Suspension extended to 11 June

uktog

2 hours ago, AJCM said:
Here are my various emails with customer service on this matter. Suggest you start from the bottom of the message and read upwards.
Tony

[THREAD ID:1-KT3IT9T]
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Azamara. We are deeply sorry for the delay in our reply and hope this email finds you well.
 If you make back to back bookings, you will receive the on board credit for those. It does not transfer over, but will be there for any back to backs you book.
Thanks for choosing Azamara.

Lesa
Azamara Cruises

-----Original Message-----
Sent:  03/26/2020 03:04:36 PM
To:  "AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com" <AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com>
Subject:  Re: [EXTERNAL] Future Cruise Credit clarification

EXTERNAL EMAIL CAUTION: Use caution opening attachments or clicking links.

Thank you

Also please confirm whether the existing on board credit can be applied to next year’s cruises. If so, we’ll be able to afford to book a third consecutive cruise next year.

Regards

Tony

Sent from my iPad

> On 27 Mar 2020, at 1:26 am, "AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com" <AzamaraCustomerService@azamara.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Tony,
>
> Yes, we can apply the credit towards your existing reservation, as long as it has not been paid in full.
> Thank you,
>
>
>
> [THREAD ID:1-KT3IT9T]
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----

> From: 
> Sent:  03/25/2020 08:58:59 AM
> To:  "Azamaracustomerservice@azamara.com" <Azamaracustomerservice@azamara.com>
> Cc:  
> Subject:  [EXTERNAL] Future Cruise Credit clarification
>
> EXTERNAL EMAIL CAUTION: Use caution opening attachments or clicking links.
>
> Hi
>
> I have 2 queries
>
> 1 I have B2B2B booked this year which are likely to be cancelled. Can I apply FCC to an existing B2B booking for June/July 2021 or must it be a new booking. If the latter, will I be able to cancel the 2021 booking, so as to re-book, but retain my present OBC
> for the 2021 cruises.
>
> 2 I have on board credit for this year's B2B2B. Will this be transferable to my 2021 bookings?
>
> Thanks
>

That seems to settle it!

Many thanks. 

If this comes to pass, it does not look like our June 20 cruise on Journey out of Barcelona would happen:

Spain will not allow tourism, culture or leisure until Christmas

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/2020/04/18/5e9b14a8e2704ed5368b45f0.html

Cruise Industy News had an article on saildates for RCCL ships, with Vision and Allure  sailing out of Barcelona on June 13 and 14, respectively, subject to change due to COVID-19.   Did not see a listing for Azamara.

1 hour ago, the mice said:

If this comes to pass, it does not look like our June 20 cruise on Journey out of Barcelona would happen:

Spain will not allow tourism, culture or leisure until Christmas

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/2020/04/18/5e9b14a8e2704ed5368b45f0.html

Cruise Industy News had an article on saildates for RCCL ships, with Vision and Allure  sailing out of Barcelona on June 13 and 14, respectively, subject to change due to COVID-19.   Did not see a listing for Azamara.

Mice, I'm confused. If Spain isn't allowing tourists before December, how can cruise ships sail out of Barcelona, Spain in June?  

49 minutes ago, LakeSideKen said:

Mice, I'm confused. If Spain isn't allowing tourists before December, how can cruise ships sail out of Barcelona, Spain in June?  

LakeSideKen, that is exactly my point.   If you read what I said:  If this comes to pass, it does not look like our June 20 cruise on Journey out of Barcelona would happen"  

But I found it ironic that RCCL has listed their expected sailings out of Barcelona in an article in Cruise Industry News.  Obviously, that information was provided by RCCL before this article in the Spanish press.   And, AFAIK, there has not yet been an official announcement by the Spanish government so this is a bit of speculation.   That's why I said "if this comes to pass."

