Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

You guys are going to get spoiled. We used to do balconies until we ended up on Majesty, which only has balconies with Suites. Our room attendant gave us a quick look at a GS on Majesty. Our next cruise was on a 11 night Serenade to Southern Caribbean. We were booked in a balcony. We decided to try to upgrade to a GS, however, they were all booked. We were given an option to waitlist for a GS.  About 2 months out, Royal called and said a GS cabin became available. We took it. Things haven’t been the same since. Boss says GS forever. I like the way see thinks. 

We're already spoiled.  We have a JS, two GS, and a CLS booked.  We REALLY like the CLS/deck 17 experience.  If we're not on Oasis class, we usually stay in a JS since the full suite amenities aren't as nice.  We have our first Quantum class experience next fall with an Alaska cruise in a JS on Quantum followed by Ovation to Hawaii in a GS.  We'll see if we end up viewing Quantum class just like Oasis class, preferring GS and up, or if we'll stay with a JS.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like everyone is having fun!     the lobster roll looks delicious. 

I just want to wish you a Very Happy Birthday tomorrow.   I know I am a day early but I maybe very busy tomorrow as we head to our shore house to clean up from the winter tenants and stay there for the rest of the month.     

We were trying to leave Thursday or today but the weather here hasn't been all that great and Eric wants to get the lawn mowed before we leave for a month.      

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - HAVE FUN AND ENJOY WHATEVER YOU DO 🥰

Thanks!  Hope you have a great time at the shore house (and don't have to do that much clean up!).  

Bucky gets bored easy and likes to do repairs and cleaning at the homes we rent.  Keeps him out of trouble and the owners end up being pleasantly surprised.  😉 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Great pictures - the lobstah roll looks delicious (drooling here) but that one picture of the Buckmaster.....I think he is trying to smoke the sweet potato fry!!!!!

Yeah, that was his joke...along with the "oh so serious" look.  Kind of a Humphrey Bogart thing.  😉 

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Sounds like a great celebration plan! Happy Birthday, just a few hours early.

Thanks...nice sunny day dawned for us.  Looking forward to getting out there to explore...and have a nice lunch and dinner.  🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@island lady

I'm kind of superstitious regarding wishing "Happy Birthday" ahead of time, so I've waited until now, when I suppose in Maine and all US (beside Hawaii)😉 is already June 5th....

Happy Birthday, Pat,

Hope your day will be a very enjoyable one 💐

Awww...thanks Dani!  Very sweet of you...as usual.  🙂 🥰

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'd spend my entire life either barefoot or in flip-flops if I could.  No problem driving or going to most other public places in flip-flops...it's just normal for many people (in Florida, not here in Ohio).  I actually have a 3rd "mode" that Micheline hates...ankle socks with no shoes.  It's close to being barefoot but with a little more warmth if the weather is cooler or the AC is cranked.  She hates it because she mostly does the laundry and the bottom of my socks can get nasty. 

Oh yeah, can't forget the 4th shoe mode of wearing golf shoes.  I wear Ecco golf shoes which are as comfortable as sneakers.  Great for 18 holes and the 19th hole after.

LOL...Yeah, I know about that laundry thing with Bucky's "two tone" socks.  White on top...black on the bottom.  😮  Then...when he does yard work with his boots and socks...ughh!!  😉 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The snakes don't bother the turtles?

Gopher Tortoises are huge...too big and chunky for snakes.  😉  

The Rattlers are lazy and will steal the Gopher's home...but usually after they have abandoned it.  Just don't stick your hand down one.  😮 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I so prefer FLL over MIA.

Me too.  🙂   Though naturally in a perfect world for me...they would all embark out of PC.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Three OS for us.  All on the Harmony  January March and May 2022

We were supposed to be in an OS on Allure right now for our celebrations..today would have been the last day (at sea).   😭

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're already spoiled.  We have a JS, two GS, and a CLS booked.  We REALLY like the CLS/deck 17 experience.  If we're not on Oasis class, we usually stay in a JS since the full suite amenities aren't as nice.  We have our first Quantum class experience next fall with an Alaska cruise in a JS on Quantum followed by Ovation to Hawaii in a GS.  We'll see if we end up viewing Quantum class just like Oasis class, preferring GS and up, or if we'll stay with a JS.

Same with us...we adore the JS corner aft cabins on Radiance and Vision class.  

On Oasis class our usual is a GS...but our next cruise (assuming it still goes) is B2B CLS on Harmony end of November.  Not sure if we will like those stairs, and I don't think the bathroom (even though there are two) is as nice as a GS or OS.  But I do love the location!  🙂 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

We were supposed to be in an OS on Allure right now for our celebrations..today would have been the last day (at sea).   😭

We always book GS , we liked our OS on oasis thought it was almost too big for the two of us. My favorite suite is definitely celebrity royal huge balcony with hot tub (which we never used) but will on our next cruise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle

Marrietta, sending positive thoughts to your lovely dog. May he beat the odds.

Thanks Dani.  My son had him at the hospital the other day and they said it could be three weeks or three months.  He has been pretty perky but is on a lot of medication.  Here he is with his “brothers”D888E9E1-2276-4FD2-BA06-51E5E2C64377.thumb.jpeg.78d8e5e82f221a6056bea1e5f1f2ac7d.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Not sure if we will like those stairs, and I don't think the bathroom (even though there are two) is as nice as a GS or OS.  But I do love the location!  🙂 

I think the "quality" of the upstairs bathroom depends on the ship. Symphony CLS bathrooms weren't that luxurious.  The downstairs bath was basically a glorified balcony bath.  Still, 2 bathrooms was worth it.  I was relegated to the downstairs bathroom, along with my clothes in the downstairs closet.  Allowed us to spread out nicely.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

My hair salon is still requiring masks, even if you're fully vaccinated, which I am.  Not happy today, sorry to vent folks.  I'm so over this.

My wife would be furious. She had her hair cut about 3 weeks ago (Florida) and the shop was full (4 chairs) and no masks. Before there was no waiting inside the salon - she had to wait in the car until the customer left but that was months ago.

• Like 1