Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/30/2021 at 7:03 AM, Ocean Boy said:

That seems so strange. I heat both the house and office with natural gas. It is supplied through a pipe distribution system. I never have ro worry about deliveries of oil or propane.

Our community does not have piped in natural gas.  Wish we did....

19 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We hide them behind trees here. 😀

When I lived in Michigan 40 years ago, we called them "Pigs".   And naturally we decided to paint it up like a Pig...and were not the only ones.  Wish I had a picture of that!  😉 

I had told Bucky all I could get for our week long stay in Dry Creek Valley wine area (near Healdsburg, and one of our favorite wine areas in Sonoma County), was a "Motel Six".  He actually believed me, 😄 

Driving out here on the directions, then following a "goat path" narrow road up the foot hills, he got suspicious.  Yup, rented a guest house at one of the wineries for the week.  Sooo nice!  This was Happy Hour last night on our patio, and sunrise over the winery this morning.  Have private wine tastings set up at four different wineries this week (only way you can do it...Covid restrictions).  

20210430_174901 (1).jpg

20210430_175009.jpg

20210430_175532.jpg

20210501_054646.jpg

20210501_062025.jpg

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I had told Bucky all I could get for our week long stay in Dry Creek Valley wine area (near Healdsburg, and one of our favorite wine areas in Sonoma County), was a "Motel Six".  He actually believed me, 😄 

Driving out here on the directions, then following a "goat path" narrow road up the foot hills, he got suspicious.  Yup, rented a guest house at one of the wineries for the week.  Sooo nice!  This was Happy Hour last night on our patio, and sunrise over the winery this morning.  Have private wine tastings set up at four different wineries this week (only way you can do it...Covid restrictions).  

Looks like amazing views.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Perfect. Enjoy. 🍷

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

I had told Bucky all I could get for our week long stay .... was a "Motel Six". 

Wow, I had no idea "Motel Six" has such amazing views.... [note to myself😉

Seriously, looks like heaven with all the greenery around 👍 Make the most of those "tastings"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was that THE concert in the park that has been on TV? I love S&G. I play many of their songs on piano and guitar. The Sounds of Silence is my favorite song.

It may have been on TV .Sounds of Silence is your favorite S&G song or favorite of any singer ?

2 hours ago, island lady said:

20210430_174901 (1).jpg

20210430_175009.jpg

20210430_175532.jpg

20210501_054646.jpg

20210501_062025.jpg

Lovely outside area.

Great for Happy Hour.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was that THE concert in the park that has been on TV? I love S&G. I play many of their songs on piano and guitar. The Sounds of Silence is my favorite song.

Bridge over troubled water is my favourite and Sounds of Silence is a close second.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

That looks wonderful and bet it was worth the long travel day! Hope you have a great time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Bridge over troubled water is my favourite and Sounds of Silence is a close second.

Another vote for Sounds of Silence, did see Paul Simon in concert along with my favorite Bob Dylan and they did a duet with Simon song The Boxer

1 minute ago, George C said:

Another vote for Sounds of Silence, did see Paul Simon in concert along with my favorite Bob Dylan and they did a duet with Simon song The Boxer

When I was a record sales representative in the early 1980s Bob Dylan was one of my favourite singers and I kept several of his cassettes in the car.

• Like 2

It was a really nice day in Stockton AL at a tractor show today. The weather was just right not too hot and not too cold.  We had a lot of people there which is always fun along with the ice cream.  We brought our braiding machine, our cart of hand crank items and our Farmall H with the rollover plow.

cart.thumb.jpeg.b2c6a646f19e850a1c1b49ad85c0e4d9.jpeg585830479_braidingmachine.thumb.jpeg.c6e98be22efc9b3bb810787a5885173b.jpeg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like amazing views.

It is.  After so many months in lockdown flat landscape Florida...it is sooo nice to see hills and mountains again!  🙂  Nice heart pounding hike up to the peak of the high ridge behind us this morning.  Great views!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

Perfect. Enjoy. 🍷

We are...nice picnic on the overlook to Sonoma Lake today, then wine tasting up near there at Sabragia on the terrace.  Very windy on the overlook platform...Bucky hamming it up as usual.  😉 

20210501_123757.jpg

20210501_123848.jpg

20210501_144130.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That looks wonderful and bet it was worth the long travel day! Hope you have a great time. 

Thanks...good to get out finally.  Not a cruise..but will have to do for now.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1