Personally, I think it highly unlikely that cruising in the Med is going to start mid-June for any number of reasons.  Opening up the local economies of France, Spain and Italy will be enough of a challenge without dealing with cruises, but again, this is my personal opinion.  Since our June 11 cruise has been cancelled (as well as flights, etc.), I am hoping that our June 20 (part 2 of a B2B) will be also be cancelled because 1.) I don't want an FCC and 2.) I cannot see how the onshore experience will be anything like what we would have experienced pre-COVID-19.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the mice said:

LakeSideKen, that is exactly my point.   If you read what I said:  If this comes to pass, it does not look like our June 20 cruise on Journey out of Barcelona would happen"  

But I found it ironic that RCCL has listed their expected sailings out of Barcelona in an article in Cruise Industry News.  Obviously, that information was provided by RCCL before this article in the Spanish press.   And, AFAIK, there has not yet been an official announcement by the Spanish government so this is a bit of speculation.   That's why I said "if this comes to pass."

Personally, I think it highly unlikely that cruising in the Med is going to start mid-June for any number of reasons.  Opening up the local economies of France, Spain and Italy will be enough of a challenge without dealing with cruises, but again, this is my personal opinion.  Since our June 11 cruise has been cancelled (as well as flights, etc.), I am hoping that our June 20 (part 2 of a B2B) will be also be cancelled because 1.) I don't want an FCC and 2.) I cannot see how the onshore experience will be anything like what we would have experienced pre-COVID-19.  

the mice -- what I find the most troubling is when I click on the link at the top regarding Italy's reopening plans-

At the end of phase 3 it has: Beyond March 31: The last step will be to reopen the borders and allow travel --  that is March 31, 2021! 

IF this comes to pass, then that would be a big impact!

4 hours ago, the mice said:

From an Australian point of view, we'd be very surprised if our Australian international borders open up for the remainder of 2020. We are booked on a September 10 Southhampton to Barcelona and don't expect that to occur.  I think I can safely say Azamara will have very few, if any, Australian onboard for the remainder of 2020.  Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

From an Australian point of view, we'd be very surprised if our Australian international borders open up for the remainder of 2020. We are booked on a September 10 Southhampton to Barcelona and don't expect that to occur.  I think I can safely say Azamara will have very few, if any, Australian onboard for the remainder of 2020.  Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I think you are probably right, particularly as it is likely Spain will have borders closed to Tourism until the end of the year.

We have a cruise booked in October, but also don't really expect to be able to go.

6 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I think you are probably right, particularly as it is likely Spain will have borders closed to Tourism until the end of the year.

We have a cruise booked in October, but also don't really expect to be able to go.

I’m managing my expectations too Trish. 

Phil 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We're booked on Pursuit July 6 British Isles. What's the word on port openings/travel in the UK? 

Not good at present, sorry.  They are talking about a gradual relaxation of rules only - certainly nothing unlocking until 11 May at the very very earliest.

I am due to sail from Venice with Azamara to Barcelona in October.  Even now I am very pessemistic about it taking place bearing in mind the situation in both Italy and Spain.  Personally I feel that once they start relaxing things there will be a second wave of the virus.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks....We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Stay Safe and Stay Healthy

Suzy, my issue regardless of how open things are (and that is a big question here in Europe) is I definitely do not want to travel in the close environments of a plane and a cruise ship before a suitable vaccine or treatment is out there and that could be months away. 

Phil 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Suzy, my issue regardless of how open things are (and that is a big question here in Europe) is I definitely do not want to travel in the close environments of a plane and a cruise ship before a suitable vaccine or treatment is out there and that could be months away. 

Phil 

We’re feeling that way too, Phil.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

We’re feeling that way too, Phil.

This will be a common thought of many would be Azamara passengers, who all are more at risk at 60 or above.  As it is, all over 70 will need physician letters.  No physician will sign off  on these letters before there is a vaccine.  Between that issue and Azamara's bread and butter being Italy and Spain, this is the perfect storm for Azamara.  

