Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Friday and Saturday saw 98 and 99 degree weather. I didn't venture out. John worked both days. His shop is not air conditioned. 

Today was 93. Went for a picnic and short drive. Too hot to put the top down on the car. 

But GOOD NEWS! And some bad news. After 1 1/2 years we were finally able to visit my mom in memory care at the VA. She has 4 nice windows overlooking the courtyard and the Mississippi River. We decorated the windows with lots of 4th of July decorations. Turned out cute. Her birthday is Tuesday so we took lots of balloons.

Bad news...after being away for so long we're not sure she knew who we were. It's so sad.

• Like 9

It is almost mid day and it is 66°F and cloudy with rain expected soon.

Pauline has today off work.

We went food shopping this morning and currently Pauline is putting flowers on her grandparents and baby brothers grave.

From here we are going to a garden centre then to our local beach to eat our picnic.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Aren't you getting sick of eating those big crawfish yet???????

Me...yes...but Laurie has never been to Maine, and has never had fresh Lobster with Claws!  (She is used to "warm water tail" from the southern climes).  Claw meat is the best!  In a perfect world, I would have Lobster rolls with Claw meat only.  😉 😋

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have one requirement for eating lobster. There MUST be some where that I can wash my hands immediately after finishing or I won't even start. I also need to brush my teeth as soon after as possible.

That is another reason why I always pack dental floss in my purse.  😉 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Looks lovely.

Your sister looks younger and much more relaxed being with you and Bucky on your birthday holiday Pat.

Thanks...she definitely found much needed relaxation this week with us.  We are taking her back to Bangor Airport this morning.  😞   Went by way too fast.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...she definitely found much needed relaxation this week with us.  We are taking her back to Bangor Airport this morning.  😞   Went by way too fast.  

It seems like you have all enjoyed yourselves.

Are you both staying on ?

The first time we came to Orlando on 6th October 1992 our plane landed at Bangor Maine to refuel.

There was snow at the sides of the runway.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me...yes...but Laurie has never been to Maine, and has never had fresh Lobster with Claws!  (She is used to "warm water tail" from the southern climes).  Claw meat is the best!  In a perfect world, I would have Lobster rolls with Claw meat only.  😉 😋

Is your sister now a convert to cold water lobsters???? I sure do miss my lobster, fried full belly clams and Maine blueberry pie. I have to wait until 2023 - feels like forever!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did she leave kicking and screaming???? I would!!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Sho'nuf and Bless Your Heart!!!!

Pass me dem grits and collards please!  😉  

For me..no to Collards...but yes (and brought bags with me 😉 ) on the grits.  😄 

And Bucky would definitely say a big yes to the sweet potato pie!!  

Edited by island lady

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Someone is going to the vet today and does not know it. She waiting for us to walk her to the barn for “breakfast”. 

E914D17B-9EA2-437B-8B8B-21AEC94A4E51.thumb.jpeg.c39084441f25abca2d9b8f23e71cea71.jpeg

I hope Lucy is okay.

Many years ago when we took my black Persian cat to the vets he would get agitated and scratched me.

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It seems like you have all enjoyed yourselves.

Are you both staying on ?

The first time we came to Orlando on 6th October 1992 our plane landed at Bangor Maine to refuel.

There was snow at the sides of the runway.

We have another week here at the house we are currently renting...then we move on to the next one for two weeks, which is literally right over the rocks on an inlet north of Bar Harbor.  Tiny little typical Maine summer cottage,  probably 50 years old.  Will be a total difference from this brand new modern large home!  😮  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope Lucy is okay.

Many years ago when we took my black Persian cat to the vets he would get agitated and scratched me.

Just a regular visit today. She has no cares in the world and lives the vet. She rides to the appointment in a mini crate and rides home sitting on the passenger seat. She loves rides in the truck. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Is your sister now a convert to cold water lobsters???? I sure do miss my lobster, fried full belly clams and Maine blueberry pie. I have to wait until 2023 - feels like forever!!!

Bucky and Laurie did share a really delicious warm Maine Blueberry pie with ice cream yesterday!  😋

1 minute ago, island lady said:

We have another week here at the house we are currently renting...then we move on to the next one for two weeks, which is literally right over the rocks on an inlet north of Bar Harbor.  Tiny little typical Maine summer cottage,  probably 50 years old.  Will be a total difference from this brand new modern large home!  😮  

Leave a note for the birds with your new feeding location!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Leave a note for the birds with your new feeding location!!!!!

Yeah, poor birds will miss us, but new location birds will be thrilled!.  But at least we are giving them full and much needed bellies after their long migration trip up here.  Little Hummingbirds are soooo skinny!  My sugar water is starting to fatten them up.  😉 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Pass me dem grits and collards please!  😉  

For me..no to Collards...but yes (and brought bags with me 😉 ) on the grits.  😄 

And Bucky would definitely say a big yes to the sweet potato pie!!  

Would those be instant grits?

• Haha 1

Hiked nature preserve near Deer Island yesterday.  Was nice hike, and enjoyed exploring the shoreline when we got out there.  Mosquitos through the woods were a little too hungry though!  Forgot my bug spray, and need to wear long sleeves!  😮 

20210606_102315.jpg

20210606_104350.jpg

20210606_105132.jpg

20210606_112812.jpg

• Like 8