Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear about the theater.    Makes it even tougher on a business owner where there are that many restaurants to compete with on a regular basis.     I feel sorry for restaurant owners and so happy we never got into that business.    Many years ago we looked at opening up a crab restaurant on LBI.    

We used to go to the Jersey shore 50 years ago .There were great restaurants even then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We were in Bar Harbor the first time more than 40 years ago.It was not that expensive at that time.The restaurants were great.I saved a menu from a few of them.They are somewhere in my house.

One thing for sure, you can't get lost in downtown Bar Harbor............and you won't go hungry either!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Our home for the night yesterday.  Bar Harbor Inn on the waterfront in Bar Harbor Maine.  If any of you have done cruises to Bar Harbor, you will recognize it immediately.  It's a very historic old Inn...but has had extensions and remodel to fit the times.  Our "cabin" one of only three on the third floor  in the new extension..(sis had the one next to us)....reminded me of being on the sea on the ship.  

20210601_131428.jpg

20210601_145417.jpg

20210601_154853 (1).jpg

20210601_154904.jpg

We were hoping to have a Canada/New England redo cruise on the freedom in September this year. Our cruise on the anthem was mid October and all ports were cold and cloudy. I would love to visit again!  Scenery is lovely 😊

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We were hoping to have a Canada/New England redo cruise on the freedom in September this year. Our cruise on the anthem was mid October and all ports were cold and cloudy. I would love to visit again!  Scenery is lovely 😊

We had this years Canada & New England cruises on Jewel cancelled (was originally Brilliance). Now we will have to wait until 2023 - love the ports, food, Fall foliage and the cooler weather.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are headed out in the morning to do the iconic Acadia National park loop to give my sister the tour.  Drive up to Cadillac mountain as well for picnic on the mountain top.  

50 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Is Oli's Trolley running???? We took the trip to Acadia and it was fun.

We took Oli's Trolley up Cadillac mountain (and in the morning we took the "free bus" to Jordan Pond). The pics are hazy, but just in case your weather will not be agreeable for photography, I'm attaching them 😉

_DSC4888.thumb.JPG.3c8faa9e5a6453a18477fd546d7cd54a.JPG

_DSC4886.JPG

_DSC4887.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 11

58 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We cruised from Manhattan to Canada once,went twice by train,twice by bus and 12 times by car from 1969 to 2013.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We were in Bar Harbor the first time more than 40 years ago.It was not that expensive at that time.The restaurants were great.I saved a menu from a few of them.They are somewhere in my house.

Side effect of to much stuff😉

I have the opposite problem.  I digitized everything, but not sure which disk or device I put it on. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Took Bell to the spa today

Before

20210602_072856.thumb.jpg.4178d50023cff0fff540a1674a8387ac.jpg

After

20210602_171327.thumb.jpg.763097fa6fd6e5ae4b3f1655f885d832.jpg

Bella reminds me so much of the Cairn Terrier (her name was Muffin) we had growing up.  Wish I had a picture of her to share.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Only tip him if he does a great job!!!!! Take lots of pictures!!!

Waved the tip...Bucky requires a good glass of red wine and a home cooked dinner when we return.  Pretty cheap fare indeed.  😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

.Our "cabin" one of only three on the third floor  in the new extension..(sis had the one next to us)....reminded me of being on the sea on the ship.  

20210601_154904.jpg

This is totally a cruise ship view. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What a beautiful place. I will have to visit there, I've never been.

So many beautiful places in the U.S...so little time.  😮  But will be trying to make a dent in the visits before we pass off this earth.  😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We had this years Canada & New England cruises on Jewel cancelled (was originally Brilliance). Now we will have to wait until 2023 - love the ports, food, Fall foliage and the cooler weather.

And the bakery in Portland!  😉 

Busy day cutting ditches and yards with the 15’ tri-folding cutter. Started at 10 and finished around 5. I had a few miles to cover. Sprinkler crew just left mom’s a few minutes ago, they were running late but they got the job done. 

This…

BFF30123-3AD6-46CD-8C27-D934131AAD86.thumb.jpeg.fd5768056361cf440c80febec8e03af3.jpeg

becomes this. 

87DF49EF-51C7-4E2B-8856-894AB1B2D896.thumb.jpeg.c2af8422557586f77883a38fd58c716e.jpeg

and etc…

D5A887C6-3E2F-4AC9-949F-99427A24789D.thumb.jpeg.ca4892874c959fee4fec477783239201.jpeg

8B60EA93-9645-48E8-9524-7A36EA278B71.thumb.jpeg.3843869d30bb0142a701cc8b5c478e40.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We took Oli's Trolley up Cadillac mountain (and in the morning we took the "free bus" to Jordan Pond). The pics are hazy, but just in case your weather will not be agreeable for photography, I'm attaching them 😉

_DSC4888.thumb.JPG.3c8faa9e5a6453a18477fd546d7cd54a.JPG

_DSC4886.JPG

_DSC4887.JPG

Yup, same view I remember from each year...except the cruise ships will not be in that view.  Sigh....

Thanks for the pictures!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

They almost left me on the mountain.  Somehow I ended up walking with the wrong tour group!  Luckily, Charlie stood outside the trolley waving like crazy to me🤪

Beautiful mountain to get left behind at though!  😉  And if you had to walk back...at least it was "all downhill from there".  😄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is totally a cruise ship view. 

Yup, intentional...trying to recreate what we lost.  Did a bang up job I think. 😉

Did an L&S for same time, same OS out of PC for next year.  Hope that one goes!!    😮 

• Like 2