Now for something completely different

18 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

This is my final tribute of love and respect for Granny (my name for Lynn's mom).

GrannyBox.thumb.jpg.90d3d9e5b78bece298351748a0d8f950.jpg

Obviously been made by a very skilled Joiner. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

This is my final tribute of love and respect for Granny (my name for Lynn's mom).

It is beautiful. The timber is gorgeous and obviously made by a skilful artisan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2024 at 3:11 PM, Blackduck59 said:

That is a beautiful box, Lyle.  Did you make the flowers?

10 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is a beautiful box, Lyle.  Did you make the flowers?

Yes that is my maker's mark, I put it on my personal projects (often in places where it is never seen, only the owner knows it's there). Those particular flowers were for a project I abandoned more than 40 years ago. I still had them. Originally I was going to make the box out of Cherry but I saw that board and it literally said "use me". I don't particularly like carving white oak so a different technique was required; so rather than carve the mark in I laid the flowers on. They are made from Western Maple and the centers are Walnut.

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Yes that is my maker's mark, I put it on my personal projects (often in places where it is never seen, only the owner knows it's there). Those particular flowers were for a project I abandoned more than 40 years ago. I still had them. Originally I was going to make the box out of Cherry but I saw that board and it literally said "use me". I don't particularly like carving white oak so a different technique was required; so rather than carve the mark in I laid the flowers on. They are made from Western Maple and the centers are Walnut.

The flowers are beautiful, Lyle.  Hard to believe they are made of wood.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 4:48 PM, Blackduck59 said:

You obviously are a talented artisan - didn't realise at first that you had made the box. It truly is gorgeous and made with love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Steady now I haven't watched the race yet.

Thought you’d be watching live no matter the hour, with your known enthusiasm.  Not another word.🤐

So I am watching the race now. Being part of the "anyone but Max" group I was pleased to see the disappointing result for him. Lynn was simply ecstatic, her dislike for Max knows no boundaries. 

Of course being a Lewis fan I was disappointed for his result. It's looking more and more that the move to Ferrari will give him a car he can compete in. That being said it will put pressure on Lewis to perform, he won't be able to blame the car.

• Like 3

Surgery tomorrow on my achilles. After seeing the surgeon, I will now be out of action for the next 3-4 months. This is very depressing as we were expecting a 8 -10 weeks recovery. We have just cancelled our trip to Europe in June and will be postponing our Cape York trip in July to next year.:classic_sad:

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Surgery tomorrow on my achilles. After seeing the surgeon, I will now be out of action for the next 3-4 months. This is very depressing as we were expecting a 8 -10 weeks recovery. We have just cancelled our trip to Europe in June and will be postponing our Cape York trip in July to next year.:classic_sad:

I'm sorry to hear that, Mic. I hope it all heals well and you don't get too frustrated by the healing process. Take care.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Commiserations, Mic and Rosie.  So sorry about your necessary cancellations, too.  Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, Mic.  I know I can say everyone will be thinking of you.  Let us know how you're faring, when you can.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good luck Mic, hope all goes well. Pity you will miss your European trip, at least you should be fit and healthy by the time your Cape York trip comes around next year.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

WOW....that just Sucks!!! So sorry. Hope your surgery goes well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 5:39 PM, MicCanberra said:

Hope the surgery went ok Mic, you have had a rough trot with the Achilles.  Get better soon. I am sure Nurse Rosie is looking after you.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, the operation went well as far as I know. Now recovery time it's been 1 day and I'm already restless.

Do chair yoga! You can find instructions online, or e-books on Amazon, for the various exercises. It will give you some exercise without putting weight on your leg.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, the operation went well as far as I know. Now recovery time it's been 1 day and I'm already restless.

Get well soon Mic. I can relate. I'm barely over surgery from Mid-December and I have another one scheduled for May10th. Just want to get them over with. Wishing you a speedy recovery BUT a healthy one and that takes a bit of time. Want you back on-track for that next cruise and the one after that and the one after that......

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am still on the meds so shouldn't be doing that much elbow bending unless it is only water.:classic_wink:

Wishing you all the very best for a quick recovery, Mic. A day at a time with an awesome cruise at the end of it?🙂

• Like 3