Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

This morning...Bucky woke up to my homemade potato crusted quiche.   He is ready to go!  😉 

Sister has Celiac...good Gluten Free choice.  Broccoli, mushrooms, onions, bacon, cheese...Mmm...

was good.  Along with a yogurt fruit parfait.  Full bellies!  

20210603_071851.jpg

20210603_071910.jpg

Looks like your bird feeder arrived.  See one in background.

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I found them listed on Park Ave.  Actually closer to 295 than the port.  😞 

I saw that one - maybe they deliver????? I see that right now "they are busier than usual" (real time).

Commercial Ave would be so much better (if they are looking to move). I can only hope!!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, Gary (Cruise Wizard) destination each time we docked in Portland.  Bucky and I...headed to "Two Fat Cats" for their fresh blueberry pie.  Alas...apparently they are both gone from those locations.  😞 

I wonder if the Covid lockdowns were the cause? It can't be the quality of the food!!!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

This morning...Bucky woke up to my homemade potato crusted quiche.   He is ready to go!  😉 

Sister has Celiac...good Gluten Free choice.  Broccoli, mushrooms, onions, bacon, cheese...Mmm...

was good.  Along with a yogurt fruit parfait.  Full bellies! 

I am continually impressed by everything you do.

No idle moments for you.

Damn, you can cook.

We are doing a car trip to the Sunshine state in August, maybe we will do a fly by and I can steal, I mean borrow that recipe.   

Seriously though, as my DH would say.   "Good Wifey"

Be safe

Aww...you make me blush.  Thanks for the compliment.  🤭

Love to cook...and have taken a lot of my cooking utensils with me, packed in my suitcase, along with favorite spices.  Amazon delivered what I could not pack, was like Christmas yesterday opening all the boxes, which we will now tote around from place to place this summer.  😵   Oh...packed grits as well, can't find them up here.  😄 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....   🤣

The Troll ate well this morning.  😋  That paired up with my kick ass strong coffee...he is a happy troll!  😄 

They say............"happy troll - happy something"??????

We are still waiting for some definite info on our 6/26 Edge sailing. No one has been able to check-in on line. One person called "X" and was advised check-in might be in 7 - 10 days before the sail date (scary)!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Aww...you make me blush.  Thanks for the compliment.  🤭

Love to cook...and have taken a lot of my cooking utensils with me, packed in my suitcase, along with favorite spices.  Amazon delivered what I could not pack, was like Christmas yesterday opening all the boxes, which we will now tote around from place to place this summer.  😵   Oh...packed grits as well, can't find them up here.  😄 

You might find grits in Southern Maine...................at the Y'all & Fixin' grocery stores..........eh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like your bird feeder arrived.  See one in background.

Good eye!  And you were not alone...little female found all three feeders within the hour.  Need to keep good supply of sugar on hand now.  😉  Was happy Amazon did not smash up the feeders!  And the new balcony railing hanger is working well too, which has the Finch feeder on it.  

20210603_090157.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

They say............"happy troll - happy something"??????

We are still waiting for some definite info on our 6/26 Edge sailing. No one has been able to check-in on line. One person called "X" and was advised check-in might be in 7 - 10 days before the sail date (scary)!!!!!

Oh no!  Hope it ends up being a positive investigation, and you still get to go!  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good eye!  And you were not alone...little female found all three feeders within the hour.  Need to keep good supply of sugar on hand now.  😉  Was happy Amazon did not smash up the feeders!  And the new balcony railing hanger is working well too, which has the Finch feeder on it.  

20210603_090157.jpg

Did you catch any??? Not much meat on the hummingbirds!!!! Are eagles watching your feeders??

10 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

You might find grits in Southern Maine...................at the Y'all & Fixin' grocery stores..........eh.

Think they might have Collards and Okra?  😄  Like Collards as much as I like Kale....NOT!!  😜

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Did you catch any??? Not much meat on the hummingbirds!!!! Are eagles watching your feeders??

Eagles are eating the left over fish trimmings we left down on the shore.  Hope they are not looking for Hummingbirds for Dessert!!  😮 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Eagles are eating the left over fish trimmings we left down on the shore.  Hope they are not looking for Hummingbirds for Dessert!!  😮 

Great way to recycle the fish - reduce trash and get in some great viewing.

• Like 1

Headed out to Acadia National Park.   Weather not as good now though, cloudy, cool and chance of rain.  May mess up our viewing.  

Then...back up plan...head to Reny's and LLBean (have a good outlet here in Ellsworth).  Two of our favorite stores!  🤗

• Like 2

14 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

Penny is scared of the water along with anything that moves. 

We have 2 Newfoundlands. Newfoundlands are water rescue dogs, the Italian coast guard trains them to jump out of helicopters to save people. Neither of ours will swim! One will lie on the top step of the pool to cool off and the other won't even go near water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

That’s Penny, our Schnauzer. 

Love the name. We named our King Charles Cavalier Spaniel "Penny" because she cost a pretty penny from the breeders.😁

Penny.jpg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

So is the new Holy Donut going to be closer to the ship? I just have to get my fix every time in Portland. The walk to and from the donut shop let me eat an extra one............and sometimes the line was out the door and down the street. I hope the new spot is bigger in size and easy to walk to.

Yes, it will be closer to the ship and much bigger.  We were in Portland in May and went to the Holy Donut in Scarborough on our way to Portland.  We knew that the store by the port had closed but had planned on going to the other location in Portland which is farther from the port..  When I Googled for the address, I found the one in Scarborough and the information about the new store,  You will have an easy, flat walk along the waterfront to get your fix the next time you are there. 🙂 

Two Fat Cats is now just over a mile away, so more walkable than I thought, up and over the hill.  Not really anything else in the area where it is now but much more convenient by car.  I had placed an order for whoopie pies and blueberry scones before we left home, so I was able to pick it all up the day we headed home.  Yummy.

• Like 2