Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So every year the plants come back without any or much die off? Asking for a friend since she has no clue. 🤣🤣🤣

I have quite a few hostas. Yes, they just come back with no help from me what so ever.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes, the overnights were great. We were on Celebrity's Horizon NYC to Bermuda on the infamous Legionnaire's Disease cruise.  It's why I never go into a shared hot tub which was attributed to that contamination. MerionMom calls hot tubs "human soup"!  However, we loved that cruise so much that we booked it the following year.

It was Celebrity's Horizon from NYC for us also. It was great being docked in Hamilton and coming and going from the ship as you pleased for the 3.5 days. It was a very relaxing week having time to spread out various sight seeing plans.

Oh, and I have never been in a ship's hot tub!😐

• Like 1

They just mentioned in the Today show that CDC said cruising may be able to restart by the middle of July. They did not give a lot of details but did say 95% of people aboard would need to be vaccinated and some testing requirements will be relaxed. Maybe there will be a follow up segment.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They just mentioned in the Today show that CDC said cruising may be able to restart by the middle of July. They did not give a lot of details but did say 95% of people aboard would need to be vaccinated and some testing requirements will be relaxed. Maybe there will be a follow up segment.

There's not a lot of info on it yet.  Also they don't have to perform the volunteer test cruises.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But also the crew must be vaccinated. We'll see how that works out.

Back to Hawaii Dan and I got married in Honolulu.  A romantic ceremony in the courthouse where we had to pay for a witness😇  Ten years later we went back and renewed our vows in a park in Honolulu.  Did not go back for the 20th or 30th

Edited by molly361
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Phil Collins has a lot of medical problems and had retired back in 2002 when he couldn't drum anymore.  He came out of retirement to tour in 2017.  It isn't an age thing at all, it is loss of hearing, nerve issues and spinal issues.

Was listening to Satellite Radio driving back to Cincy and they told a story about Phil's wife.  They were married, then divorced, then started living together again but didn't remarry.  So far, not too unusual.  She then got married to another guy and Phil kicked her out of the house (she was still living there after marrying another guy??).  Phil flew back to England to organize another tour and while gone, she sold a bunch of his personal stuff, e.g. watches.  Reminds me of Sheldon...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Didn't the Chief explain a while back that hot tubs are safe because of the way that they're sanitized?  Still, who knows what's happened in them.

I don't care who explains it, what the process is, or how safe they are. They may be very safe. I'm not advocating for closing them.  I'm just not getting in one.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Was listening to Satellite Radio driving back to Cincy and they told a story about Phil's wife.  They were married, then divorced, then started living together again but didn't remarry.  So far, not too unusual.  She then got married to another guy and Phil kicked her out of the house (she was still living there after marrying another guy??).  Phil flew back to England to organize another tour and while gone, she sold a bunch of his personal stuff, e.g. watches.  Reminds me of Sheldon...

That whole story is crazy.  She refused to leave the house and covered security cameras and wouldn't give anyone access to the property.  He was calling it an armed occupation of his property.  She claimed a verbal agreement that half of it was hers.  She has finally left and the property is sold.  Not sure if she is getting half or not.  It was worth $40 million.

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Went to the city today. Nice, hot and dry.  Corn was being planted and dirt was being worked. 

D172108C-25E9-4FB1-80A9-2E9A61B24B93.thumb.jpeg.340da3e66c96c3e39e5af499f1ab0b95.jpeg

F5C950FB-0AA5-4B4A-9126-34A27E21EBB9.thumb.jpeg.f466b5be3c6915a96e41dbff410c6f24.jpeg

Am I the only one who air drums to this song. Lisa was driving so it’s all good.

C16508EB-15EC-40D2-8DF0-0C8A8B9680D1.thumb.jpeg.583fcbc3289be5d52f204d5172f9d886.jpeg

Nope, toe tapping for sure!  Adore Mr. Collins!  🙂 

19 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

That is so refreshing.  When discussing travel in the past (13 + months ago) with other CC members I seemed to always come up with people who would talk about doing 2 back to backs and a month on land using carry on only.  I thought I was the only one who had to have more than three changes of clothing on a cruise.  

There is no way in **LL that I can pack for even a week with just a carry on bag, especially with formal nights.      Plus I always pack our own shampoos, conditioners, body wash, lotions, sunscreen, etc etc.    that alone is enough to fill the size of a carry on bag.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We had flooding down to the south today including Branson.

Do you live there year round or just have a place there? We are 3.5 hours north. I 've been to Branson multiple times. Love the place.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If I were to suggest a chopper tour I’d check out the company below. Would be pretty cool to fly over Oahu in a chopper like TC’s with the doors off. 

https://www.magnumhelicopters.com/

Soooo cool!  I love those chopper rides...Bucky not so much.  

I made the huge mistake of doing a surprise Helicopter tour around Maui and Lanai.  He about lost it, especially coming back over one of the military bases.  Ended up having the cold sweats.  😞  He still gets chills when one of the big ones fly over close.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh, and I have never been in a ship's hot tub!😐

Me neither...or the pool.  😜  Bacteria soup!  Did you ever notice the pax in the pool/hot tub that hang out along the edge with several beers, but never get up to find the restroom. 😳

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have quite a few hostas. Yes, they just come back with no help from me what so ever.

That's nice. If something down here freezes they're goners. Granted, that’s rare.

Edited by ReneeFLL

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Back to Hawaii Dan and I got married in Honolulu.  A romantic ceremony in the courthouse where we had to pay for a witness😇  Ten years later we went back and renewed our vows in a park in Honolulu.  Did not go back for the 20th or 30th

Awww...very romantic!  🥰  Good choice! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Anyone have any lightning pics?

I've never snagged a good lightning pic. The closest I have come is a short video shot off my phone on Harmony when we were eating at Chops. Too bad it was cloudy but the effect was cool.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Talking about music.....

Now that our gyms are open I need some music suggestions for my workout playlist .

My taste is pretty wide ranging.  Some of my current list:

We didn't start the fire..Billy Joel 

Manic Mondays....The Bangles

Wake me up before you go go...wham

Town called Malice...the Jam

And to cool down,  Faiths Song by Amy Wadge 

Any suggestions to add to my list?

Well, appropriate to this discussion, I’d suggest “Start Me Up” by the Stones.  “If you start me up I’ll never stop...”. 😎

• Like 1

Bags are packed!   We bought these wild looking Tumi suitcases just before the shut down from Covid, but did get to use them once for Alaska last August (but no cruise, which was cancelled).  

Easy to spot on the baggage claim, and no one dares try to grab them by mistake!   😄  😄 

Have a private shuttle service picking us up for the Orlando airport at 7 am tomorrow.  Gosh, it's going to feel good to finally get out there again!  I have six washable masks packed, and copies of our vaccine cards! 🙂 

20210429_093515.jpg

• Like 9