Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Too hard for me list list a favorite song. I have many over a wide diverse spectrum. A lot of mine are drummer related. But here is a few.

"Hungry" by Paul Revere and the Raiders

"Norwegian Wood" Buddy Rich Big Band

"Roundabout" Yes

"Speed King" Deep Purple

"Footprints" Miles Davis

"What is Hip" Tower of Power

"Lucky man" Emerson, Lake and Palmer

"Dirty Love" Frank Zappa

"Come Fly with Me" Frank Sinatra

"Take Five" Dave Brubeck Quartet

"Brother to Brother" Gino Vannelli

"Principals of Lust" Enigma

And many more.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Too hard for me list list a favorite song. I have many over a wide diverse spectrum. A lot of mine are drummer related. But here is a few.

Mine are too. I never get sick of In A Gadda Da Vida...Iron Butterfly. 

• Like 2

I remember the first time I heard The Mindbenders, Groovy Kind of Love.  I had just broken up with my first serious boyfriend.  We dated 6 months and I was devastated.  That song destroyed me every time I heard it. It was a reminder of what I had and lost.  To this day, a lifetime later, even with a wonderful husband and a life I would never change, I'm transported back in time when I hear it.  Phil Collins did a great job on his version, but for me, that song will always belong to The Mindbenders.

Something about this thread makes me comfortable enough to share life's experiences in here.  I could never do that on a tipping, or chair hog thread.  I have Dani to, again, thank.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw Dylan many times but probably not as much as you.I never saw Sinatra .I saw Richie Havens many times.The singer who I saw the most live is Jay Black.

The problem with Dylan, as with Neil Young, is sometimes he can sing and sometimes he hurts my ears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Something about this thread makes me comfortable enough to share life's experiences in here.  I could never do that on a tipping, or chair hog thread.  I have Dani to, again, thank.

What about a babies wearing diapers in the pool thread?

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The problem with Dylan, as with Neil Young, is sometimes he can sing and sometimes he hurts my ears.

Did you ever see Mark Knoefler sing live ? At times he sounds just like Bob Dylan.

I agree with you re Neil Young.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bob Dylan

Lay Lady Lay and 

The Time's they are a changing are 2 of my favourite Dylan tracks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

One of my favorites. I wanted to learn that solo so bad that I transcribed it note for note. Took me 2 days of listening to it non stop.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I remember the first time I heard The Mindbenders, Groovy Kind of Love.  I had just broken up with my first serious boyfriend.  We dated 6 months and I was devastated.  That song destroyed me every time I heard it. It was a reminder of what I had and lost.  To this day, a lifetime later, even with a wonderful husband and a life I would never change, I'm transported back in time when I hear it.  Phil Collins did a great job on his version, but for me, that song will always belong to The Mindbenders.

Just my Imagination by the Temptations was a song I remember from my first foreign holiday in Majorca Spain when I was 14.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Understand.  It was so great for me in January of 1974 when Dylan was doing his first tour in some time with The Band and he sat down at the piano and did Just Like Tom Thumb Blues from 1965.  The only bigger live music rush I ever got was hearing the Moody Blues for the first time also in the Spectrum in Philly on 11/22/78.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My all time favorite --

Nights in White Satin -- The Moody Blues

Really enjoyed seeing them at Radio City Music Hall in NYC in 1993, the first time I heard them play with a full symphony orchestra. Made the first of their seven classic albums come to life, hearing Tuesday Afternoon and Nights in White Satin sounding like the album.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

"Hungry" by Paul Revere and the Raiders

"Norwegian Wood" Buddy Rich Big Band

"Roundabout" Yes

"Speed King" Deep Purple

"Footprints" Miles Davis

"What is Hip" Tower of Power

"Lucky man" Emerson, Lake and Palmer

"Dirty Love" Frank Zappa

"Come Fly with Me" Frank Sinatra

"Take Five" Dave Brubeck Quartet

"Brother to Brother" Gino Vannelli

"Principals of Lust" Enigma

And many more.

Good to see Frank Zappa listed, enjoy his Cosmic Debris.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, davekathy said:

OMG....yes!  Long version for sure!  👍  Love the long drum solo!!

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Many times it’s hard to figure out what song Dylan is signing, I got a couple of my favorite singers in Dallas to learn Dylan’s “To make you feel my love” which which was also covered by Garth Brooks, Billy Joel and Adele, speaking of overs it doesn’t get any better there Hendrix singing his All along the watchtower. Also had tickets to the broadway play Girl from the north country hoping it’s still there when Broadway opens.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Good to see Frank Zappa listed, enjoy his Cosmic Debris.

I worked next door to Max’s Kansas City in Manhattan and within walking distance of the Palladium and went to a lot of concerts.

I also went to the Fillmore East in the late 60’s many times.I have posted on CC numerous times that a friend of mine has a Woodstock tribute band Retro69 that plays in Bethel every August.They are on You Tube and the female singer in the band,Melissa League is fantastic.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What about a babies wearing diapers in the pool thread?

🤢

Haven't bothered to look for it...but one CC member months ago coined the phrase "Fecal Tea Bags".  🤪

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Many times it’s hard to figure out what song Dylan is signing, I got a couple of my favorite singers in Dallas to learn Dylan’s “To make you feel my love” which which was also covered by Garth Brooks, Billy Joel and Adele, speaking of overs it doesn’t get any better there Hendrix singing his All along the watchtower. Also had tickets to the broadway play Girl from the north country hoping it’s still there when Broadway opens.

I have a tape of Jimi Hendrix that was recorded on a tape recorder from a guy who was at one of his first concerts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Look interesting. Is that a marinade under the bird? What's in that?

Chicken broth, a few slices of lemon, thyme and rice. The chicken is rubbed with margarine and has some salt and chicken spice on it. We will cook some peas and that’s it. The rice is scooped from the dish and served as well. 

• Like 1