Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Hope you have a great time at the shore house (and don't have to do that much clean up!).  

Bucky gets bored easy and likes to do repairs and cleaning at the homes we rent.  Keeps him out of trouble and the owners end up being pleasantly surprised.  😉 

We arrived at our shore house earlier today.  Overall the winter tenants left in decent condition.  Although they trashed the grille.  Eric will drive off the island to get a new one tonight.  

Whenever we rent houses we do chores too.  One house I painted their front and back doors and Eric told me, you cannot do that it's not your house.  The owners loved the color and were thrilled 😀

• Like 5

6 hours ago, voyager70 said:

My hair salon is still requiring masks, even if you're fully vaccinated, which I am.  Not happy today, sorry to vent folks.  I'm so over this.

If it makes you feel any better...mine is too.  Masks are still required in Calif. until June 15th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

If it makes you feel any better...mine is too.  Masks are still required in Calif. until June 15th.

Texas has very few establishments that currently require masks , drug stores, most restaurants, etc . Had my first first haircut this week that didn’t require a mask , many stores say you don’t need mask if you got your shots , of course know one checks that , glad I got both shots months ago. Glad most employees of stores , restaurants etc have masks.

• Like 2

We met with our building supervisor this after. Signed a bunch of paperwork and he went over the details and what we should expect. 

Electricians are scheduled for Wednesday to ground the rebar and set the races for the in slab (floor and island) power and receptacles. He hoped the slab would be poured Thursday or Friday. He has the block scheduled to start a week from Monday June 14. Trusses and lumber for the roof and walls scheduled for delivery the week of June 21st.   This part moves fast, the following stuff a lot slower. Her is our super going over our plans with us. 

7EA53215-33AD-4932-BBE6-83DD56E38208.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looking good. Should start to see a lot of progress now!

This part is moving fast. From the other builds in our area, it slows down. Lots of slow tedious stuff later. 

We rode our motorcycles to Corky Bells in Palatka for lunch. We rode by the lot on our way home. The boss let out a big happy Yelp when she saw the progress. 

Edited by M8VER3
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Heading out for the Bar Harbor/Northeast Harbor area.  Beautiful weather right now...got lucky!  🙂 

I'm just catching up.  Missed a lot last night and today.  Hope you had a beautiful day at Bar Harbor for your special day.  Make it a special week, that's what I do😁

• Like 2

12 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

You guys are going to get spoiled. We used to do balconies until we ended up on Majesty, which only has balconies with Suites. Our room attendant gave us a quick look at a GS on Majesty. Our next cruise was on a 11 night Serenade to Southern Caribbean. We were booked in a balcony. We decided to try to upgrade to a GS, however, they were all booked. We were given an option to waitlist for a GS.  About 2 months out, Royal called and said a GS cabin became available. We took it. Things haven’t been the same since. Boss says GS forever. I like the way see thinks. 

We havent done anything higher than a JS.  For us, we prefer to cruise several times a year.  And I love to do b2bs and b2b2bs.  Nothing like several weeks on a cruise ship.  I'm afraid that if we do a GS then my boss will cut back my number of sailings per year.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, voyager70 said:

My hair salon is still requiring masks, even if you're fully vaccinated, which I am.  Not happy today, sorry to vent folks.  I'm so over this.

I was at my hair salon and nail salon this past week, masks still needed there too!!   Ugghh.

Happy to say that I'm at Spray Beach, LBI, NJ and no masks needed anywhere I was today.  Think I saw maybe 2 or 3 people in food store but that's it.  🤩

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We havent done anything higher than a JS.  For us, we prefer to cruise several times a year.  And I love to do b2bs and b2b2bs.  Nothing like several weeks on a cruise ship.  I'm afraid that if we do a GS then my boss will cut back my number of sailings per year.  

We did 6 one year but 3 of them were weekend 3 night cruises. We sailed about 3-4 times a year up until 2019. Had a negative experience on one cruise so we switched to land based vacations. It was a pleasant change. We are looking forward to trying cruising again. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

We did 6 one year but 3 of them were weekend 3 night cruises. We sailed about 3-4 times a year up until 2019. Had a negative experience on one cruise so we switched to land based vacations. It was a pleasant change. We are looking forward to trying cruising again. 

Since we have been able to work remotely for several years now we cruise anywhere from 6 to 10 times a year.   The shortest was a 5 night and that is way too quick.  Like to do 10 to 12 nighters and absolutely  love when we do a month every january/february for the last couple of years.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

If you've never been on a Quantum class ship, you might want to give it a try.

It is a fun one, well laid out, and the 270 area is amazing.

Allure OTS is the newest ship I have been on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M8VER3 said:

This part is moving fast. From the other builds in our area, it slows down. Lots of slow tedious stuff later. 

We rode our motorcycles to Corky Bells in Palatka for lunch. We rode by the lot on our way home. The boss let out a big happy Yelp when she saw the progress. 

Have you ever passed by Eagle’s Nest Aerodrome south of Palatka and west of Crescent Lake off of Huntington Road/308? We used to fly in and stay with Mike L. (Mike’s godfather) and then a bunch of us would fly to Sun ‘n Fun. That’s me getting to do some touch and goes for my first time on floats. That’s also me landing with Mike L. hanger behind it. Sorry the pictures aren’t the best.

Screenshot_20210606-012513_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210606-012339_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 8