25 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

This will be a common thought of many would be Azamara passengers, who all are more at risk at 60 or above.  As it is, all over 70 will need physician letters.  No physician will sign off  on these letters before there is a vaccine.  Between that issue and Azamara's bread and butter being Italy and Spain, this is the perfect storm for Azamara.  

Well, I figured much the same, but via WhatsApp I contacted our GP here in Italy, and she confirmed that she would sign the form! We have had a death and others tested positive in our community. The lockdown is being observed by the citizens here! 

• Like 1

I'm a little way off 60, but still concerned. This is not something anyone wants to risk getting at any age. It is unpleasant at best and deadly at worst. And travelling in a flying tube to a destination like a cruise ship is particularly risky in my view. 

Obviously everyone has to make their own decision. I know what mine is. 

Phil 

• Like 2

We're booked on the Journey from Athens on October 3rd. All three ships are meant to meet in Koper on October 8th for a joint azamazing evening. At the moment I just cannot see this happening. Unless we have a widely available vaccine or a decent treatment then it would be untenable for us to travel. I am also wary as if we pay the balance and it's cancelled it seems a painful process to obtain a refund. I would love to cruise with Azamara again but we are now wondering whether our cruise last October was our last for a long time. I really hope Azamara can survive as a standalone brand but the longer this goes on I have my doubts. 

We are booked on the Pursuit in both July and November.  I can not even imagine taking flights that vary between 14.5 hours and 9 hours and then getting on a ship.  I know Azamara will do it’s best to keep us safe and sound but being in an airplane puts us at risk for getting the virus from someone that does not know they have it and then bringing it to the ship. Most countries will not want people crossing borders.  I just want to stay safe and maybe this year stay local.  Time to get new patio furniture.....help the local economy and enjoy our lanai.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

We are booked on the Pursuit in both July and November.  I can not even imagine taking flights that vary between 14.5 hours and 9 hours and then getting on a ship.  I know Azamara will do it’s best to keep us safe and sound but being in an airplane puts us at risk for getting the virus from someone that does not know they have it and then bringing it to the ship. Most countries will not want people crossing borders.  I just want to stay safe and maybe this year stay local.  Time to get new patio furniture.....help the local economy and enjoy our lanai.  

We can't either but want Azamara to cancel so we can get our $$$ returned. At this point I don't want any FCCs. Too many unknowns at this time. All we can do is wait and see what Azamara decides but I do hope they do it sooner rather than later. I looked to book the same British Isles itinerary for next summer and pricing was a lot higher and the category we booked isn't available. 

Same here.  We want the $$$ back, not future cruise credits.  When our final payment was due I asked if it could be delayed because there was already an outbreak although it was not yet in the US ( that we knew of at the time). I was told I had to make final payment or lose our discount, OBC , etc.  Shame on them.  I just cannot imagine the July cruise even happening.  So, we are holding out for it to cancel.  

• Like 1

We are a couple of newly minted 70 year olds, in generally very good health.   Our June 11 cruise was cancelled so we've requested a refund.  Just waiting for the June 20 to be cancelled, as we, too, do not want FCC.  There is no way to predict the chance of getting the virus or how one's  body will respond if one does contract it, so  we won't be flying and cruising until there is a vaccine.

Not sure what our future travels will be like and what part cruising will play.  I've always planned a lot of independent land trips for us, so I sometimes think that perhaps we will explore customized trip planning with local experts with an on-the-ground network to deal with contingencies.  The thought of being confined on a ship such as has happened this year has prompted this thought process.   So who knows?  But first, for us, it's a vaccine.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 12:15 AM, floridafolks said:

the mice -- what I find the most troubling is when I click on the link at the top regarding Italy's reopening plans-

At the end of phase 3 it has: Beyond March 31: The last step will be to reopen the borders and allow travel --  that is March 31, 2021! 

IF this comes to pass, then that would be a big impact!

I am not sure where you got this info. As a British expat living in Italy, I am not aware of this!