

That is so refreshing.  When discussing travel in the past (13 + months ago) with other CC members I seemed to always come up with people who would talk about doing 2 back to backs and a month on land using carry on only.  I thought I was the only one who had to have more than three changes of clothing on a cruise.  

You are not alone.  😉   Morning clothes, exercise/walking clothes, port clothes, dinner/evening clothes.  😮 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I just got another ‘When will I do this again’ feeling when reading that.  

Apparently from tomorrow we can travel around Andalucia which will make a difference.  We can probably start planning at least a weekend away in the next couple of months.  

Nice, we enjoyed our week in Andalusia back around New Years 2007.  Lovely places to visit.  

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our first cruise was Cape Liberty to Bermuda.  Bermuda is still our favorite!

We love Bermuda too.  We have done the 5 night to Bermuda from Cape Liberty too and a few 7 nights from Boston.  Our favorite was Serenade in 2019, we had three long days in port.  Arrived at 8am, two overnights and left at 5pm on the third day.  We were able to see so much.  I hope they add that itinerary back to the fall Boston ship in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I almost got sucked into one yesterday but managed to restrain myself. 

🙂 

One post and I was gone.

Sometimes you just have to go dancing in the minefields. Occasionally you step on one like our friend M8.

Remember, ships need to leave the safety of their harbors and venture out to the oceans as they were built to do. Some come back wounded. Some never return. However, many come back to rest filled with wondrous stories of their adventures beyond the horizon........ 

Maybe all these sunset pictures are getting to me?🤔😉😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

We love Bermuda too.  We have done the 5 night to Bermuda from Cape Liberty too and a few 7 nights from Boston.  Our favorite was Serenade in 2019, we had three long days in port.  Arrived at 8am, two overnights and left at 5pm on the third day.  We were able to see so much.  I hope they add that itinerary back to the fall Boston ship in the future.

We did the Celebrity seven day the first cruise.  The overnights were great!  We went back to Celebrity a few times and the other Bermuda cruises were on Royal.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Some come back wounded. Some never return. However, many come back to rest filled with wondrous stories of their adventures beyond the horizon........ 

And some (as was my experience) wind up evacuating passengers by helicopter in the middle of a bomb cyclone. Guess those fall under the 'returning wounded' category??  lol....You have a valid point. As the saying goes, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines!"....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

And some (as was my experience) wind up evacuating passengers by helicopter in the middle of a bomb cyclone. Guess those fall under the 'returning wounded' category??  lol....You have a valid point. As the saying goes, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines!"....

Sounds awesome. I hope it wasn't on Formal Night.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

We did the Celebrity seven day the first cruise.  The overnights were great!  We went back to Celebrity a few times and the other Bermuda cruises were on Royal.

I have done NCL to Bermuda out of Boston and will go again on NCL if Royal does go there from Boston.  It was a girls cruise for my Mom's 80th a few years back.  I have finally convinced DH to try another cruise line other than Royal so NCL might be in our future.  Can't beat a 20 minute drive to the port. 😄 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

We went back to Celebrity a few times and the other Bermuda cruises were on Royal.

We're booked on the 10-night Celebrity Bermuda out of Cape Liberty (was canceled and rescheduled to next year). Really looking forward to it but just seems so far away yet!  

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sometimes you just have to go dancing in the minefields. Occasionally you step on one like our friend M8.

Remember, ships need to leave the safety of their harbors and venture out to the oceans as they were built to do. Some come back wounded. Some never return. However, many come back to rest filled with wondrous stories of their adventures beyond the horizon........ 

Maybe all these sunset pictures are getting to me?🤔😉😇

Ahhh...very poetic!  Nicely said!   But why does this pop into my head now?  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My first 7 day cruise was the Rotterdam from NYC to both Bermuda and Nassau way back in 1977 , repeated in 1978 and have cruised Bermuda several times since , loved living in New York City , pier was a short taxi ride away. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds awesome. I hope it wasn't on Formal Night.

