Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

it was close to a pre-Covid experience for the first time in a year.

We went for the first time in over a year to one of our local street fairs in Mountain View AR.  It was wonderful, no masks unless one preferred it, all the shops open and the green at the courthouse full of people listening to blue grass.  It was wonderful and then there was the Derby in Kentucky, stands full and perfectly hatted, not masked.  Breath of fresh air.  The only difference was you noticed that people were a bit social distancing still, just reluctant to get too close...but I think that's healthy!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Zombie might be my all time favorite performance

Being in Belfast in our last cruise (June 2019) was a very saddening experience -- seeing the wall separating the 2 parties, the graffities and the gates between the quartiers.

We had a very good guide, who managed to convey the conflict very succinctly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like a wonderful day,  So nice getting out.

Not sure I mentioned that we lived in Tappan for 20 years and New City for 7.  Lots of great restaurants.  Rockland has a small town feel and approx. 30 mins from Manhattan.  We  frequented the Park Ridge Diner on Kinderkemack Rd. often.  Not gourmet but very fresh and plentiful.

My daughter is visiting from NJ., glad she's double vaxed. Jack and I haven't seen her in 1-1/2  years!  We'll visit our grands this summer.  I didn't feel comfy with them flying.  Anyway, we hit the outlet mall today and could hardly find a parking spot, and it's huge. 50% did not wear masks outdoors but all wore them in the stores. 

Monday is my birthday and we're all going out with friends.  I have no idea where. but for me it's all about family and friends sharing happy times. Doesn't get much better than that!

Happy Birthday on Monday🎂

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My all time favorite --

Nights in White Satin -- The Moody Blues

My last cruise which was February 2020 , one ☝️ f the many guests was John Lodge , he frequently was in the suite lounge. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like a wonderful day,  So nice getting out.

Not sure I mentioned that we lived in Tappan for 20 years and New City for 7.  Lots of great restaurants.  Rockland has a small town feel and approx. 30 mins from Manhattan.  We  frequented the Park Ridge Diner on Kinderkemack Rd. often.  Not gourmet but very fresh and plentiful.

My daughter is visiting from NJ., glad she's double vaxed. Jack and I haven't seen her in 1-1/2  years!  We'll visit our grands this summer.  I didn't feel comfy with them flying.  Anyway, we hit the outlet mall today and could hardly find a parking spot, and it's huge. 50% did not wear masks outdoors but all wore them in the stores. 

Monday is my birthday and we're all going out with friends.  I have no idea where. but for me it's all about family and friends sharing happy times. Doesn't get much better than that!

Happy 37th.birthday

So I guess all the wedding planning I have been doing since daughter moved out of state has caught up with her.  She needed a getaway. That should actually be me!  Pre- wedding vacation. 

Great to be young. 

FB925439-51DF-48EF-885C-642474D0C210.jpeg

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So I guess all the wedding planning I have been doing since daughter moved out of state has caught up with her.  She needed a getaway. That should actually be me!  Pre- wedding vacation. 

Great to be young. 

FB925439-51DF-48EF-885C-642474D0C210.jpeg

Pretty girl.

Hopefully her wedding goes to plan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

And lets not forget "Question". 

I saw Denny Laine at a Hippie Fest concert in 2008.Dee Snider was sitting in front of me and we got into a conversation after the concert was over.

Denny came over to talk to Dee while I was still sitting there and asked “Did you like the concert”? It took about a minute before I realized that he was talking to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I personally love a diverse  range of music.

Soul,gospel,Motown, country,disco, classical as well as modern pop.

Graham.

I am with you, my favorite two artist of all time is Sinatra and Bob Dylan also like some country, saw Sinatra many times in NYC, Vegas and Dallas, we go out and listen to live music at least two nights a week.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, George C said:

I am with you, my favorite two artist of all time is Sinatra and Bob Dylan also like some country, saw Sinatra many times in NYC, Vegas and Dallas, we go out and listen to live music at least two nights a week.

I saw Dylan many times but probably not as much as you.I never saw Sinatra .I saw Richie Havens many times.The singer who I saw the most live is Jay Black.