Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, island lady said:

We bought these wild looking Tumi suitcases

Love those. Makes it easy to spot them on a luggage carousel. When we bought new luggage, we went with bold colors other than black. Too many black suitcases out there.

• Like 2

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Love those. Makes it easy to spot them on a luggage carousel. When we bought new luggage, we went with bold colors other than black. Too many black suitcases out there.

Thanks!  🙂  Even with my old bright blue suitcases, I had to stop several people when they tried to grab even those!.   Started seeing a lot of bright blue suitcases that looked similar during luggage pass out in the hallways on embarkation day.  😮 

These were a limited offering by Tumi, can't get them any longer, so I doubt I will see any like these in our future travels.  People would be too embarrassed to use them anyway.  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

These were a limited offering by Tumi, can't get them any longer, so I doubt I will see any like these in our future travels.

That's awesome since they are so good looking I would be afraid how many people also would buy that suitcase for the same reasons you did. We also put a big tag on ours to differentiate from others.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Aww...I was hoping you were finally going to post a Belle picture!  She looks content!  🙂 

Worked it in with sunrise theme😉

I have to be careful and not over expose her. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's awesome since they are so good looking I would be afraid how many people also would buy that suitcase for the same reasons you did. We also put a big tag on ours to differentiate from others.

I used to use multiple ribbons that RCI used to tie up the goodie boxes they left in our cabin.  😉 

• Like 1

I used to use multiple ribbons that RCI used to tie up the goodie boxes they left in our cabin. 

I've seen some pretty creative things to make suitcases more identifiable. One person at the airport had a giant X made with duct tape on both sides. Wasn't pretty but probably worked for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I've seen some pretty creative things to make suitcases more identifiable. One person at the airport had a giant X made with duct tape on both sides. Wasn't pretty but probably worked for them.

LOL!  Yeah, it is always pretty interesting to see how some travelers make their bags more identifiable.  Have seen ones with the big X on them as well. 😄   The colorful straps are good also, plus serve as double duty in case the suitcase opens up by accident.  😮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Didn't the Chief explain a while back that hot tubs are safe because of the way that they're sanitized?  Still, who knows what's happened in them.

Yes, I've read they're safe but not safe/sanitized enough for that legionnare's desease cruise.  I'm with OB.  No matter how sanitized hot tubs are, I am not getting in one.

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is no way in **LL that I can pack for even a week with just a carry on bag, especially with formal nights.      Plus I always pack our own shampoos, conditioners, body wash, lotions, sunscreen, etc etc.    that alone is enough to fill the size of a carry on bag.   

I used to pack one large duffle bag for only my shoes/handbags. I've since changed my packing habits. No more shoe duffle bag. I finally figured I don't need 10 pairs of shoes and 5 handbags on a 7 day cruise.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

NYC to Bermuda was my first cruise. Beautiful place.

That was our first cruise too.  My parents took us on Hal Veendam that docked in hamilton for 3 days.  We fell in love with bermuda and cruising.

We have done a couple non cruise vacations there too.

We recently booked a b2b on vision for this august.  When I saw airfare at $99 or $149 pp I was sold.  And we got a beautiful corner aft with wrap around balcony.  Cannot wait to be back at sea.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes, I've read they're safe but not safe/sanitized enough for that legionnare's desease cruise.  I'm with OB.  No matter how sanitized hot tubs are, I am not getting in one.

I used to pack one large duffle bag for only my shoes/handbags. I've since changed my packing habits. No more shoe duffle bag. I finally figured I don't need 10 pairs of shoes and 5 handbags on a 7 day cruise.  

I am learning to pack lighter too.  2 years ago I got packing cubes for christmas.  They make a huge difference!  Cannot wait till I can use them again

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are those people, though I don't put an X, we have the letter of our last name.  I also put a racing stripe on the bottom of the suitcase as that is the end that usually comes down the luggage chute first.  We have fluorescent green and fire engine red duct tape too.  Might as well go all out. 😄 

• Like 4

Since we're now in the subject of luggage...We broke down and bought new suitcases about 4? years ago.  We bought from an online company called Away Travel.  They have great reviews.  We've taken them on a few cruises and dragged them around Europe a couple of times.  Love them.  They have a nice compression system inside that let's you squeeze in more clothing and keeps the clothes from shifting/wrinkling.  Went with a set that includes a large, a medium, and a large carryon, all in navy blue.  Not quite as unique on the carousel as @island lady's though.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bags are packed!   We bought these wild looking Tumi suitcases just before the shut down from Covid, but did get to use them once for Alaska last August (but no cruise, which was cancelled).  

