Celebrity Future Cruise Credits - Where do they appear?

Longwood50

I had two cruises planned.  One on Princess and one on Celebrity.  Princess puts FCC directly into your membership account that you log in to when going to their web site.  Do they put them as part of the Captains Club or is there another way? 

I have read that they are being e mailed, but have no recent experience. We are due to sail on August 1st, so will be following this thread, as will be cancelling due to Celebrity requiring a Drs note for the over 70’s.

I have one cancelled through my TA, but i'm still waiting after 2 weeks for mine to appear. Once it does i'm having it applied to my Nov Cruise which I really am hoping still goes ahead with having to change anything. Flights cruise and stay...….. 

I wonder if the FCC email is based on the date you cancel or the date of the original sail?   I cancelled our Alaska cruise in the middle of March, but the sail date is not until end of May.   I have not received the email yet.

9 minutes ago, lostchild said:

I wonder if the FCC email is based on the date you cancel or the date of the original sail?   I cancelled our Alaska cruise in the middle of March, but the sail date is not until end of May.   I have not received the email yet.

I think you are correct about the timing of the FCC.

We cancelled a cruise scheduled for July , with a NRD  ( $200 ) and was told by Celebrity that they will still issue a FCC for the entire amount, however , closer to sailing date. I think that's a very nice gesture since the booking was a NRD .

Its funny how everyone does not answer a question. Where do you credits go? At first I thought its some sort of a credit in an application or a designated application or smth. Or I thought they will issue some sort of a bonus card that they will ship to everyone.. In any case I am glad that these credits are being issued one way or another. Guys, please share how do you get these credits

I received mine via e-mail on Friday.    They aren't even a certificate as the name implies but a simple e-mail.   The same day I received a combination of both certificates on a single page from our Travel Agent.   She told me to apply the certificate all she has to do is to enter the certificate numbers into the reservation system.

2020-04-12_10-11-06.thumb.jpg.45eb8045501033f25c45a0c002bc5162.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Its funny how everyone does not answer a question. Where do you credits go? At first I thought its some sort of a credit in an application or a designated application or smth. Or I thought they will issue some sort of a bonus card that they will ship to everyone.. In any case I am glad that these credits are being issued one way or another. Guys, please share how do you get these credits

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you mean "how are they delivered", the FCC's are sent by Celebrity in the form of an email. If you mean "how are they earned", they are credits issued by Celebrity when you or the cruise line cancel a cruise. It's a bit more complex than that, but that's the quick and dirty explanation.

We should be cruising in Japan right now and our cruise was one of the first canceled in mid-February.  We still haven't gotten our FCC but I assume that is because our cruise was later than some that have since been canceled.   Someone on Cruise critic tried to say that the FCC cruise had to be BOOKED before Dec. 31, 2021 but I see from your email, Jim, that isn't true.   Guess I better find another cruise to book next year although I'm nervous about when cruising will really resume.

As mentioned above, the FCC notification is sent by email.

When you have FCC applied to another cruise, you will receive a new confirmation for that cruise. It will just mention a new fare (reduced by the FCC). 

For example:

Previous fare was $2000 and a $800 FCC is then applied. Your new confirmation will simply state a new cruise fare of $1200. 
Celebrity can see in their system that an FCC was applied. You can’t.

Edited by Miaminice

10 hours ago, Miaminice said:

As mentioned above, the FCC notification is sent by email.

When you have FCC applied to another cruise, you will receive a new confirmation for that cruise. It will just mention a new fare (reduced by the FCC). 

For example:

Previous fare was $2000 and a $800 FCC is then applied. Your new confirmation will simply state a new cruise fare of $1200. 
Celebrity can see in their system that an FCC was applied. You can’t.

I rebooked using FCC last night, and I'm pretty disturbed that nowhere on my invoice does it show the full value of the cruise. It's like the $7,000+ I paid for the cruise that Celebrity cancelled has just vanished. Now my new invoice shows a cruise fare of $40 per person, but that does me no good for proving how much we have paid Celebrity for travel insurance purposes. Also, what if they cancel this new cruise, too? Do I only get back $40 per person since that's the fare I have supposedly paid on my invoice? I will be calling them today to ask these questions, but it's adding to my stress level right now.

30 minutes ago, robmab said:

I rebooked using FCC last night, and I'm pretty disturbed that nowhere on my invoice does it show the full value of the cruise. It's like the $7,000+ I paid for the cruise that Celebrity cancelled has just vanished. Now my new invoice shows a cruise fare of $40 per person, but that does me no good for proving how much we have paid Celebrity for travel insurance purposes. Also, what if they cancel this new cruise, too? Do I only get back $40 per person since that's the fare I have supposedly paid on my invoice? I will be calling them today to ask these questions, but it's adding to my stress level right now.

Unfortunately that´s how it´s done!

HOWEVER, should the cruise be cancelled by them or you, the FCC can be moved to the next cruise. It´s not seen as redeemed (they changed that). So in terms of insurance, the money is not lost and can not be claimed - only the difference ($ 40 in your example). 

You can´t claim double 😉

Should the cruise be cancelled by them, the FCC will be moved. BUT any extra offer (currently 25%) will only be calculated of the difference - so in your example 25% of $40.

The FCC has no cash value. They see it as a discount.

I had Euro 2,000 FCC from a previous problem applied to a cruise which was eventually cancelled by Celebrity when they still offered 50% extra because of the cancellation. I did not lose EUR 2,000 FCC but only received the extra 50% of the difference paid.  

Edited by Miaminice