Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is a refuge from the blood and guts in the virus threads.😇

You got it. 

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Welcome to Dani's refuge of solitude and peace.  All acrimony and angst must be left at the door. Don't miss the 10:45 am sinigng of Kum by ya.

Who’s leading the choir tonight.  😁

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nu'uanu Pali Lookout.

• On the eastern end, it's worth a visit to the Halona Blowhole.

DSC_0777.JPG

36 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Additionally, find the shrimp truck on the NE side of the island.  late afternoon snack at (I think) Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck.  

DSC_0893.JPG

@Tree_skier

If I may add to Bob's list --

* Hanauma Bay

* Byodo-In Temple (and a feisty roster with a nice highlights haircut)

DSC_0780.JPG

DSC_0827.JPG

* Chinaman's Hat

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Exactly, for that reason I intend to spend more time here and less time there. 😆

Welcome to the “family”. Really, there are no sing alongs here but we keep it civil. That’s really the only “rule” here. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Could be cold and rainy some of that time in the early spring.  Not sure how many shows will be open then either.  Most of the shows are just opening now.  Sort of end of April to New Years is the typical schedule. I think.  I know they mostly close after NY.  

I'll plan for the early May.  

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oahu is always a good place to start.  You can try the other islands on future trips.  Other than Honolulu attractions, here are a couple of suggestions for Oahu.

• Pearl Harbor is the top attraction and for good reason.  Very moving experience.  As JC suggested, confirm that it will be open.
  • Do the loop around the north end of the island.  It could take 4-8+ hours depending on how often you stop and traffic around Honolulu, which can get bad at rush hour.
  • On the loop, see the Dole Pineapple Plantation, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, the Banzai Pipeline (waves vary with time of year), the Polynesian Cultural Center, and the Nu'uanu Pali Lookout.
  • On the eastern end, it's worth a visit to the Halona Blowhole.

Thanks for this.  I've copied and pasted this to my things to do file for when we go.  Pearl Harbor was always on the top of my list. Dole pineapple plantation sounds great.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Cincinnati Aquarium is actually in Northern Kentucky (part of the Cincinnati Metro area) because the Cincinnati City Council couldn't get their act together.  

I just went back to my pictures and when you scroll below the picture in my photo stream it shows the map location where the photo was taken.  Sure enough, there we are on the south side of the River. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Ok, so flight is booked.  We're doing 7 days in Honolulu. We leave the day after US Thanksgiving.  IF we're cruising by then I have Liberty of the seas booked 2 weeks after we get back.  That'll be a lot of vacationing over a short period of time.

1049458768_ScreenShot2021-04-28at11_44_53AM.thumb.png.a2ea872950ff12ec09d295b70b06d0f5.png

The option of two islands was sent out the window when I started researching changing my lucky car rental booking.  If I shortened the original booking and then added a new booking for a few day in Kona the price went through ceiling. I'd have been paying more car rentals than airfare and hotel combined. I'm sure this will be a great first experience.  This will give me motivation to try booking another Hawaiian cruise somewhere down the road. 

Thanks for all help and suggesting.

@xpcdoojkWe'll shoot for the March or April in 22 for MO.

Kinda cool in March/April🥶

26 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I am a day and 8 pages late but here’s my contribution.

Sunrise May 8, 2019 Radiance OTS Hawaii Cruise

29BCC011-AFEA-4EDA-BC03-42075242B18B.thumb.jpeg.759ce0f9dfd69b94d9596d02b55b93c1.jpeg

Sunset October 8, 2019 Saint Lawrence River - Adventure OTS Snowbird Migration Cruise 

DFAB3FA8-4E0E-4116-8A25-B88190819166.thumb.jpeg.56c0cbd965ed7f5ea3dc4cfadddcfe63.jpeg

It's never to late for great sunset pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The rumor is never. But one thing I've learned practicing medicine is never say never.

I think its been 30 days

Pretty sure he's not reinventing. 