It was with Viking - no "formal nights", thankfully. You sound like my brother - he still says he is "so jealous of me having to be pulled off that ship"...Told him I would have gladly traded places. It was...not alot of fun. Many people I've told about it assume that the pax were in small cages to be pulled up to the helicopter...nope....a harness around the arms and waist - the instruction to put both hands on the rope and hang on tight....then watch the slack go out of the rope and OFF YOU GO in the midst of whatever category force the winds were. Freezing cold. No time to even go back to our room to get a coat or jacket. Even colder once in the chopper. Sort of twisted and turned a bit on the way up. And I don't even like roller coasters!!!!!  Truly the most terrifying thing I've ever had to do. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sometimes I forget something upstairs in the bedroom and just one set of stairs makes me wonder how badly I really need that thing.🙄

After countless years of multi story homes, we went single level 9 years ago

• Like 4

@Tree_skier, it looks like I am a little late on answering which island if you only have a week.  Well, maybe not late, but there were a couple hundred posts since yesterday, and I just got caught up.  It looks like you settled on Oahu.  There is plenty to do there, and you would be there anyway if you do Pearl Harbor.  

If you do want to see the active volcano, you could do it on a day trip.  Just book an early flight and a late return flight the same day.   You should be able to get round trip air from Honolulu to the Big Island and back for around 100/pp.  You could get a day tour of many of the sites for a reasonable cost.

I know there is one agency that will do a day trip there that includes round trip air, helicopter flight at the volcano, plus ground tours to several popular spots for around $800/pp.  Something to think about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2004corvette said:

ahhhh perhaps it is time for a few to take a "chill pill" 😃

many of us take a cruise to relax or (a little R & R as many say)......

so being a cruise related thread on CC that so many enjoy, do not make the seas turbulent take a deep breath (of course with no mask) and another deep breath and continue the CC voyage upon calm seas....😀

Cheers to All......🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻🥂🥃🥤

Scott

I was beginning to think this thread needed a Bella pic to calm things down.😉😂😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We were on Oahu in 2019 and the Arizona Memorial was closed. We had visited it on previous trips, but if you are going for the memorial, make sure it is open.  We went to the Punchbowl Cemetery in its place.  Lovely cemetery, that is weird to find being right their near Honolulu.  Very strange lovely place.

Last year at this time we were stuck in the Philippines,  our 4/24/20 flight cancelled and rainy season was starting up, had to wait until 6/18/20 to fly to a practically empty JFK.  Gonna go see some local live free music next week, first time since September, 2019.  Things mellow here in the Lehigh Valley, hoping to cruise out of NYC in December.  84F today, a summer tease.

• Like 3

Ok, so flight is booked.  We're doing 7 days in Honolulu. We leave the day after US Thanksgiving.  IF we're cruising by then I have Liberty of the seas booked 2 weeks after we get back.  That'll be a lot of vacationing over a short period of time.

1049458768_ScreenShot2021-04-28at11_44_53AM.thumb.png.a2ea872950ff12ec09d295b70b06d0f5.png

The option of two islands was sent out the window when I started researching changing my lucky car rental booking.  If I shortened the original booking and then added a new booking for a few day in Kona the price went through ceiling. I'd have been paying more car rentals than airfare and hotel combined. I'm sure this will be a great first experience.  This will give me motivation to try booking another Hawaiian cruise somewhere down the road. 

Thanks for all help and suggesting.

@xpcdoojkWe'll shoot for the March or April in 22 for MO.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We love Bermuda too. 

After three cruises to Bermuda we flew there and spent seven full days.  Rented a small condo from a homeowner for $100 a night.  Even had use of their private swimming pool.  Also rented a scooter for exploring the island.  

Best vacation we've ever had!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, island lady said:

All snow melted?  Bet the weather is gorgeous out there right now!  🙂 

In the valleys where we are, yes. In the Mountains it's slowly melting. Our weather has been all over the charts. Monday and Tuesday rain and cold. Highs in the day only in the low 40's. Today sunny and high 50's. By Saturday high 80's. That's North. Down south mid 90's. I like sun and hot so bring it on mother nature. I'm ready. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

You are not alone.  😉   Morning clothes, exercise/walking clothes, port clothes, dinner/evening clothes.  😮 

That's how we roll (cruise) also. 🍷👍

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2