Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw Bob Dylan in his first NYC concert in 1961.

Do you remember where it was, would have loved to see him in the 1960’s , I have seen him in every decade since, I see him almost every time he is in this area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

It was a really nice day in Stockton AL at a tractor show today. The weather was just right not too hot and not too cold.  We had a lot of people there which is always fun along with the ice cream.  We brought our braiding machine, our cart of hand crank items and our Farmall H with the rollover plow.

585830479_braidingmachine.thumb.jpeg.c6e98be22efc9b3bb810787a5885173b.jpeg

What does the braiding machine make as a finished product @Keksie?  It looks complicated. :classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So kept our TA busy today. Canceling and booking new cruises. 

We are now officially booked on thee 

BELLA CRUISE. 

Cannot wait.  

Looking forward to meeting you.  🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I had told Bucky all I could get for our week long stay in Dry Creek Valley wine area (near Healdsburg, and one of our favorite wine areas in Sonoma County), was a "Motel Six".  He actually believed me, 😄 

Driving out here on the directions, then following a "goat path" narrow road up the foot hills, he got suspicious.  Yup, rented a guest house at one of the wineries for the week.  Sooo nice!  This was Happy Hour last night on our patio, and sunrise over the winery this morning.  Have private wine tastings set up at four different wineries this week (only way you can do it...Covid restrictions).  

20210430_174901 (1).jpg

20210430_175009.jpg

20210430_175532.jpg

20210501_054646.jpg

20210501_062025.jpg

Lovely

• Like 1

Woke up to temps around 40 and very windy, but turned out to be a good day to start laying our mulch down.  temp got into the 60's and wind died down by the afternoon.    I worked on that while he mowed and did some edging.    I got the front landscaping mulchd and one side where my daisies are.     Still have about 3 yards left to do the beds in the back yard, around patio, and the other side of the house where my rose bushes are located.   

Tomorrow will be 85 - so we plan on starting early to avoid sweating!

then I plan on going to local garden center to get flowers for my planters.    Still waiting on the rest of my burpee order to arrive to plant my garden.   

• Like 6

So, today was the first day of sailing racing season.  The boss uses me sometimes, and for some reason is using me too much this season.  I haven’t been on the boat in 8 seasons, and the rigging and sails are all new... GREAT.... not.  I was in my typical in the pit section, basically ballast on the upwind legs and then in charge of the spinnaker pole and sail as far as raising them.  pure Chaos...   We actually did decent, I only cost us a little time on the spinnaker sets, but we didn’t have confidence to fly it except when we were reaching for the finish line, and we could deal with the chaos after the race.  

I am so sore, I am too old for this.... we race again in 2 weeks.  I am ordering knee pads tomorrow. 

JC

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

What does the braiding machine make as a finished product @Keksie?  It looks complicated. :classic_biggrin:

It came from a factory that made fishing line.  They would have used monofilament but we use thread to better show it off.  The 16 bobbins circle around and braid the thread to make a thin rope.  There are several versions of this machine some with 8 bobbins and some with 32.  They make a wide range of rope and even a flat band depending on the thread used and the design.  In the factory a large motor would run a belt that would have belts running down to each machine.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

We brought our braiding machine,

Would that be for rope making?  

It looks smaller but similar to a machine that was used to make some rodeo polly rope for some “cowboys” that I know in Germany.  I had some made for them at the Houston Livestock Show in Houston, when I was there, and sent to Germany.  You would have thought Western Cowboys in Germany. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned before, I live in Northern New Jersey.  This evening we went out to eat dinner in nearby Rockland County, New York.  We have been going out to dinner for many months, as allowed and following all guidelines.

Tonight, it was close to a pre-Covid experience for the first time in a year. Rather crowded and noisy, masks only as required. The Kentucky Derby provided some fun and entertainment. 

Earlier today we also went to a family First Communion and related festivities following. 

A beautiful day. 

As always, my best to you all.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mets07 said:

As mentioned before, I live in Northern New Jersey.  This evening we went out to eat dinner in nearby Rockland County, New York.  We have been going out to dinner for many months, as allowed and following all guidelines.

Tonight, it was close to a pre-Covid experience for the first time in a year. Rather crowded and noisy, masks only as required. The Kentucky Derby provided some fun and entertainment. 

