Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, JamesEM said:

Great day for me, my doctor said in about 3 weeks I will be able to get up and about, he was correct, today I was able to go food shopping, take a short walk on the beach and ate lunch at a local restaurant,  Yeah! 

Great news.

Pleased for you.

Graham.

Morning everyone.

42°F and sunny here this morning.

Deepest condolences Dani to all those people in Israel who died at the religious festival last night.

Prayers to everyone and I sincerely hope none of your family were involved.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Deepest condolences Dani to all those people in Israel who died at the religious festival last night.

Thanks, Graham, appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very very sad about this happening, but, at the same time, it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

The police asked for 3000 persons at a time, but arrived 100.000 and the police were overwhelmed.

Last year, it was Corona cancelled, and the Ministry of Health was against the festival happening this year too....

Covid may be a bit behind us, but at this festival one of the traditions is to cut the hair for the 1st time to toddlers at 3 years of age... All those unvaccinated kids with many young families in a very narrow place.

Life is sacred, much more than an annual tradition....😢😢

• Like 8

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Have a safe, long and enjoyable trip. Wave and smile thru the window as you fly over my house. I'll be mowing my lawn. 🙂🍷

LOL!  Thanks Dave...shuttle service picking us up in 20 minutes.  Feels weird to have suitcases ready to go out!!  😄 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Graham, appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very very sad about this happening, but, at the same time, it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

The police asked for 3000 persons at a time, but arrived 100.000 and the police were overwhelmed.

Last year, it was Corona cancelled, and the Ministry of Health was against the festival happening this year too....

Covid may be a bit behind us, but at this festival one of the traditions is to cut the hair for the 1st time to toddlers at 3 years of age... All those unvaccinated kids with many young families in a very narrow place.

Life is sacred, much more than an annual tradition....😢😢

This is major headlines here in Ohio about all the people who were killed and hurt.

Prayers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Propane, no natural gas here.

That seems so strange. I heat both the house and office with natural gas. It is supplied through a pipe distribution system. I never have ro worry about deliveries of oil or propane.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That seems so strange. I heat both the house and office with natural gas. It is supplied through a pipe distribution system. I never have ro worry about deliveries of oil or propane.

That’s why I was curious as to whether it was propane or electric....no gas service out in the country where Andrew is. 

Our neighbourhood built in the early 70’s with most houses on electric heat had gas brought to the neighbourhood in 2000.  We made the switch then. 

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wow and good job on the charity work.  Tony Orlando 77 and Gary Lewis 74 with grey hair. When did THEY get old?  🙄 Do you remember what year this was?

2019 was the last year.  

He would get about 25,000 people per day and around 3-5 thousand cars. He helped to create mile long traffic jams as people waited to enter with show cars. They also had offsite parking lots with shuttle transfers for guests. 

He had musical guests, typically 3 a year, with the Beach Boys being one of the biggest named.  There were  movie/TV celebrities for meet and greets from modern and past days. Some example being Adam West, Steve Darnel, the cast of The Dukes of Hazard, some of the cast of American Graffiti etc... George Barris and Gene Winfield were annual guests after their first visit. All favourites from his youth. GM is his brand but Cadillac is his choice of car with over 60 of them.  Many being one of one.

It was a lot to but on for one guy and a fleet of volunteers, but one heck of a show to be held at his home. However not many people have a 3 hole par three course at their house and 105 acres. The grounds were used for parking and the ponds were used for ampicar rides. There were chopper rides, mini air shows as well with one highlight being a Lancaster Bomber flyover, one of the last airborne.  An episode of Car Crazy was filmed there as well. If you search for Fleetwood County Cruise In you will find quite a bit there on the show. 

He continues to raise funds for the humane society with a large event called Pawlooza where people with 6,000 dogs come to gather for the day. Unfortunately the pandemic has put it to a halt for now. 

Here’s a good video showing the event. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How are you hearing yours, propane or electric?

We have a gas heater that I rarely use , in summer pool can get over 90 which is no longer refreshing,  having the pool replastered in the next month.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have NG in our Ohio house but have propane in Florida...no NG there.  I don't know yet how often we will need to fill our underground propane tank but I'm guessing twice a year.  I check the level gauge every other month or so, call them when it gets low, and they fill it within a couple of days.  Or I can pay them more to install a device so that they monitor the level and automatically fill when needed.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Our season is so short up here that we need the heater. 

We are the same in Cincinnati.  We just opened the pool (in time to sell the house) and would typically have the heater on and set at 82 degrees starting in May.  Allows us to swim in May and early June before the air temps keep the water temp up.  Same thing in September.  We'd get 4-5 months of pool season.

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are the same in Cincinnati.  We just opened the pool (in time to sell the house) and would typically have the heater on and set at 82 degrees starting in May.  Allows us to swim in May and early June before the air temps keep the water temp up.  Same thing in September.  We'd get 4-5 months of pool season.

We were a month behind you weather wise and turn ours on in June.  Every year my wife wants to keep it going in September as we still get a bunch of nice days but with school starting back up she gets so busy and it never gets used.  This year I’ll shut it down on labour day when the weathers nice as opposed to leaving it and having to shut it down in colder weather. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have a wee bit more density than rural Canada

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And the doc says I'm contrary.🤣🤣

Not playing your games today.  Fact is, not all areas have natural gas, whether rural or urban.  My current house does not have natural gas because there is none on this street.  The nearest connection when we first moved here was over a mile away, not paying for that connection.  It is now two streets away, but still not on my street.

• Haha 1