Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

What did you think of the Vision TA?

I was looking at the summer cruises from Bermuda to the Bahamas and back and thinking she would rattle and roll in those waters!

It was smooth enough. We left late in the season as I recall. Maybe May. Never been to Bermuda 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Indeed, and one of the reasons we like to stick to this happy thread.  🙂 Thanks again to Dani for starting it.  👍

I agree Pat.

This thread has been brilliant during Covid19.

We booked a 14 night cruise this morning.

Pauline met up with her best friend this morning.

I have just picked her up and we are now sitting looking out to sea with our coffee and hot chocolate.

I

16196244256992674706913485119433.jpg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I agree Pat.

I have just picked her up and we are now sitting looking out to sea with our coffee and hot chocolate.

I

Graham, tell us more about the cruise you booked this morning. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Graham, tell us more about the cruise you booked this morning. 

P&O cruise around the Canary Islands and Madeira from and back to Tenerife with return flights to England fall of next year.

3 RCG cruises already booked.

How are you both Dave?

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're back in Ohio.  Trying to generate the energy/motivation to start the house prep process.  First, our youngest turns 23 today and we're having a celebration with a small group of friends tomorrow.

Good luck with selling the house quick, smooth and with a good price.

Happy birthday to your youngest daughter 🌷 

Our youngest son also celebrates his b'day today and turns ... 38 🥰

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

P&O cruise around the Canary Islands and Madeira from and back to Tenerife with return flights to England fall of next year.

How are you both Dave?

Thanks. Sounds nice. We are doing great. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

TBH my nerves have been fried for a couple of months. In case you couldn’t tell(HA). I was so worried I’d mess something up for us and it wouldn't happen.

I hear you, C. And glad everything turned out fine.

Absolutely like all the pics of your house, especially the bath and the kitchen. E N J O Y !!!💐

• Like 2

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Good luck with selling the house quick, smooth and with a good price.

Happy birthday to your youngest daughter 🌷 

Our youngest son also celebrates his b'day today and turns ... 38 🥰

Sending your youngest son many Happy Birthday wishes today Dani.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, George C said:

It is raining in Dallas but will be 80, we go out every Wednesday to listen to our favorite singer in a restaurant that is setup like a 1960’s supper club . As for houses I am extremely happy we bought a one story house exactly ten years ago, I liked the multiple stories in my younger days but not now. 

Yes, it's pretty dismal here.  When we were house hunting,  we were thrilled to find one with a master suite on the main level, 3 bedrooms upstairs.  I would not have been happy running up and down those steps on a daily basis.  We were both 17 years younger when arthritis was a foreign word..  I knew what the future would hold. We sold that house 4 years ago and never looked back.

Love those spectacular sunrise, sunset photos. Please keep those and Bella photos coming.  That one with Bella and Lambchop was an awwww moment.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

@Tree_skier Link to the Ilima hotel. I am frugal, and interested in location. (not fancy) Here is the link: https://www.ilima.com/ in Honolulu. You can walk to Waikiki beach and Dukes. :classic_smile: Just for your comparison list when you are pricing out hotels. :classic_smile:

Thank you,  I looks like good value.

ahhhh perhaps it is time for a few to take a "chill pill" 😃

many of us take a cruise to relax or (a little R & R as many say)......

so being a cruise related thread on CC that so many enjoy, do not make the seas turbulent take a deep breath (of course with no mask) and another deep breath and continue the CC voyage upon calm seas....😀

Cheers to All......🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻🥂🥃🥤

Scott

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Option #2 Hawaii... DW has always wanted to go but we never have.  

Another vote for Hawaii. So sorry we had very little time there, and it being so far far away from us, I don't think likely we'll be there again...

We were very much interested in Pearl Harbor and [at the time, 2 months ahead] booked it the minute the schedule was released for our only morning in Honolulu, before boarding the NCL "Pride of America".

We arrived Thursday late afternoon to Honolulu, and spent the following day touring Oahu.

Then, Saturday, very early in the morning we visited Pearl Harbor, which was a very moving experience.

We returned the rental car and the free shuttle took us to the port.

After a very thorough research, we rented all the cars for Maui, BI, Kona and Kauai through this company --

https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/en-us/

Might want to check it too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good deal on the car. 

The aquarium sold last week or the week before to a US group. Here’ ,a story. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7759931/vancouver-aquarium-sold-us-company-tourism/

Thanks for heads up on Car rental issues over there, this appears to have made the decision about what dates, how long and what island LOL.  It was a weird deal.  I clicked on the link to reserve and while it was processing I popped back over here to post the screen shot.  When I went back to to look at the confirmation it had gone through for $1434 CAD instead of the $510 CAD I saw on the previous screen.  I cancelled and searched again and came up with the same results so tried booking again and this time it went through at the advertised price.  

Interesting article about Vancouver Aquarium.  Everybody is saying the right things.  It will be interesting to see the ownership group deal with Vancouver City Council. They are different breed.  I suspect this will be a bit of different experience than what they might be used to in Pigeon Forge, TN or Cincinnati, OH.  I've been to the Cincinnati aquarium.  It is fantastic! Finances have been an issue for years. Hopefully they are able to make a go of it.  As a teacher my wife would bring her class once a year and her and I would go at least once a year as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

It is raining in Dallas but will be 80, we go out every Wednesday to listen to our favorite singer in a restaurant that is setup like a 1960’s supper club . As for houses I am extremely happy we bought a one story house exactly ten years ago, I liked the multiple stories in my younger days but not now. 

Me too.  We are casually looking at homes, condos, etc. in Maine this summer for a seasonal.  Will be the alternative to driving the "land yacht" up there.  But not sure if we will take that on.  

Definitely looking for single story living.  Stairs are not going to be our friends as we age.  😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Until power goes out and you live on the 6th floor

Hmmm...like "Big Bang Theory".  😉  

Loved the last episode when the elevator started working.  

Hope your power stays on this summer.  🤗 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

40 miles north. AKA Springfield, SE side

I stopped at that Bass Pro one time.  That is a two day experience all by itself.  Also there is a restaurant somewhere around there that folks have recommended we go to call Lamberts.  Apparently it is a unique experience.

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree Pat.

I

16196244256992674706913485119433.jpg

Nice!  Love all your sea side shots!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

How are you both Dave?

Nice!!   Hope we all finally get our cruising back on track again!  Sounds like a great itinerary!

We are Allure Med (B2B) and TA Fall of next year.   🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Lamberts.  Apparently it is a unique experience.

Home of the "thrown rolls." Good food, fun place but very touristy. They have these incredible baked dinner rolls that they would bring out in a basket and throw to you to catch. The portions are huge so you better be hungry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I stopped at that Bass Pro one time.  That is a two day experience all by itself.  Also there is a restaurant somewhere around there that folks have recommended we go to call Lamberts.  Apparently it is a unique experience.

Gosh we used to love Bass Pro shop.  Indeed the place is huge!  When we spent a lot of time fishing for many years, we called it our "Candy Store".  😄   

Have since sold the fishing boats, and just do the kayaking now.  🙂 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Nice!  Looking forward to that kind of weather in Maine this summer.  

Checked the weather in northern CA for next week. In the 70s and down to 40s at night.  With it getting up to 90 later this week in central FLA...it will feel nice!  

You left just in time to get out of the heat and humidity!  🤗

We're still in Socal and it has been cool for the last week.  High's in the 60's but today that all changes.   

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.54.30 AM.png

• Like 1