Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I am definitely a flip flop or bare foot girl.    If I could I wear flip flops during the winter (I go barefoot in the house, yard, driveway, walks to the beach, etc. on a regular basis.    

A couple years ago Eric and I showed up at my parents house to help my Father put a new roof on his shed and my Mom was freaking out when she saw I had flip flops on.     I was up and down that ladder the whole day in my flip flops without a problem.    Put shoes on me I feel like I trip myself up.    I love my clogs and booties in the winter but it is quite an adjustment when I have to make the switch over. 

• Like 4

Just received an email from Royal. Our Indy cruise in October has been canceled and we are now on Odyssey. They are doing this automatically, and for the same price.

WE has scheduled on Odyssey back in February, so we may still get to go on her this year. 

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Just received an email from Royal. Our Indy cruise in October has been canceled and we are now on Odyssey. They are doing this automatically, and for the same price.

WE has scheduled on Odyssey back in February, so we may still get to go on her this year. 

Nice upgrade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always fun to watch the process.     I worked for a homebuilder many years ago and always enjoyed going to the job sites when I had to meet the buyers.     

Never heard of a Golpher Turtle.    That's a new one to me. 

The 3rd picture down looks like a dent in the hood of a car ??   Hopefully I'm seeing it wrong. 

Thanks. 

No dents I’m aware of. Some of the pictures are out the front window of my car. 

Here is a recent picture of a Gopher Turtle. They dig a big hole (burrow). Many other critters often share their home with them. In our area, Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnakes typically share a Gopher Turtle burrow. They both like the common surrounding areas. Gopher Turtles are now protected. 

DD734F3F-E2BA-4E7C-8100-F1A29CE90C2B.jpeg

B9560C9A-3CEA-40FE-B99D-A022CA37F924.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnakes typically share a Gopher Turtle burrow. They both like the common surrounding areas. Gopher Turtles are now protected. 

The snakes don't bother the turtles?

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The snakes don't bother the turtles?

Don’t seem to. Certainly the snakes can’t eat them once they get a little size. I don’t think the fangs/teeth can bite into the hard shell. Rattlesnakes like the burrow as rats/mice frequent the same areas and are great protein for snakes. They seem to cooperate together. I’ve heard stories of these Gopher burrows as a Rattlesnake Den. Generally, we you find one Rattlesnake in a great location, you’ll find many more. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M8VER3 said:

Thanks. 

No dents I’m aware of. Some of the pictures are out the front window of my car. 

Here is a recent picture of a Gopher Turtle. They dig a big hole (burrow). Many other critters often share their home with them. In our area, Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnakes typically share a Gopher Turtle burrow. They both like the common surrounding areas. Gopher Turtles are now protected. 

DD734F3F-E2BA-4E7C-8100-F1A29CE90C2B.jpeg

B9560C9A-3CEA-40FE-B99D-A022CA37F924.jpeg

Great photos Rory.  We were in FL in April and there was a resident turtle who lived just outside our condo.  He would periodically come out for a snack and look around.  We loved watching him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

That is definitely a win win.     Did they assign your cabin # yet?

• Like 1

We got switched to Odyssey for our October cruise also. As its the only class I haven't been on yet I'm not complaining! As its a new ship should not be an issue with cabin assignment.

My other two cruises this year also have ship changes so hopefully those will also work out OK as I had chosen cabins in a specific area on those also.

Mary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

4 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

We got switched to Odyssey for our October cruise also. As its the only class I haven't been on yet I'm not complaining! As its a new ship should not be an issue with cabin assignment.

My other two cruises this year also have ship changes so hopefully those will also work out OK as I had chosen cabins in a specific area on those also.

Mary

I would just recommend you check your cabins as soon as you get the assignment. If you have balconies there are some on Quantum class with obstructed views. This is not an issue on Freedom class ships.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would just recommend you check your cabins as soon as you get the assignment. If you have balconies there are some on Quantum class with obstructed views. This is not an issue on Freedom class ships.

I had the same thought. That say the changes will show up on the sixth. Think  they know that is Sunday.

Edited by mo&fran

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I so prefer FLL over MIA.

Us too, its only 10 minutes closer from home but always seems much easier to get too. If we have to drive we use Park and Go which is better and cheaper than port of Miami.

DH had a call from our TA ref our Sept B2B on Liberty out of Galveston. We're now on Independence instead, same cabin category, and the second week is now 8 day instead of 7, no additional charge. Liberty apparently will be in dry dock.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

DH had a call from our TA ref our Sept B2B on Liberty out of Galveston. We're now on Independence instead, same cabin, and the second week is now 8 day instead of 7, no additional charge. Apparently Liberty is going to dry dock.

That makes sense, it  was reported on the boards earlier that Indy was headed for Galveston.  I wondered about our cruise, now I know .

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow!  You have a good memory.  😄  

Have selected an old historical Inn in Northeast Harbor for lunch, they have a beautiful view of the harbor from their restaurant deck outside the hotel.  And really great food.  The Popovers there are famous.  Then a walk up to the beautiful garden park near there.  Quite the hike up the hill, but so worth it with great views and botanical gardens.  

Dinner will be at Perry's Lobster shack...literally a shack (think Garden shed type) perched on a working lobster dock that they scattered picnic tables on.  Fantastic fresh steamed lobster with sides of corn and coleslaw..plus "BYOB".   They encourage you to bring your own wine, with will be a nicely iced down bottle of Sauvignon Blanc I have in the fridge right now.  😉 

Sounds like a great celebration plan! Happy Birthday, just a few hours early.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Even better, it leaving from Port Everglade, Indy was Miami.   FLL is a 45 minute drive from my house.

Kinda sucks… but one heck of a trade off. I’d say congrats are in order. 👍

• Like 1

Turned out to be beautiful afternoon.  The honey bees were active this afternoon. There must have been a 100 buzzing the flowers. 

604A48AC-B47A-44B1-94C2-6F3B46E936BE.thumb.jpeg.f5f34331e64a15e0eb1febbddd6340a3.jpeg

D8718E9C-16CE-4A7F-BDAD-3CA0A9D31E31.thumb.jpeg.2f42f379442e53d04f42a49684c09bd2.jpeg

69CF59F4-5B5B-4313-AC81-AFA4196A9136.thumb.jpeg.7df74789729c24455c89f83096fb20ab.jpeg

Lucy was not so active while I was grilling burgers. 

9721CB88-C4B9-44A4-89D6-9CCDC8B3F7AF.thumb.jpeg.f8d63cfb4282f0772e19c639390d43b2.jpeg

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Kinda sucks… but one heck of a trade off. I’d say congrats are in order. 👍

Mia is twice as long.    We are north of the 2 ports. A win win. WE prefer using FLL.

• Like 2