Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I don't miss basements at all.  This house we are at right now has one, with the laundry machines in it.  Uggh...detest climbing up and down those stairs to do laundry.  And always cold down there.  

I love our basement as it's finished as is home to our home theater plus we have a separate storage area. Our house has the laundry room on the second floor which we love. Makes it so easy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are sending you birthday wishes for tomorrow Pat.

It sounds like you have a great day organised plus that nice ice cold bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to put the icing on the cake.👍🥞🎂

Thanks Graham!  Sun is trying to peek out of the clouds right now...we changed our plans for hiking due to the weather.  Will try again on Sunday.  

• Like 2

It is 15.15pm and 75°F here.

We called to get some food shopping and now we are sitting having lunch in the garden.

Pauline loves powerhosing our back patios so I set everything up and moved all the garden furniture etc but my arthritic right hip and knee are aching so I will have to sit in the sun and hopefully the heat and painkillers will ease the pain.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 4

@M8VER3

I'm very impressed with the attention given to the turtles' "well-being".

And a question about the trees -- if you had, let's say, 11 trees on your lot "before", are you required to plant anew the same number of trees, or you can "buy" them to be planted on the city's lot??

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

The drive along Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island "Park Loop Road" yesterday.  

Thanks, Pat, for the fond memories. May be this was one of the spots we stopped, for sure the other one was Jordan Pond.

• Like 1

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Pat, for the fond memories. May be this was one of the spots we stopped, for sure the other one was Jordan Pond.

You are most welcome...glad enjoyed the pictures!  

We headed into Jordan Pond, but found the same thing as before...so crowded you could not find a parking spot. Yikes...and it's early in the season!  😮 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

but my arthritic right hip and knee are aching so I will have to sit in the sun and hopefully the heat and painkillers will ease the pain

That's sucks.... In my experience, the sun is a great remedy.

Hopefully, the sun and the painkillers will work their magic. Stay well 🥰

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M8VER3 said:

Pictures please. We are supposed to be on her in December for 8 night Southern Caribbean. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, I’d love to see pics too. Almost booked her for January. 6 nights to short and 8 were too long. 

Posted these on Odyssey thread

Disney Dream on left. Sorry about haze

20210604_083816.thumb.jpg.07c96d8ee5915dbfc0a5fee94dda548f.jpg

actually went down on the sand

IMG_0305a.thumb.JPG.bf87812465b669f83d42cc4306e074a8.JPG

Welcome to the Space Coast

IMG_0311a.thumb.JPG.eec898c5011bd6bbff91f2a2adb71b92.JPG

• Like 10

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Wow!  You have a good memory.  😄  

Have selected an old historical Inn in Northeast Harbor for lunch, they have a beautiful view of the harbor from their restaurant deck outside the hotel.  And really great food.  The Popovers there are famous.  Then a walk up to the beautiful garden park near there.  Quite the hike up the hill, but so worth it with great views and botanical gardens.  

Dinner will be at Perry's Lobster shack...literally a shack (think Garden shed type) perched on a working lobster dock that they scattered picnic tables on.  Fantastic fresh steamed lobster with sides of corn and coleslaw..plus "BYOB".   They encourage you to bring your own wine, with will be a nicely iced down bottle of Sauvignon Blanc I have in the fridge right now.  😉 

Easy to remember because grandson's 6th birthday is also the 5th of June. He was born on a Friday (donut boy)  He is at Universal Orlando for his birthday.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Sounds right...  as in wrong... welcome to HOA sucks discussion

Yeah.  We can’t actually see our boat dock.  Worse than the HOA is the Army Corp of Engineers.  The lake we live on is “owned “ by them.  They control everything up.to an elevation of 340 feet.  So our lot stops there.  They have rules about what you can do on their land.  We have a permit to underbrush it, but can’t remove any trees.  The dock is shared by several lots and isn’t directly behind us.  It’s a bit of a pain, but I love all the wildlife.  Everything from beavers to deer to fox.  And lots of birds of prey.

