Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Actually a story for this sunset

For a few days a year, the sunset lines up with our front walkway and you get this

20210428_213744.thumb.jpg.2d37c0e3b193e657d5401f3a8edaf013.jpg

Here is a shot with the lens a little more open

20210428_213810.thumb.jpg.2856aa8547d99107a2909a80d5666b19.jpg

I think it happens in late June.

It only happens for a few minutes, so you have to be ready

Kinda the same effect in Manhattan I understand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're playing Buffalo Ridge Springs, Payne's Valley, and Ozarks National.  We'll squeeze Top of the Rock in someplace also.  The only slight drawback is that we're staying at the Bass Pro Shops Anglers Lodge.  It's a former La Quinta that has been remodeled and is off property.  

In Springfield?  O, I just looked and there is one in Hollister too.  I imagine they are pretty ok.... would expect much beyond that.  

The GM of the country club I belong to was just hired to run all of Johnny’s Golf Courses down there.  Johnny tends to chew up people and I like the guy... He was a bit frustrated that he wasn’t allowed to have any say over golf operations at our club, and I think he is trying to get a PGA accreditation.  Good guy.... will be nice to have him when I try to take customers down there in the future.  Although, Payne’s valley is going to be an ongoing challenge.  

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Went to the city today. Nice, hot and dry.  Corn was being planted and dirt was being worked. 

D172108C-25E9-4FB1-80A9-2E9A61B24B93.thumb.jpeg.340da3e66c96c3e39e5af499f1ab0b95.jpeg

F5C950FB-0AA5-4B4A-9126-34A27E21EBB9.thumb.jpeg.f466b5be3c6915a96e41dbff410c6f24.jpeg

Am I the only one who air drums to this song. Lisa was driving so it’s all good.

C16508EB-15EC-40D2-8DF0-0C8A8B9680D1.thumb.jpeg.583fcbc3289be5d52f204d5172f9d886.jpeg

So, the song was in the 80s, why is the picture from the 2010s?

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I remember him when he appeared with Philip Bailey.They were great together.

I believe I have every Genesis LP and CD that they ever released.

Yep, and Peter released, and Tony released, and Steve released, and Michael released, and Anthony released... my all-time favorite band, especially when Peter was in the group.  The only group I own more from would be Yes, because they did so many albums and solos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Our day ended up a little different here. Zoom troubles with both grandkids so no school. Left at1 for my 2pm appointment at 6 flags in Landover for 2nd shot but not far from home we had a small accident. Car in left lane decided to go straight in a turn lane. We were in turn or straight thru lane beside him turning left. He hit us as we started turning in the intersection. Not much damage just scrapes around tire and trim torn off. His car was worse. He refused to give info so had to call the police.  Wife and I and both grandkids are ok. Luckily was still able to get 2nd shot even though we were an hour late.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad everyone is ok. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

After dinner I took some photos around the pool.  Pool should be opened tomorrow weather permitting.

Hostas are popping. 

CC498079-A8A6-45F3-82A0-7A019314B088.thumb.jpeg.9e90d93b232eec4d67e480157cfe4b7e.jpeg

So every year the plants come back without any or much die off? Asking for a friend since she has no clue. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

We went to Leonard's Bakery. For us it didn't seem all that special, but a lot of people rave about it. We didn't stop at Itchy Butt, but I thought the name was funny.

20170511_160711.jpg

20170511_114007.jpg

20170511_132528.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We did the Celebrity seven day the first cruise.  The overnights were great!  We went back to Celebrity a few times and the other Bermuda cruises were on Royal.

Yes, the overnights were great. We were on Celebrity's Horizon NYC to Bermuda on the infamous Legionnaire's Disease cruise.  It's why I never go into a shared hot tub which was attributed to that contamination. MerionMom calls hot tubs "human soup"!  However, we loved that cruise so much that we booked it the following year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Love that song!  Air drumming required. We have gone to a lot of Genesis concerts and Phil Collins concerts. Last one being his Not Yet Dead Tour in October 2018 in Boston. 

38BB47C7-3CC6-4C71-92D7-F584BB6EBF59.jpeg

69322770-77E3-46C7-AFF0-1DE67E9705E0.jpeg

539E70E5-FC42-4867-B8D7-7A5694D0549E.jpeg

Another Day in Paradise was my favourite Phil Collins track.

The song was played on a UK holiday program when they were filming in the South Pacific in 1990 and it was so apt.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Ringo Starr will be 81 in three months,Paul McCartney 79 in two months,

Mick Jagger 78 in three months.All would be playing to full capacity if there was no pandemic.

Tom Jones is 80 and just released a new album. His voice is still strong 

Talking about music.....

Now that our gyms are open I need some music suggestions for my workout playlist .

My taste is pretty wide ranging.  Some of my current list:

We didn't start the fire..Billy Joel 

Manic Mondays....The Bangles

Wake me up before you go go...wham

Town called Malice...the Jam

And to cool down,  Faiths Song by Amy Wadge 

Any suggestions to add to my list?

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s beautiful. Is that by your house?

It's about 15 minutes away from our house, it was during one of the ice storms we had back in Februaury.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2