Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

No.  From what I remember neither do the sound of sanitation trucks. 

When we bought our first house in the suburbs after moving from NYC, we couldn't sleep the first few nights.  It was so eery.  Honestly, who can sleep with all that quiet???

I am in a NYC suburb and it is so quiet at night that you can literally hear a pin drop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

WOW..................we have been so fortunate here in Florida - restaurants have been open and most at full capacity.

Many restaurants here went out of business due to the pandemic .The others were open but nobody that we know went for inside dining.

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

We did go to a local pub in Bar Harbor yesterday Geddy's which I am sure you are familiar with.  And she DID have the local Seadog Blueberry beer.  Even had wild blueberries floating up and down in it.  😉 

I preferred the Geddys Moose Breath beer. 🍺It was good. The good thing about it there wasn't anything from the moose floating around in it. 😁

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Many restaurants here went out of business due to the pandemic .The others were open but nobody that we know went for inside dining.

Very sad for the businesses. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I preferred the Geddys Moose Breath beer. 🍺It was good. The good thing about it there wasn't anything from the moose floating around in it. 😁

The Moose just breathe on it - non-contact!!!!!

Our home for the night yesterday.  Bar Harbor Inn on the waterfront in Bar Harbor Maine.  If any of you have done cruises to Bar Harbor, you will recognize it immediately.  It's a very historic old Inn...but has had extensions and remodel to fit the times.  Our "cabin" one of only three on the third floor  in the new extension..(sis had the one next to us)....reminded me of being on the sea on the ship.  

20210601_131428.jpg

20210601_145417.jpg

20210601_154853 (1).jpg

20210601_154904.jpg

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck and hopefully your wife has a successful outcome.

Thanks,Graham.Due to the fact that she has the hemophilia type problem normally she has to find a doctor familiar with it.Surprisingly many medical doctors are not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Our home for the night yesterday.  Bar Harbor Inn on the waterfront in Bar Harbor Maine.  If any of you have done cruises to Bar Harbor, you will recognize it immediately.  It's a very historic old Inn...but has had extensions and remodel to fit the times.  Our "cabin" one of only three on the third floor  in the new extension..(sis had the one next to us)....reminded me of being on the sea on the ship.  

20210601_131428.jpg

20210601_145417.jpg

20210601_154853 (1).jpg

20210601_154904.jpg

Fabulous views from the balcony.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

LOL...Bucky had that one.  Very good also! Waitress talked him into it.   😉  

Me...old stick in the mud...had her usual glass of chilled SB.  😄 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

20210601_131428.jpg

20210601_145417.jpg

20210601_154853 (1).jpg

20210601_154904.jpg

Bar Harbor is just beautiful and great restaurants...........always feel safe and welcome...........and can be a bit $$$$. This is the first time that I have seen the inside of the hotel - looks very comfortable and of course that view!!!!

• Like 3

Just now, cruise wizard said:

Bar Harbor is just beautiful and great restaurants...........always feel safe and welcome...........and can be a bit $$$$. This is the first time that I have seen the inside of the hotel - looks very comfortable and of course that view!!!!

Same thing.  We would always have lunch at their great little Terrace restaurant (the one with the yellow umbrellas) and then do the "shoreline" walk both during visits by cruise ship.....or visits in the "land yacht".   Always wanted to experience staying there, and dinner at their famous restaurant...now we have.  Strike another from the bucket list.  😉 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I haven't seen many go out of business in my area.   The 1 or 2 that did were barely hanging on pre-covid and covid made the decision for them, which probably better than having someone personally "pump" money into something that was going down anyway. 

10 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We love Bar Harbor, so pretty

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I haven't seen many go out of business in my area.   The 1 or 2 that did were barely hanging on pre-covid and covid made the decision for them, which probably better than having someone personally "pump" money into something that was going down anyway. 

We had a wonderful theater around the corner that closed and two restaurants on that block.However,we are 10 minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean ,a beautiful beach and wall to wall restaurants that are likely still open.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had a wonderful theater around the corner that closed and two restaurants on that block.However,we are 10 minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean ,a beautiful beach and wall to wall restaurants that are likely still open.

Sorry to hear about the theater.    Makes it even tougher on a business owner where there are that many restaurants to compete with on a regular basis.     I feel sorry for restaurant owners and so happy we never got into that business.    Many years ago we looked at opening up a crab restaurant on LBI.    

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Always wanted to experience staying there, and dinner at their famous restaurant...now we have. 

Beautiful view, and I'm happy that your stay and dinner was well worthy of your silver wedding anniversary (as it should be by law 😉)

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We love Bar Harbor, so pretty

Yes, indeed it is.  Not very busy yet this early in the season, hardly any "Bean" buses lined up along the square, and very easy to get into the shops and restaurants.  

51 minutes ago, island lady said:

Same thing.  We would always have lunch at their great little Terrace restaurant (the one with the yellow umbrellas) and then do the "shoreline" walk both during visits by cruise ship.....or visits in the "land yacht".   Always wanted to experience staying there, and dinner at their famous restaurant...now we have.  Strike another from the bucket list.  😉 

Beautiful pictures.  Amazing view. The room picture reminded me of a balcony cabin on a ship.  Sounds like your Anniversary was everything you hoped it to be. 👩‍❤️‍👨🥂 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful view, and I'm happy that your stay and dinner was well worthy of your silver wedding anniversary (as it should be by law 😉)

Awww...you are so sweet!  By law...LOL!!  😉  

Couldn't believe how the weather went from really awful to perfect in one day!  Breezy here today, but all the windows are open here at the rental home.  Have my Hummingbird feeders up now, much to Bucky's rolled eyes...Hah!  And have already had a new little female visitor enjoying a good meal.  🙂

I adore all the Hummingbirds here in Maine in the summer, plus the Goldfinches that come in.  Of course have my Finch feeder up as well.  😉 

We are headed out in the morning to do the iconic Acadia National park loop to give my sister the tour.  Drive up to Cadillac mountain as well for picnic on the mountain top.  Hiking on Friday.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Beautiful pictures.  Amazing view. The room picture reminded me of a balcony cabin on a ship.  Sounds like your Anniversary was everything you hoped it to be. 👩‍❤️‍👨🥂 

Thanks...Me too.  Felt like a ship cabin and balcony, including going down to the main dining room at the Inn for dinner.  Very elegant.  Was supposed to be on Harmony this week...so this ended up being a good second choice, trying to get as close as possible to the experience.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, indeed it is.  Not very busy yet this early in the season, hardly any "Bean" buses lined up along the square, and very easy to get into the shops and restaurants.  

Is Oli's Trolley running???? We took the trip to Acadia and it was fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

Is Oli's Trolley running???? We took the trip to Acadia and it was fun.

Yes, saw a couple of them,....but no where near what you see in season.   Bucky has his "old fart's pass" for the national park system...he is going to be our "Ollie" tomorrow for our tour.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We were in Bar Harbor the first time more than 40 years ago.It was not that expensive at that time.The restaurants were great.I saved a menu from a few of them.They are somewhere in my house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yes, saw a couple of them,....but no where near what you see in season.   Bucky has his "old fart's pass" for the national park system...he is going to be our "Ollie" tomorrow for our tour.  😉 

Only tip him if he does a great job!!!!! Take lots of pictures!!!

• Like 2