Earlier today we also went to a family First Communion and related festivities following. 

A beautiful day. 

I love that New York is getting back to normal, really missed not being able to visit last year.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mets07 said:

A beautiful day. 

Sounds like a wonderful day,  So nice getting out.

Not sure I mentioned that we lived in Tappan for 20 years and New City for 7.  Lots of great restaurants.  Rockland has a small town feel and approx. 30 mins from Manhattan.  We  frequented the Park Ridge Diner on Kinderkemack Rd. often.  Not gourmet but very fresh and plentiful.

My daughter is visiting from NJ., glad she's double vaxed. Jack and I haven't seen her in 1-1/2  years!  We'll visit our grands this summer.  I didn't feel comfy with them flying.  Anyway, we hit the outlet mall today and could hardly find a parking spot, and it's huge. 50% did not wear masks outdoors but all wore them in the stores. 

Monday is my birthday and we're all going out with friends.  I have no idea where. but for me it's all about family and friends sharing happy times. Doesn't get much better than that!

• Like 6

On 4/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear about this tragic event. Hoping there isn’t a spike among the families that were there and I agree about life being more important than a tradition. Hoping for the best.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:49 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t want to be needlessly cruel, but I am thinking a human stampede is far more dangerous than Covid19.  

Remember The Who concert in Cleveland 30 years ago.  Or multiple football matches in the UK....

Agreed. I was saying the stampede was terrible, but am also hoping that there isn't a huge covid spike from this also.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, island lady said:

I had told Bucky all I could get for our week long stay in Dry Creek Valley wine area (near Healdsburg, and one of our favorite wine areas in Sonoma County), was a "Motel Six".  He actually believed me, 😄 

Driving out here on the directions, then following a "goat path" narrow road up the foot hills, he got suspicious.  Yup, rented a guest house at one of the wineries for the week.  Sooo nice!  This was Happy Hour last night on our patio, and sunrise over the winery this morning.  Have private wine tastings set up at four different wineries this week (only way you can do it...Covid restrictions).  

20210430_174901 (1).jpg

Beautiful area.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Would that be for rope making?  

It looks smaller but similar to a machine that was used to make some rodeo polly rope for some “cowboys” that I know in Germany.  I had some made for them at the Houston Livestock Show in Houston, when I was there, and sent to Germany.  You would have thought Western Cowboys in Germany. 

This one was used for making fishing line.  It would have used monofilament but we use different color threads to show it off better.  We give samples to the kids to make bracelets so colorful is best.  When we were in Rollag we saw two.  One made thicker rope and one made a flat decorative band.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

This one was used for making fishing line.  It would have used monofilament but we use different color threads to show it off better.  We give samples to the kids to make bracelets so colorful is best.  When we were in Rollag we saw two.  One made thicker rope and one made a flat decorative band.  

I bet the kids find it fascinating.  I would have, and bracelets after a nice keepsake from their day. 

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I bet the kids find it fascinating.  I would have, and bracelets after a nice keepsake from their day. 

Even the adults love to watch it work.  We have it slowed way down so you can see the bobbins turning and "dancing" around each other.  The hand cart is always fun too, the parents and grandparents are telling the children about having to shell corn or churn the butter.  We even have a tobacco cutter.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like a wonderful day,  So nice getting out.

Not sure I mentioned that we lived in Tappan for 20 years and New City for 7.  Lots of great restaurants.  Rockland has a small town feel and approx. 30 mins from Manhattan.  We  frequented the Park Ridge Diner on Kinderkemack Rd. often.  Not gourmet but very fresh and plentiful.

My daughter is visiting from NJ., glad she's double vaxed. Jack and I haven't seen her in 1-1/2  years!  We'll visit our grands this summer.  I didn't feel comfy with them flying.  Anyway, we hit the outlet mall today and could hardly find a parking spot, and it's huge. 50% did not wear masks outdoors but all wore them in the stores. 

Monday is my birthday and we're all going out with friends.  I have no idea where. but for me it's all about family and friends sharing happy times. Doesn't get much better than that!

Familiar with all those places including the diner. 😉

Have a very Happy Birthday! 🎂