After 30 years in Atlanta, this is perfect.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

I’ve forgotten to change my shoes…

😁 Do u drive to work? I cannot drive with flip-flops 😁

Reminds me -- DH likes only one kind of stringless shoes, so when finally we find something for him, we usually buy 2 pairs -- black and dark brown.

He is sitting at a professional meeting [conference table], and suddenly discovers he's wearing one black and one dark brown... He quickly pushed his feet under the table.

With different socks happens every time.

I was not surprised one bit....

• Like 2

@island lady Pat I hope you have a great Birthday tomorrow! Your celebration sounds like it will be awesome. I have a full weekend of weddings and graduation parties I must attend so I won't be around these pages, but I wanted you have a great day celebrating your latest trip around the sun. Cheers to you tomorrow!

Greg Sea Dog

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😁 Do u drive to work? I cannot drive with flip-flops 😁

Reminds me -- DH likes only one kind of stringless shoes, so when finally we find something for him, we usually buy 2 pairs -- black and dark brown.

He is sitting at a professional meeting [conference table], and suddenly discovers he's wearing one black and one dark brown... He quickly pushed his feet under the table.

With different socks happens every time.

I was not surprised one bit....

That's funny Dani, I can't drive with flip flops either.  Glad I'm not the only one!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

No basement is one of my biggest concerns with our Florida house.  We have a LOT of storage within the house (cabinets/closets) and will be adding more, and we have 4' X 8' hanging shelves above the cars in the garage.  But we have no big spaces for big stuff like a workbench. I'm told that most people use part of their garage and park their cars in the driveway.  We only have a 2 car garage and I'm not interested in leaving my car outside year round.  We'll see how it works.

You will used to it, we have 1 car and a golf cart in our garage, other car sits outside.  You do learn what you really need.  Have been in SC without a basement for almost 4 years, have been going thru what we stored to purge what's not been used here, quite a lot!

44 minutes ago, ATG said:

Yeah.  We can’t actually see our boat dock.  Worse than the HOA is the Army Corp of Engineers.  The lake we live on is “owned “ by them.  They control everything up.to an elevation of 340 feet.  So our lot stops there.  They have rules about what you can do on their land.  We have a permit to underbrush it, but can’t remove any trees.  The dock is shared by several lots and isn’t directly behind us.  It’s a bit of a pain, but I love all the wildlife.  Everything from beavers to deer to fox.  And lots of birds of prey.

Our 2nd home in PA is on a lake like that, used to be owned by PP&L, the power company, since the dam generated power.  We had some dead trees on our lot a few years ago, had to have them approve removing, then we had to pay for it.  A picture from the water back to the house, we officially own about 10 foot out from the house.

20210526_152754.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ATG said:

Our lake house is on a Corp lake, and I hate the Corp, but I can park my boat in my driveway if I wanted, so that is one upside to the Corp over a HOA. 😂

We have a dock, without a slip, but we could add a slip, but I would have to get my neighbors docks who are illegally too close to our dock supposed to have 100 foot clearance to move 15 feet on both sides.  My brother didn’t want a slip because it would block our view.  So, now that he is deceased, my SIL wants to keep his wishes, so I am not forcing the issue on my neighbors.  We petitioned the corp to allow us to build a dock, to the left of our neighbors dock.  It has to be within 200 feet of our property.  The corp declined because at 915’ power pool of the lake it is 208’.  This is the capricious nature of the corps.  

We have a dock in front of my nephews cabin it is 6 slips, but the neighbor we built that dock with sold his house and 3 slips to a complete A Hole.  So, we want to build one where only family A-holes will be a problem.  

JC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I don't miss basements at all.  This house we are at right now has one, with the laundry machines in it.  Uggh...detest climbing up and down those stairs to do laundry.  And always cold down there.  

Sounds like a Bucky job to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1