Actually a shame, he was fun

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is a habit of mine to get up before sunrise, go to the elevator and take a picture of the day that it says on the carpet. That helps to distinguish the photos that I take from day to day, otherwise, it’s all blurred together.  Then I get up to the deck and wait for sunrise to take pictures.  After that, it’s off to the gym to workout before I head to WJ for breakfast.  Then, I go to the DL for my cappuccino.  Sigh.  I miss this so much.

052E22B3-3640-42D0-8EA8-5FD94F1CBD77.thumb.jpeg.acbc9d32a0d930ea09f4c650dcc36790.jpeg

Sydney, Canada October 11, 2019

D8EF1DD5-B0F9-42C2-A871-9BB3722C18FA.thumb.jpeg.58c7c6ee63c171d04ec4ce1d47adf318.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If anyone goes to OAHU, be sure to leave a day open to tour with KOS TOURS.

My wife and I and another couple toured with them for a day in a Hummer. Got to places other tours(guides) can't get to because of the hummer.

https://losttourshawaii.com/

If you are a movie buff , it was a really a neat and interesting day.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You would have to know the person. He is very funny. Meant as a joke he wasn't serious. Lighten up please.

Don’t tell me to lighten up. How was I supposed to know it was a joke? Unfortunately there are plenty of adults who drink until they puke. It’s disgusting mo.

19 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It is a habit of mine to get up before sunrise, go to the elevator and take a picture of the day that it says on the carpet. That helps to distinguish the photos that I take from day to day, otherwise, it’s all blurred together.  Then I get up to the deck and wait for sunrise to take pictures.  After that, it’s off to the gym to workout before I head to WJ for breakfast.  Then, I go to the DL for my cappuccino.  Sigh.  I miss this so much.

052E22B3-3640-42D0-8EA8-5FD94F1CBD77.thumb.jpeg.acbc9d32a0d930ea09f4c650dcc36790.jpeg

Sydney, Canada October 11, 2019

D8EF1DD5-B0F9-42C2-A871-9BB3722C18FA.thumb.jpeg.58c7c6ee63c171d04ec4ce1d47adf318.jpeg

We take a picture of the Cruise Compass for the day to organize the pictures.

Our next cruise is supposed to be Rhapsody’s trans Atlantic this November. I guess it might go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

That is so refreshing.  When discussing travel in the past (13 + months ago) with other CC members I seemed to always come up with people who would talk about doing 2 back to backs and a month on land using carry on only.  I thought I was the only one who had to have more than three changes of clothing on a cruise.  

I’m also amazed at how some people can go with only a carry on. Maybe one of these days I’ll manage to figure it out, but I don’t want to have to constantly wash clothes.

• Like 2

Be sure to ask for Dave Kos to be your guide, he is the owner. We toured with him back in 2007 when he came over from the states with his Hummer and to live on the island full time.

From looking at his current reviews looks like he expanded with more hummers and more guides. So he must be doing really well.

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Looks like a great tour co.  Thank Jim

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m also amazed at how some people can go with only a carry on. Maybe one of these days I’ll manage to figure it out, but I don’t want to have to constantly wash clothes.

I'm a light packer when traveling for work... When traveling for a cruise or extended vacation I'm a heavy packer by some folks' standards.  One full size suitcase and one carry on and sometimes a briefcase for the electronics.  I know that that is excessive. 

I substituted a rucksack for a briefcase on this one. 

IMG_1394.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We love Bermuda too.  We have done the 5 night to Bermuda from Cape Liberty too and a few 7 nights from Boston.  Our favorite was Serenade in 2019, we had three long days in port.  Arrived at 8am, two overnights and left at 5pm on the third day.  We were able to see so much.  I hope they add that itinerary back to the fall Boston ship in the future.

I have not been to Bermuda but would like to some day. Wished Royal did cruises from Miami or Fort Lauderdale to there.

• Like 2