Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I haven’t been able to enjoy the excitement of watching progress on our own home since 1984…that’s a long time.

@M8VER3

I also miss the excitement.... since 1995.  We bought our flat "on paper" and had to wait a year for the building permit. 1st time for us "fashioning" our own.

I dreamed about a natural "nude" marble floor, but it was very expensive.

Then, one day, looking for bathrooms tiles, someone mentioned that they have an old stock of Italian marble on an "out of fashion" size (15.75 inches X 15.75 inches) for an affordable price, and I jumped on it, and never looked back.

The marble is very agreeable cold during the summer, walking barefoot, and in the winter (which is not long and cold here) -- mild.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks Graham...we are!  🙂 

Glad to hear that you both have having the best of days. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We went to church this morning.

Afterwards we got coffee's and fish o filets from McDonald's and took them to our usual beach viewing spot.

We then called at a local outlet mall then came home and washed the car.

It is currently 70°F and 16.18pm and we are sitting in the garden.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

16229927024393887455658598930240.jpg

What an amazing day to be outside in your yard. It’s sunny here but feels like 97F. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Glad to hear that you both have having the best of days. 

What an amazing day to be outside in your yard. It’s sunny here but feels like 97F. 

Yesterday I happened to look at the outside Temp, and it was in the mid 80s, humidity 74%, I checked my hometown in Pa , same temp, 44% humidity, and  in Ct where I last lived, same temp and 47% .

26 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Yesterday I happened to look at the outside Temp, and it was in the mid 80s, humidity 74%, I checked my hometown in Pa , same temp, 44% humidity, and  in Ct where I last lived, same temp and 47% .

We bought a dehumidifier last year really helps keeping the house comfortable on humid days.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George C said:

We bought a dehumidifier last year really helps keeping the house comfortable on humid days.

That was outside. Inside humidity was 50%. Last time I was in Dallas there wasn't any humidity. Had a lot of trouble staying hydrated.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

That was outside. Inside humidity was 50%. Last time I was in Dallas there wasn't any humidity. Had a lot of trouble staying hydrated.

We had a ton of rain recently and humidity inside was 70 percent before we turned on our dehumidifier, agree 50 percent is great.

• Like 1

Just now, George C said:

We had a ton of rain recently and humidity inside was 70 percent before we turned on our dehumidifier, agree 50 percent is great.

We haven't had any rain to amount to anything so far this year.  But we are just a big swamp that somebody drained enough to build houses on.

My late mam and dad bought a new build in 1970 and went over regularly to watch it's construction.

Mam died at home in November 2011 and dad died March 2012 and they lived at that home until they died.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

In response to the Wizard's comment of

They lied!!!!

Has to be true.  I read it on the internet!

You have a point there!!!! And "they" (whomever "they" are) are always right.

I am finding that the "golden years" are in fact the "rust years" and everything is going out of warranty..........including my car (which I am reminded daily with callers selling extended warranties).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Adding my birthday wishes Pat.  Hopefully next year you'll celebrate on a cruise! 😁

Thanks!  🙂  And oh gosh yes...I sure hope so.  Did the L&S from the cruise we would have just finished on Allure to same time, same place, on Harmony next year.  L&S the OS I was going to surprise Bucky with for our combo anniversary/birthday celebration.  (We usually do GS...this will be a nice change!. 😉 ). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Think of it as your old body has matured.I know the feeling. Cheers to you on your new trip around the sin and glad you had a wonderful Birthday.

Thanks!  It was good!  We delayed the Lobster pier lunch until today, just returned from that. Was fantastic...so fresh, great view and service.   Delicious!  😋

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

I am finding that the "golden years" are in fact the "rust years" and everything is going out of warranty..........including my car (which I am reminded daily with callers selling extended warranties).

I get the same call.... for a two year old car.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have a wonderful birthday.  Like fine wine, we only get better with age...at least I heard that somewhere!

I think that is a verified fact!!   At least I am sticking with that as well.  😉  

Thanks for the birthday wishes!  😄 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  It was good!  We delayed the Lobster pier lunch until today, just returned from that. Was fantastic...so fresh, great view and service.   Delicious!  😋

How do you like the New England weather this weekend?🙂

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you like the New England weather this weekend?🙂

It has gone from cold, windy, cloudy, rain/drizzle 55 degrees (clammy yuck!) the same time a week ago...to lower 80s and sunny...actually a bit warm in fact!  But appreciated.  

A bit warm so early in the season perhaps.  We usually don't make it up here until mid June.  

• Like 1

The big botanical gardens were not open (not until June 23rd 😞 )...but we found the Azalea garden walk, which was pretty as well.  Not as big, but a nice walk. 

20210605_132221.jpg

20210605_132634.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 13

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  🙂  And oh gosh yes...I sure hope so.  Did the L&S from the cruise we would have just finished on Allure to same time, same place, on Harmony next year.  L&S the OS I was going to surprise Bucky with for our combo anniversary/birthday celebration.  (We usually do GS...this will be a nice change!. 😉 ). 

😁 Pulling the plug booking three for 2022.  Wishing I could book more but that little thing called work 😠  Italy and Greece, here we come 😀 

• Like 5