Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Gosh we used to love Bass Pro shop

I have one about 3 miles from my house. I don't fish or hunt but I get a lot of winter clothes from them. Ours has a large aquarium too and a pretty good restaurant. It's huge and they do a very good business.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Another vote for Hawaii. So sorry we had very little time there, and it being so far far away from us, I don't think likely we'll be there again...

We were very much interested in Pearl Harbor and [at the time, 2 months ahead] booked it the minute the schedule was released for our only morning in Honolulu, before boarding the NCL "Pride of America".

We arrived Thursday late afternoon to Honolulu, and spent the following day touring Oahu.

Then, Saturday, very early in the morning we visited Pearl Harbor, which was a very moving experience.

We returned the rental car and the free shuttle took us to the port.

After a very thorough research, we rented all the cars for Maui, BI, Kona and Kauai through this company --

https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/en-us/

Might want to check it too.

I think I just got a lucky glitch with the car rental. I tried your website and their best price for those dates is $790 USD.  I think the intern at Royal who got fired for the $18 DBP now works for Expedia in Canada.  My score 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Home of the "thrown rolls." Good food, fun place but very touristy. They have these incredible baked dinner rolls that they would bring out in a basket and throw to you to catch. The portions are huge so you better be hungry.

I didn't get to look like I do by looking at the pictures.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Exactly, for that reason I intend to spend more time here and less time there. 😆

Welcome to Dani's refuge of solitude and peace.  All acrimony and angst must be left at the door. Don't miss the 10:45 am sinigng of Kum by ya.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hmmm...like "Big Bang Theory".  😉  

Loved the last episode when the elevator started working.  

Hope your power stays on this summer.  🤗 

Suites on most of rccl ships have DVD players so we would bring some of our Big Bang dvds . On there tv they would show the same episode of Big Bang in several different languages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Having the elevator will be sweet when bringing your luggage down to ground level for your cruises😀

That is so refreshing.  When discussing travel in the past (13 + months ago) with other CC members I seemed to always come up with people who would talk about doing 2 back to backs and a month on land using carry on only.  I thought I was the only one who had to have more than three changes of clothing on a cruise.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looking at our photos on this thread, imagine the calendar we could sell to fund our cruises.... Sunrises / Sunsets of the Caribbean. 

This is on our Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Oct 2018

• Like 7

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Gosh we used to love Bass Pro shop.  Indeed the place is huge!  When we spent a lot of time fishing for many years, we called it our "Candy Store".  😄   

Have since sold the fishing boats, and just do the kayaking now.  🙂 

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have one about 3 miles from my house. I don't fish or hunt but I get a lot of winter clothes from them. Ours has a large aquarium too and a pretty good restaurant. It's huge and they do a very good business.

That one near JC's place is known as the Granddaddy of Bass Pro Shops.  I make the other's look like a small corner store.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I stopped at that Bass Pro one time.  That is a two day experience all by itself.  Also there is a restaurant somewhere around there that folks have recommended we go to call Lamberts.  Apparently it is a unique experience.

Lamberts is on the road to Branson.  I have never eaten there.  They throw home made yeast rolls at you.  It is a mass consumption place, but you typically wait in line to get in.  They don’t serve adult beverages, I don’t wait to eat without an adult beverage willingly.  Reminds me of Christmas dinners at the grandparents.  I have outgrown that. 😉. WOW about doubles the size of BP and it is a world class museum, Fishing Hall of Fame is there, and, of course, acres and acres of dead stuffed animals.  Lots of outdoor movies to watch while going thru it.  To do all of WOW would be most of a day.  We blast thru it skipping a lot in a couple of hours.  Annual pass thing.  Dogwood Canyon is part of BP.  It is a beautiful piece of property west of Branson about 25 minutes.  

Johnny Morris has built some amazing properties.  On the lake his Big Cedar Lodge is amazing, and the golf complex nearby is simply world class with Tiger’s new course called Payne’s Valley (after the late Payne Stewart from here) is fully booked until September, and it is worth the hundreds it costs to play.  Another Amazing piece of property.  He has 5 or 6 courses scattered over probably a million acres of mostly undeveloped area.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Welcome to Dani's refuge of solitude and peace.  All acrimony and angst must be left at the door. Don't miss the 10:45 am sinigng of Kum by ya.

If that starts I am leaving.... sometimes it is a bit treacly as it is.  you know me always on the edge.

18 hours ago, singinalot said:

Ok, now that the house is closed, I feel more comfortable posting about it. TBH my nerves have been fried for a couple of months. In case you couldn’t tell(HA). I was so worried I’d mess something up for us and it wouldn't happen. Managing selling our house here, finding a rental here, moving, and the whole offer process in Florida...all while working more than full time and still try to give quality time to family...

I slept like a baby last night 🤣

I got home from work tonight and our new landlord was in the driveway introducing himself to Nate. He is a nurse so as soon as i told him I work at the hospital, we were “in like flynn”.

On the topic of rentals, it turns out our realtor in FL was actually living in the house we bought and renting from the owner...today I drafted a new lease for her to keep renting from us for 13 months. I’m really truly honestly amazed at how it all worked out. 

And now...some pictures of the house:

167945DF-3A10-40E7-A136-3E6F18F4999C.jpeg.8288a032e0e03a3f99f0bf6dd120651f.jpeg

Nate gets the garage, I get the wine fridge 😉

DC6FFA79-46BE-4F74-A7F3-CF3F9C906E4E.jpeg.e0f1192fcddc14d0eee644a13e3d7530.jpeg

Congratulations on the lovely house! The kitchen looks great for entertaining.

My oldest turns 31 today. As a present, the army is giving him his first COVID vaccine!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I love that aquarium they have at all the shops!  And there is usually a good restaurant we enjoy as well.  Agree, have bought a lot of clothes there, but ours are "hot weather" clothes.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 7:48 PM, grapau27 said:

We always get the hot breakfast room service and sit on our balcony to eat it.

We usually get the breakfast delivery between 7.30-8.00am.

I just got another ‘When will I do this again’ feeling when reading that.  

Apparently from tomorrow we can travel around Andalucia which will make a difference.  We can probably start planning at least a weekend away in the next couple of months.  

• Like 4