Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear about this tragic event. Hoping there isn’t a spike among the families that were there and I agree about life being more important than a tradition. Hoping for the best.

I don’t want to be needlessly cruel, but I am thinking a human stampede is far more dangerous than Covid19.  

Remember The Who concert in Cleveland 30 years ago.  Or multiple football matches in the UK....

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our well supplies the same output as yours.  The softener helps for sure. We have the drilled well here, and a second spring well.  The drilled well is for the house. The spring well is used for pumping water to an irrigation well at my mom’s house, for lawn irrigation. She has also has a drilled well for her house. The sprinkler well is basically a holding tank 60’ deep. My spring well is only 5’ deep and has never gone dry and produces 15 gallons a minute.  We figured the more water around here the better. 

Between both houses, about a 1/3 of a mile, we also have a 2” line run that either house can supply water to each other if one well goes down. We have done it before over the years, when a pump goes down and before it can be pulled for replacement. 

I just turn on the tap. Have had boil notices after flooding though.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw great concerts in the Fillmore East.I remember people passing the funny little cigarettes.

I saw Simon and Garfunkel live in Central Park and also Diana Ross.She looked into the crowd and asked if anyone would like to come up and dance with her.I volunteered my co-worker Cliff and he loved it.

Was that THE concert in the park that has been on TV? I love S&G. I play many of their songs on piano and guitar. The Sounds of Silence is my favorite song.

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20210501_083650.jpg

30°F with a ground frost this morning but it is sunny and a high of 48°F is expected later.

Pauline has been on the phone to her cousin in Australia for an hour, usually after 5 minutes I'm wondering what to say next.🤔😅.

We have no plans for today so I think we will make some salmon sandwiches and drive to the beach.

Take care everyone and I hope you all have a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline has been on the phone to her cousin in Australia for an hour, usually after 5 minutes I'm wondering what to say next.🤔😅.

I too remember my aunt from Germany phoning my mom almost daily, and the sisters talking and talking, and wondering, them being so far away one from another, how many common subjects they find to talk about....

For a change, I'm a person-to-person one. Phone, and now whatsup, is only for fixing a meeting 😁

• Like 3

Speaking of concerts, for Christmas 2019 DH bought me tickets to see Billy Joel at Fenway Park in Boston which was to have taken place August 2020.  It’s been rescheduled for this August.  I know Fenway just announced they’re increasing capacity to about 10,000 people - I think the stadium holds around 37,000?  Anyway, very curious to see if the concert a) happens this year and b) how they’ll handle who gets in with capacity limited.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Speaking of concerts, for Christmas 2019 DH bought me tickets to see Billy Joel at Fenway Park in Boston which was to have taken place August 2020.  It’s been rescheduled for this August.  I know Fenway just announced they’re increasing capacity to about 10,000 people - I think the stadium holds around 37,000?  Anyway, very curious to see if the concert a) happens this year and b) how they’ll handle who gets in with capacity limited.  

Several years ago Eric bought me tickets to a Billy joel and Elton John concert for my birthday.  It was awesome!  Hopefully you get to your concert🤩

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Fenway announced the tentative schedule about a week ago and Billy Joel is still on it.  The state also announced increases in large venues from 12% capacity to 25% capacity starting May 10.  The regulations are supposed to expire August 1st, allowing full capacity but Boston has been announcing there own restrictions that are three weeks behind the state, so not full capacities until August 22nd.  Really too early to tell what will happen.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I too remember my aunt from Germany phoning my mom almost daily, and the sisters talking and talking, and wondering, them being so far away one from another, how many common subjects they find to talk about....

For a change, I'm a person-to-person one. Phone, and now whatsup, is only for fixing a meeting 😁

I agree.  When I was younger I spoke on the phone alot, now I hardly do other than work.  I much prefer in person to catch up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Several years ago Eric bought me tickets to a Billy joel and Elton John concert for my birthday.  It was awesome!  Hopefully you get to your concert🤩

Our last 3 concerts were.

Meatloaf.

Westlife and 

Westlife.

Graham.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Fenway announced the tentative schedule about a week ago and Billy Joel is still on it.  The state also announced increases in large venues from 12% capacity to 25% capacity starting May 10.  The regulations are supposed to expire August 1st, allowing full capacity but Boston has been announcing there own restrictions that are three weeks behind the state, so not full capacities until August 22nd.  Really too early to tell what will happen.

Best to be safe than sorry.

Most people sing along at pop concerts and this will create a lot of potential virus in the air.

We have to wear a mask in church and not allowed to sing and asked to speak quietly when joining in the church service.

Graham.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 8:05 AM, dani negreanu said:

Wishing you a smashing time sampling all those wines just waiting for you 😁

Thanks!  Long flight out here, but settled in now and enjoying the beautiful weather!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We saw Meatloaf when the musical was in Toronto about 3 years ago, great show. 

We had several concerts postponed or canceled in last year also a Broadway play and 3 cruises, glad we seem to be getting back to normal. Did see Meatloafs duet partner on a celebrity cruise a couple of years ago. 63 days to our millennium cruise.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, Sea Dog said:

Think of it as a practice run for your cruise. Cheers and safe travels!

Thanks!  Also got to use Bucky's new Tumi carry on for the first time, and my oversize Tumi  "purse" carryon which made things easier.  All worked out well.   We are die hard Tumi fans obviously.  😉 

• Like 1