Easy to spot on the baggage claim, and no one dares try to grab them by mistake!   😄  😄 

Have a private shuttle service picking us up for the Orlando airport at 7 am tomorrow.  Gosh, it's going to feel good to finally get out there again!  I have six washable masks packed, and copies of our vaccine cards! 🙂 

20210429_093515.jpg

Sounds like you're all set. Suitcases are beautiful and easy to identify.. We tie multicolor bright pieces of fabric onto suitcase handles. Have safe travels and an awesome time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have fluorescent green and fire engine red duct tape too

I love it! Who cares what it looks like and what you do, if it makes it easier to spot your suitcase amongst 100's, I'm all for it. I love the idea of the colored duct tape. I could imagine seeing several suitcases with the plain grey duct tape.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think @Lionessswill recognize these.  They were flying routes over us most of the day from the Vienna Air Reserve Station. 

0F09B9BD-8DE9-485E-B399-18DDC0072E39.thumb.jpeg.4b22f2e58b4cc398e06816a19bd3a03f.jpeg

I have learned to identify  most man made flying machines.

Yup the C-130 has been up all week.

Wednesday is there late day, but they usually finish by 10pm.

Many days the C 17 from Pittsburgh does touch and goes at the airport.

You see,  my DD was an Air Force Brat and when he  was 9 months old, his fathers plane went down over Libya, (he flew a F100 Super Saber), but that day he was flying in another military plane.

Unfortunately he did not survive.

Unfortunately since it was on a training flight, he did not get recognition when the Vietnam wall paid tribute to our military men/women who gave their lives. 

So long before I met and married my DH, he was fascinated in all types of airplanes. You could say he was interested in what his dad did for a living.

He could name any plane from a Douglas DC 3 to a Raptor  and an Falcon and many more.

When we go to airshows, he can name the plane before reading any plaques on them.

This year we will once again trek to Cleveland Ohio to see the Labor Day air show. Since our own Air Force base will not have an air show till possibly 2022, if then, and when we do we watch it from the front yard.

When we were in Hawaii for the 50th. anniversary of Pearl Harbor we did a military tour of Hickman and Scoffield air force base as well as a behind the scene tour of a Bellows Air force station and a brief tour of Tripler Army Medical Center.

Seeing all the planes and helicopters, he was like a kid on Christmas Day, and he knew every plane.

A few years back the Stealth flew over our house.  Our daughter called us from the park which was a few  miles away , and I went outside looked up and BAM, there it was never made a sound.

Rainy day today, the "boys" will not be flying.

Stay healthy

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like you're all set. Suitcases are beautiful and easy to identify.. We tie multicolor bright pieces of fabric onto suitcase handles. Have safe travels and an awesome time.

Aww...thanks!  😊  We are sooo excited to finally go on a trip again.  The two weeks will go by fast! 

Forgot to mention...naturally I have another identifier on my suitcase.....this awesome, rare, and valuable collector's item hanging from the handle!  😄 😄 

20210429_104252.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I love it! Who cares what it looks like and what you do, if it makes it easier to spot your suitcase amongst 100's, I'm all for it. I love the idea of the colored duct tape. I could imagine seeing several suitcases with the plain grey duct tape.

You can get prints and all different colors of duct tape now at Target or Walmart.  Anything to make it easier to find.  I had started taping an X on my aunts luggage to make it easier to find when I picked her up at the airport.  She was a snowbird who went down to Florida for years with her husband and wanted to keep going after he died, but she was legally blind so obviously couldn't drive down as they used to every year.  She decided she would try flying for the first time in over 20 years.  I would take her to the airport and get a gate pass to help her get to the gate.  She would be picked up by a friend in Florida who would also get a gate pass and meet her.  Luggage was an issue though as she could help find them and her "matched" set was actually one black and one navy blue.  I started putting a large X on them with medical tape as she had a ton of it.  It worked well for us and her friend was always able to find the luggage.  We did find out though, if you are supposed to meet someone who is designated a special handling person and you are late, they transport the passenger down to baggage and put them in the luggage office.  My aunts friend was late once and called me freaking out because my aunt was missing.  Made for a crazy half hour or so. 😲

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Unfortunately he did not survive.

I'm sorry for your loss and thankful for his service. I think it is wonderful you can recognize so many aircraft. Having Whiteman AFB close to use, I see many B2 Stealth's on training around the area. You are right they are very quiet and sneak up on you. Guess that's the point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Forgot to mention...naturally I have another identifier on my suitcase.....this awesome, rare, and valuable collector's item hanging from the handle!  😄 😄 

I love this!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

So much for the decent weather in Cincinnati. Looks like my daughter’s bday party will be inside.

May be by the time the party begins, the weather will turn nice 🥰

Decent weather here, but Covid and time constraints -- low key celebration for DS2

Elior.jpg

• Like 13